Skye

Pokemon

1 hour ago, Rynjin said:

I think you can transfer Black/White to X/Y or ORAS and then into Sun and Moon. That's how it's worked for most gens, anyway. I think the only solid break was from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald to Diamond and Pearl, since the tech was completely incompatible.

nope, you're thinking of Gen2 -> Gen3 where they totally revamped the Pokemon data system.

gen 3 mons can be transferred to gen 4's Pal Patk with a DS/DS Lite. BWB2W2 mons can be one way transferred to gen 6 for free with Pokebank and Poketransporter.

7 hours ago, Huff said:

BWB2W2 mons can be one way transferred to gen 6 for free with Pokebank and Poketransporter.

Also note that you can only transfer the 'Mons in Box 1, and every Pokemon in that box will be transferred when you use the Poke Transporter.
If any of your Pokemon are ineligible for transport, they'll remain in that box while all others will be transported.
Then you'll need to open up the Poke Bank, when you use the Poke Transporter all Pokemon sent to the Bank are placed in the Transport Box, which you'll need to empty before you can use the Transporter again. Any held items will be placed back into your Bag, or deleted if the bag is full. From the Poke Bank, you can then move them to XY/ORAS - and in January, SuMo.
Kyurem must be in its base form (Not White Kyurem or Black Kyurem) in order to be transported, eggs cannot be transported, and any Pokemon that evolve via trading will not evolve when transported to the bank or another game.

Edited by Stackbabbin' Bumscags

any predictions for today's direct?

hoping for that big switch title that will give me more of a reason to buy one. also wouldn't mind DPPt remakes since that was one of the greatest gens

pokken dx - nointrest

pokemon sun and moon 2: slightly more content edition - come on

gsc on 3ds - that's nice but if the only additional feature is the bank then i don't really care

disappointment

2 minutes ago, ToasterToastin' said:

Is it a GS remake or a HGSS remake? I had a lot of fun on both, of course, but there were way more features on HGSS.

It isn't a remake. It's just the original Gold and Silver being ported to the 3DS, like RBY were last year.

24 minutes ago, Silent said:

It isn't a remake. It's just the original Gold and Silver being ported to the 3DS, like RBY were last year.

Ah. That explains a bit. Guess I should get around to watching the thing, then.

I have this weird relationship with the Gen 5 games. Like I so desperately want to love them (good sprite work, some of the new Pokemon are really fun,  like the legendaries, etc.), but for whatever reason, I simply cannot get invested in them. When I first played White, I took a 2 month hiatus at one point, where I just wasn't feeling it. White 2 was even worse, where I took a 5 year hiatus after Ghetsis kicked my ass one time and only just recently decided to tie that up. I don't get it at all. I think X&Y, ORAS, and S&M are worse games, and yet I managed to spend hours on those without a hiatus. I'm curious if anyone has similar feelings toward Gen 5, because I'm wondering if there's something about it that makes me bored when playing it.

eh

Also,

On 12/15/2017 at 6:14 PM, Moby said:

It was far worse than Ruby, which is still my favorite, but at least better than Platinum.

A little late to say this, but you're wrong and I want an 1000 word apology by tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Moby said:

Sorry, not sorry. Platinum was a massive drag and I gave up on playing after the 4th gym.

You too? I made it further than that, but I never finished the game because it just felt so slow. I don't even remember the "story" or progression, and while I'm usually great about game maps I remember absolutely nothing. I can draw Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn from memory easily. Sinnoh? No clue. I think there was a giant mountain in the middle? HG/SS was the best game in the generation and it was a damn remake.

Eevee/Pikachu looks pretty. Not sure how thrilled I am about the PoGo mechanics, or the wisdom of going full-nostalgia with the first 151. Also, I wonder if they're gonna go with actual cries instead of the chipset sounds for the first time, since Eevee has a voice (and the PokeBall+ is gonna make noises).

Probably going to finally convince me to buy a Switch though, so that's something.

Edited by ToasterToastin'

1 hour ago, ToasterToastin' said:

I can draw Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn from memory easily.

This could be a fun exercise, I might give it a go later. Pretty sure I can nail the first two, connected, and just about every detail but the route names. Pretty sure I could have a good stab at playing GSC blindfolded. Hoenn is tricky, I'm not 100% on what is going on in the top left, the water part is easy enough, and it will probably piece itself together as I go along. Sinnoh does have a big mountain in the middle, but Unova is a complete mystery to me. Kalos is circular and shaped like france, and SunMoon is just like, four islands? idk

Edited by Silent