Gold Standard

Dota General

There are quite a few of us in subSPUF. Maybe we could all leap into a giant practice match to how you the ropes.Granted, I still don't know what I'm doing. But Hertz and Cructo might be able to help.I'll see if I can't make a quick newbie guide in picture form.

Okay. Dota 2 in a nutshell.

Posted Image

That's the bare basics. Of course, you're a beefy guy in a 5v5 beefyguy fight off.

And everyone is an asshole and has like a bajillion tricks up thier sleeves.

I didnt think they would be tradable, but check outpost if its on

They're tradable, but they're sort of really expensive. I have no idea what they go for, though.

Okay. Dota 2 in a nutshell.

Posted Image

That's the bare basics. Of course, you're a beefy guy in a 5v5 beefyguy fight off.

And everyone is an asshole and has like a bajillion tricks up thier sleeves.

When in doubt, spam Venomancer minions.

And get a pet Ursa.

And get a pet Ursa.

<3 Venomancer <3

I'm usually a pretty good Ursa, but you took him first. I didn't think Venomancer and Ursa had so much synergy.

I remember when every other thread on SPUF would be met with simply,

*Notices the last post is about my very first match, a horrible failure.*

Crap, I've come a long way.

And subSPUF is sort of maybe small enough that it can slide. That one was buried under 5 weeks of crap anyway.

Read this stuffhttp://www.playdota.com/learnhttp://www.playdota.com/guides/simple-ways-to-improve-your-gamehttp://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/qckss/new_players_reddits_compiled_guide_to_dota2/guides for specific heroes (read all of the above first)http://www.playdota.com/guidesPlay with bots until you know what you're doing or I'll stab you.

Don't do this. It's free gold for enemy heroes.

Me and Rammite were pummeled so badly last night. First off, we feed a Huskar and a Linch, then the next game, I ragequit after being forced to play as Clinkz.There was a Huskar that round too.The horror.

That poor silencer hated us so badly.And then after THAT match, I had one with my friend. Me as Veno + Huskar, Riki, Zeus, and Spirit Breaker versus Drow, Doom, Clinkz, Bloodseeker, and Night Stalker.I thought "Oh, up against 4 carries and a ganker? They'll never level up."And I was right. None of the carrys leveled and ended up feeding badly (The Night Stalker ragequitted at the 2-minute mark), but the god damn Bloodseeker got 30+ kills off our Huskar and Zeus and bought a Rapier.We finally wrestled it out of him and I took it, broke right down to thier ancient. Massive Gank, I lost Rapier. Blood retook rapier, we lost the game in no more than a minute afterwards.EDIT: Oh, and the funniest thing - that first match me and Hertz played had a Faceless Void named Fluttershy.Then a teammate noticed that and started an argument as to who was the best pony and Hertz flipped. Edited by Rammite

We should play some matches this weekend.

This. We can start off with maybe a single practice match so Gold knows what he's doing, then just leap into 5-man pubstomps for shits and giggles.

Looks like I'm buying it this evening then, I'm never the one to miss out on social events. (Unless they include members of the opposite gender! :ugh:)Only joking, I'm great with women! My mum loves her feet and back rubs!

Looks like I'm buying it this evening then, I'm never the one to miss out on social events. (Unless they include members of the opposite gender! :ugh:)Only joking, I'm great with women! My mum loves her feet and back rubs!

Buying it? You can only get Beta Invites. Don't trade for them either. There's no such thing. Fill out a survey and you will be randomly picked from the selection pool.