Binary

Planetside 2

Is anyone else as amped for this as I am? I just got my beta access key, and read a lot of articles, and it just keeps sounding better and better. For some reason, though, I feel like i'm going to end up driving people around a lot.

Edited by binary

Uh.*quick google*oh ♥♥♥♥ i want this right now. The idea of MMORTSes always interested me, but they've rarely been done correctly.

Horse shit!I can't sign into my damn Station account, or even sign into SOE. Even AFTER I just changed my fucking password.EDIT: Fucking GENIUS. Their support ticket system requires me to be logged into an account. Created a new account, it got logged out, can't log it back in.

Edited by Stackbabbin' Bumscags

It looks so good. Gah, why do I not have a better PC! :c

If I remember correctly, they're trying to optimize the heck out of it. So it *should* run on anything.

If I remember correctly, they're trying to optimize the heck out of it. So it *should* run on anything.

..I play on a laptop, so im kinda skeptical to that xDbut +rep to them for optimizing the game! Would be fun if I got Planetside 2 running on my PC. I do seem to manage to run Guild Wars 2 and Skyrim on Low settings so I guess it's possible :P

Ehehehehehehehe! My group of beta keys gets activated some time today!!! This makes me very happy. Also, to the poor and keyless, follow their twitter and request a key, they're handing them out like candy.

God dammit why the hell is everyone handing keys out over Twitter? I don't want a new social network account, but DAMMIT I want to play Planetside 2 ;-;

I have one just for following people. Minecraft, Tf2, Planetside, ect.

Also, don't feel left out yet:

*spends the last two hours downloading the beta*

*loads it up*

*Gets ready to choose a server*

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

They apparently turn off the servers at night during the beta. Or something.

Forget the silly disclosure thing, I need to vent.I've played this for a good majority of today, and all I can say is that this game will take over the world once it is out. Seriously, its good. Its laggy, unoptimized, and bug ridden, but dang its fun. The scale is massive, like Far Cry 2 massive. Everything is fairly responsive for the most part, as far as connections go. I've said this many times, but it feels like war. Not like a fight, as in, "oh, we lost this base, gg." As in "We lost this base, fall back and we'll re-take it." You can't rambo it either. If you try to go and capture a base by yourself, your dead. even only two people increases your odds of succeeding.Best story of the day: Respawned at the "central hub," and went out to a waiting Galaxy (Its a dropship, fits like 12 people, and acts as a mobile spawn when landed.) I take a gunner seat, and we take off. About midway to where we're going, two New Conglomerate (rival faction) Reavers (basically the best planes in the game) start following us. We try our best, take one down, and wound the other. It turns away as three more take its place. Our pilot tries to land, and we all bail out just as our ship explodes. About half the crew survive. We regroup, and gun down the rest of the Reavers, then we storm a nearby base. We get a few wanderers along the way, and head over to help the rest of our faction capture a large stronghold. Long story short, we won. So, we will all be required to play this as soon as it hits Steam.

Forget the silly disclosure thing, I need to vent.I've played this for a good majority of today, and all I can say is that this game will take over the world once it is out. Seriously, its good. Its laggy, unoptimized, and bug ridden, but dang its fun. The scale is massive, like Far Cry 2 massive. Everything is fairly responsive for the most part, as far as connections go. I've said this many times, but it feels like war. Not like a fight, as in, "oh, we lost this base, gg." As in "We lost this base, fall back and we'll re-take it." You can't rambo it either. If you try to go and capture a base by yourself, your dead. even only two people increases your odds of succeeding.Best story of the day: Respawned at the "central hub," and went out to a waiting Galaxy (Its a dropship, fits like 12 people, and acts as a mobile spawn when landed.) I take a gunner seat, and we take off. About midway to where we're going, two New Conglomerate (rival faction) Reavers (basically the best planes in the game) start following us. We try our best, take one down, and wound the other. It turns away as three more take its place. Our pilot tries to land, and we all bail out just as our ship explodes. About half the crew survive. We regroup, and gun down the rest of the Reavers, then we storm a nearby base. We get a few wanderers along the way, and head over to help the rest of our faction capture a large stronghold. Long story short, we won. So, we will all be required to play this as soon as it hits Steam.

My god o-oAnd I'd gladly play, at least with fellow subSPUFers. How's the community so far?

My god o-oAnd I'd gladly play, at least with fellow subSPUFers. How's the community so far?

The community is great. I think some of the anonymity helps, as there's so many people. I crashed a carrier once, we all just respawned and picked a different pilot, no problems. The people I went down with in the last story? They were a squad, and invited a few of the stragglers to join them afterwards.As far as I remember, they have groups called outfits, and we would DEFINITELY need one of those to stick together. I've been playing on the West server, but would the majority of you play on the East server? (US)