Skye

Pokemon

I started replaying Ruby a few days ago and this popped up. Scared the shit out of me, I thought I wouldn't be able to play it.

Ah, you can still play the game, but you can't grow berries or stuff like that.

I remember playing Pokémon Yellow, got Pikachu to level 20, put it in a PC box and never took it out. Instead, I captured a Drowzee and got to the Elite Four with a motherfucking Hypno at level 70 (And goddamn Zapdos at level 60, and some other Pokémon). My Hypno was defeated by Gary because it wanted to learn Kinetic, didn't know what that attack was, and replaced headbutt with it because it was the last attack with PP and I was retarded. The longest 40 turns in my whole life. Died because of Combat, and had forgotten to save before stating to fight the E4.Then a friend deleted the save file, and managed to get to the Victory Road with a level 60 Golem, Zapdos again, and got lost in that labyrinth. I'll talk about Pokémon Silver later, and other Pókemon gaems I played.

I started replaying Ruby a few days ago and this popped up. Scared the shit out of me, I thought I wouldn't be able to play it.

I don't know how it works for 3rd Gen games but if the internal battery dies on you for 2nd Gen games it will erase your save and you can't save anymore until you replace the internal battery or you hook up your Gameboy Advance (SP works best with this because you can turn the light on the Gameboy off) to a recharger, leave the game running for 4 days straight and pray the internal battery works again.

I don't know how it works for 3rd Gen games but if the internal battery dies on you for 2nd Gen games it will erase your save and you can't save anymore until you replace the internal battery or you hook up your Gameboy Advance (SP works best with this because you can turn the light on the Gameboy off) to a recharger, leave the game running for 4 days straight and pray the internal battery works again.

gen 3 games get a lot more mercy. The only thing affected is time-based events, like Eevee's evolutions, berry growing, and raffles and such.

If you can connect with a copy of Firered, Leafgreen, Colosseum, Xd, and maybe Emerald, you can also fix it with a patch Nintendo worked in

FUCK YES POKEMON

My favourite Pokeyman is Haxorus, favourite generation was Gen III, I never actually found any Gym battles/Gyms particularily interesting or noteworthy; more of a milestone in my eyes. Missing is a bitch. I love stat-boosting moves.

And after I finish the storyline/endgame, breeding becomes my in-game life. I'll breed to the perfect nature, get the most useful moveset even if it involves much inter-game shenanigans, and even EV train them specifically.

that feel when I found out my level 100 Adamant Haxorus with 252 Attack EVs, 252 Speed EVs and 4 HP EVs has 31 SpAtk IVs

Loads, but I'd have to pick Drapion or Muk. Fav generation has to be Diamond/Pearl, it's like the huge Pokemanz Revolution with all the new stuff introduced, no idea, using UU pokemanz, to the point of attempting to use hax but gave up outta laziness.

Well, here goes if anyone cares, this was all written as it happened.

Diary of a Pokénoob: Chapter 1

After turning on my Gameboy I am greeted with the image of a dark behemoth flying over rolling clouds, I press start and select "New game." A strange voice asks me to tell it what the time is, it's 6:34 and why does this voice care. Oh, it's Professor Oak, I recognise him, apparently Pokémon and people support eachother, from what I've seen, we force them to fight eachother, I don't call that support. Oh great, there are many mysteries about them too, this is like finding a new species of Koala in the Amazon rainforest and getting it to hump a turtle.

I decide to call myself Scamp and, oh no. It's the house. The house with the TV in the corner that I could never escape from, this is horrible. I go downstairs and get some Pokégear, whatever that is. I've done it. I've escaped the house, the barrier has been broken and it is glorious, time to check if it works, this has gotta be it, I save the game and turn it off. It didn't work, I'll check again.

And...

And...

Inafter internal battery has died. Well, it was worth a shot.

Well, may as well put in a late reply.Answer A: Scizor, followed by Zangoose, followed by Salamence.Answer B: Gen I=Gen II=Gen III=Gen IV=Gen VAnswer C: I don't know about my favourite Leader, but the most annoying I remember was Norman. Damn his Slakings and their Facades and Yawns!Answer D: Confusion. Don't get me started on how it doesn't make any sense!Personal Note: I don't care if the white-haired kid from the Gen III games is just wearing a hat. If he is, i'll assume his hair underneath looks exactly the same.

Edited by TheKigYarGamer

Whelp, so as long as it's already necro'd, I just got White version. Found it in a used game booth at PAX east and I figured "Why not?"Now I regret dropping pokemon shortly after gen IV came out. Everything's so different and silly.

If you can connect with a copy of Firered, Leafgreen, Colosseum, Xd, and maybe Emerald, you can also fix it with a patch Nintendo worked in

Battery is different from the clock. If it says 'The internal clock has died", that means you can use the above patch. If it says "The internal battery has dried out", then that is unpatchable.

Whelp, so as long as it's already necro'd, I just got White version. Found it in a used game booth at PAX east and I figured "Why not?"Now I regret dropping pokemon shortly after gen IV came out. Everything's so different and silly.

Go back to gen III now.

Well, I got Black, wanna trade sometime, Rammite?I think the biggest reason why the diary of a pokenoob series could never really work is that the games are so well designed, they tell you everythin you need to know to play the game.

About two weeks ago I wanted to replay pokémon Gold, but the internal battery had dried outI ended up breaking open the game to replace it which was a huge pain seeing as they spot welded the damn thing in for some reasonWhen I finally managed to replace it it turned out the game itself was damaged too, and crashes every time I get my first badge ;-;So much for nostalgia

Damn. Where did i put my Pokemon Smaragd? ;_;I captured a shiny Pikachu there but didn't notice it until I replayed that game a year ago. Man, i was pissed and glad at the same time.

I caught a shiny Electabuzz about a month ago in Platinum. I plan to transfer it to White once I finish Platinum.edit: Rammite, you went to PAX East? Awesome.

I caught a shiny Electabuzz about a month ago in Platinum. I plan to transfer it to White once I finish Platinum.edit: Rammite, you went to PAX East? Awesome.

It was like gamer heaven.But after a few hours, it boils down to "I already played this game like 5 times" and "I want to play this game but the line is an hour long".Still gamer heaven omg

I caught a shiny Electabuzz about a month ago in Platinum. I plan to transfer it to White once I finish Platinum.

The only thing that really bugs me about the Gen III games is that most of the Pokemon from Gens I and II are nowhere to be found, even in the safari zone! Well, at least they have Heracross.

It was like gamer heaven.But after a few hours, it boils down to "I already played this game like 5 times" and "I want to play this game but the line is an hour long".Still gamer heaven omg

So my roommate tells me. He actually got me a combustible lemon grenade foam thing. It's beautiful.

He actually got me a combustible lemon grenade foam thing.

I KNEW I DIDNT VISIT ALL THE STORES.I have like 40 bucks burning a hole in my wallet. I wanted to leave PAX with nothing in my wallet and swag in my arms.

I KNEW I DIDNT VISIT ALL THE STORES.I have like 40 bucks burning a hole in my wallet. I wanted to leave PAX with nothing in my wallet and swag in my arms.

Give it to Binary, it's a good cause.