Skye

Pokemon

The only thing that really bugs me about the Gen III games is that most of the Pokemon from Gens I and II are nowhere to be found, even in the safari zone! Well, at least they have Heracross.

This is why Nintendo had you play Firered/Leafgreen/XD/Colo to get the I and II pokemon.

Black and White 2? Why couldn't they just roll two games into one and call it Pokémon Gray? Well, as long as it isn't a 3DS exclusive I'm okay with this I guess.

Well to be honest, they're pretty much just been doing the CoD thing since Gold/Silver.So them doing a Black and White 2 is like Activision making Blackops 2.

Well to be honest, they're pretty much just been doing the CoD thing since Gold/Silver.So them doing a Black and White 2 is like Activision making Blackops 2.

A never thought about Game Freak that way... But you might be right about that.

Well to be honest, they're pretty much just been doing the CoD thing since Gold/Silver.

Fuck. I never thought of it like that, but you're completely right.

If you look at the core gameplay, yes. But at least Game Freak has the decently to release new pokeymans every now and then and creating a new region every few years. CoD just rehashes maps from previous games and sells them for $15 each and the weapons are all reskins from previous games.

Weren´t Black and White 2 entirely new games instead of remakes?I'm not entirely sure but at least the protagonists look different. I assumed they were pretty much new games but without another truckload of new pokeymans

...what?They added a whole bunch of new pokemon in Black and White. Its a completely new generation with new animations, abilities, mechanics and re-usable TMs. Saying Gold/Silver is to CoD as Black/White is to CoD2/3/BLops is a complete understatement.That isn't to say Black/White isn't without its flaws as it was developed some time before Gold/Silver. We didn't get following mons, L trigger A shortcut, and some minor things I can't quite remember.

Has anyone ever tried a Nuzlocke run? It's pretty much "hardcore pokemon"-there's only really 3 rules:-If a Pokemon faints, IT IS DEAD. You can no longer use it, and must either release it or put it in a box.-You must catch the first Pokemon, and only that one, on a new route. No others may be caught.-You must give your Pokemon nicknames, to form a bigger emotional bond with them.My friend's doing one right now...he's having a tough time with it. It's hard as hell...

...what?

They added a whole bunch of new pokemon in Black and White. Its a completely new generation with new animations, abilities, mechanics and re-usable TMs. Saying Gold/Silver is to CoD as Black/White is to CoD2/3/BLops is a complete understatement.

That isn't to say Black/White isn't without its flaws as it was developed some time before Gold/Silver. We didn't get following mons, L trigger A shortcut, and some minor things I can't quite remember.

New Pokemon are like weapon skins. Just because they look different, doesn't mean they're actually new.

Posted Image

New TM/HM is to Pokemon, what new airstrikes is to CoD. None of them are original, most of the time they're just an old ability with a slight stat change and a new animation.

The only difference between CoD and Pokemon, is that CoD releases more frequently. Pokemon is the same game, but with a new campaign mode, a little polishing, and a couple new skins every time.

New Pokemon are like weapon skins. Just because they look different, doesn't mean they're actually new.

Posted Image

New TM/HM is to Pokemon, what new airstrikes is to CoD. None of them are original, most of the time they're just an old ability with a slight stat change and a new animation.

The only difference between CoD and Pokemon, is that CoD releases more frequently. Pokemon is the same game, but with a new campaign mode, a little polishing, and a couple new skins every time.

Which is to say the AK47 is a "skin" of the M4A1. They're both guns, they both shoot bullets. What's the difference?

The three pokemon you have identified here are Pikachu, Pachisiru and Emolga respectively (from left to right), which I shall explain their differences:

Pikachu is an electric mouse. Pachisiru is an electric squirrel. Emolga is a flying electric squirrel. Each one might look similar (AK47 and M4A1) but to someone who knows what it is they function absolutely differently.

Please don't say they're "skins". It probably makes me just as mad as if someone told a gun-nut that the AK47 is a "skin" of the M4A1.

You might not have noticed that the pokemon franchise has indeed released a multitude of non-pokemon catching games such as pokemon snap, dungeon, pinball and so on.

Edited by nanosheep

Which is to say the AK47 is a "skin" of the M4A1. They're both guns, they both shoot bullets. What's the difference?The three pokemon you have identified here are Pikachu, Pachisiru and Emolga respectively (from left to right), which I shall explain their differences:Pikachu is an electric mouse. Pachisiru is an electric squirrel. Emolga is a flying electric squirrel. Each one might look similar (AK47 and M4A1) but to someone who knows what it is they function absolutely differently.Please don't say they're "skins". It probably makes me just as mad as if someone told a gun-nut that the AK47 is a "skin" of the M4A1.

They're the same.They use the same type of attacks, they fill the role of "Cutie mascot" Pokemon, and two out of three has static at their ability. There may be slight differences, but it won't actually matter in the long run. Like with the Ak47 and the M4A1. One might be more accurate or have a larger clip, but it's still shooting an automatic gun randomly and getting instant kills.The only difference is the middle one looks retarded. Oh and Emolga is flying, I guess that counts. Edited by Just a Gigolo

They're the same.They use the same type of attacks, they fill the role of "Cutie mascot" Pokemon, and two out of three has static at their ability. There may be slight differences, but it won't actually matter in the long run. Like with the Ak47 and the M4A1.The only difference is the middle one looks retarded. Oh and Emolga is flying, I guess that counts.

Of course they use the same type of attacks, each one of them shares the same element electric! I'd like to add that those three aren't used much in competitive battling because of their shallow stats and movepools.Besides, is the fact that they look somewhat the same even matter? The whole point of pokemon is catching and training mons you like (and using them in battles vs friends or whatever).

Of course they use the same type of attacks, each one of them shares the same element electric! I'd like to add that those three aren't used much in competitive battling because of their shallow stats and movepools.Besides, is the fact that they look somewhat the same even matter? The whole point of pokemon is catching and training mons you like (and using them in battles vs friends or whatever).

Which is why they rehash the same Pokemon with slightly different stats, and a even more retarded looking appearance every game.Because they know the fans are stupid and will buy it up. Like CoD fans for example.Lets look at the story in each game. "Your a trainer, go fight 8 gyms, beat the elite four, and along the way you'll fight a terrorist organization." Edited by Just a Gigolo