Skye

Homestuck

13 minutes ago, Moby said:

They could have at least put the class since they bothered with the aspect.

Yeah I was wondering what the deal was with that. How will we possibly fill out a roster if we don't have our classes?!?

I guess he is a bit late on that. I cant even remember what happened in the ending aside they pushing the "We win" Deus Ex Machina button and everything skipping straight to the future.

Hussie only knew what he was doing through Act 4.  Act 5 was ambitious but it quickly got out of control, and showed several major weaknesses in Hussie's style (such as how he can't write more than maybe eight different characters, meaning that when the cast expanded he was forced to define everyone by a dumb gimmick or plot role rather than actually designing a new personality).  However Act 5 wrapped up okay and he did a pretty good Hail Mary pass at the end that paid off.  But then Act 6 came and all the existing problems just got more and more magnified.

I'm still somewhat skeptical about whether anyone actually got through Act 6.  I mean, I know that there were still fans, but they were largely just mining the story for fanfiction material and probably just skimmed that act.

8 minutes ago, Gyokuyoutama said:

I'm still somewhat skeptical about whether anyone actually got through Act 6.  I mean, I know that there were still fans, but they were largely just mining the story for fanfiction material and probably just skimmed that act.

I did, but damned if I could tell you what happened. As I recall, three layers of time-travel retcons happened, and then the continuity-tracking part of my brain shut itself down in protest.

Also this:

ROSE: Like, a notional fading. As if something, somewhere, is undergoing a process of “forgetting,” and we are what is being forgotten.

ROSE: All ideas, people and their full potentialities, possible outcomes and their specific unfolding, all these things live inside conscious frameworks.

ROSE: The further removed we get from authentication of canon events, the less relevant they become, and they slowly fade from the conscious frameworks which kept them stable.

is Hussie lamenting the fact that nobody cares about his magnum opus anymore.

Went over to the website in like the first time in five years.

This is about the first thing I see:

Graphic Depictions of Violence, Major Character Death, Rape, The Economy, Xenophobia, Pregnancy, Alternate Universe, Mind Control, Non-Con, Breastfeeding, Misogyny, Sexism, Transphobia, Misgendering, Canon Compliant, Canon Divergent, Redemption, Dubious Consent, Mind Break, World War, Political Intrigue, Robots, Child Abuse, Rough Sex, Child Neglect, Alcohol Use, Breastmilk, Death, Incestuous Undertones, Mental Illness, Suicide, Polyamory, Clown Dynamics, Meta, Abuse, Fridging, Genocide, Diapers, Murder, Honk, Children, Gender Transition, Depression, Toxic Masculinity, Sexual Abuse, Friends to Lovers, Speciesism, Babies, Manipulation, Gore, Infidelity, Marriage, Nonbinary Character(s), Milking, Identity Questioning, Feet, Political Rebellion, Fascism, Rapping, Drug Use, Funerals, Religion, Eating, Food, Aliens, Possession, Light BDSM, Theft, Furry, Anthropomorphic Characters, Power Imbalances, Blood, Trickster Mode, Body Horror, Gerrymandering, Starvation, Cuckolding, Interspecies Relationships, Guns, Vore, Assassination, Alien Biology, Detransitioning, Chronic Illness, Vomit, Drugging, Cannibalism, Unhealthy Relationships, Capitalism, Eggs, Slut Shaming, Black Romance, Kidnapping, Faygo, Bimboification, Poisoning, Teenagers, Domestic Abuse, Reality Television, Ovipositioning, Ghosts, Revolutionary Rhetoric, Self-Sacrifice, Propaganda, Super PACs, Pica, Early 20th Century Dance Movements, Prison Camps, Existential Crisis, Xenophilia, Daddy Issues, Bad Parenting, Addiction, Clown