Sign in to follow this  
Magmarrax

Guild Wars 2

Pre-order is available tomorrow for anyone is interested. I'm definitely getting this game, and I never even played Guild Wars 1. From all the trailers and gameplay footage i've seen of it, it looks like an absolutely amazing MMO. Much better than World of Warcraft in my eyes, and I played that game for years.

Anyone else interested in GW2?

Aye, tomorrow. I dunno what it is in your money, but over here it's:£50 for just the game, and a few preorder bonuses. (Beta access, 3-day headstart on release)£65 for the fancy digital edition, which gives you a load of cool ingame stuff and the same bonuses as above.£130 for the collectors edition, which has all of the above and the stuff seen here.

I actually made a thread about GW2...Beta specifically though so I don't mind jumping over onto this. :DDon't got the money to buy it yet, but I probably will in a few days... CE's statue looks fancy but I think I'll go for the cheapest pre-purchase option xDNot sure what I'm gonna main though, I sort of wanna main Norn Engi, but the thing is that most classes looks interesting so I dont know yet.Edit: Pre-purchased Edited by KillaWaliid

http://www.arena.net/blog/choosing-and-transferring-worlds-in-guild-wars-2 Thought this blog was interesting. So, what server shall we play on? :D It's probably best if it's an EU world, though I'm not sure how the lag would be for others not from EU.

I may or may not choose a EU server, since I'm in the US and I'll worry about the lags. Then again, I'm on the East coast. But if most of the SPUFers are going to be on EU servers, I won't mind.

It was fun. Not surprisingly, there were some issues to get into the game and lag at my first hours of the game. WvW was also laggy through the weekend, mostly due to major fights between two groups. I realized it's probably better to just defend/attack supply areas with a few friends. I played Thief human, I'm thinking I might main thief charr when the game is released. Though I think I wanna try Warrior or Guardian on the next beta event.Also tried elementalist and necromancer a bit on pvp for like 10 minutes. Obviously that doesn't give me a great experience with them, but I found it difficult to play them.

Edited by KillaWaliid

Me and my friends were playing on Abaddon's Mouth (EU) but i'm considering going to Desolation or Ring of Fire. (because johnny cash) I tried out an Engineer, Elementalist and Necromancer. (all charr, lol.) Necromancer was definitely the most fun class i've ever played in any MMO. It's got me even more hyped than ever.EDIT: Me and my friends have decided on Ring of Fire. (EU) If any of you fine fellows wish to join us, I have no objection.

Edited by Magmarrax

As release approaches, I found out that Guild Wars is being a grump and won't work with Wine.Is sad day. When I do get a chance to play however, I'll be making another Charr character, but as a Warrior, after having experienced how UP the Engineer is in certain situations.

As release approaches, I found out that Guild Wars is being a grump and won't work with Wine.Is sad day. When I do get a chance to play however, I'll be making another Charr character, but as a Warrior, after having experienced how UP the Engineer is in certain situations.

Whaaaat, thought it would work on Wine since I just recently saw some tweet-thingy about it on GW2.As for my main...still going for Charr Thief.Not really sure what server to play on, probably Desolation, but it might get full quickly cause it was popular during the beta weekends and all

Well, got it to work with Wine. Recent patches had borked it for everyone, and fixes have been found.

Gonna be rolling a Charr Warrior, with a name that has hopefully not been taken,(Charrbroiled), but probably is. Maybe a a thief or necromancer later on.

Well, All the US servers are full. EU it is, then.

Edited by Napkin Dust
Good God

Game is fun.Foraging for collectables and dyes is nice and doesn't require grinding since they can be dropped from pretty much any mob.The events are a nice touch but wear off pretty fast when you realise they're all quite similar or are very scarce in higher level areas.You also get loot like you're playing Diablo in the sense that your inventory fills up fast if you choose to take it all with you.Gunnar's Hold Human Ranger Master Race.

Ironic I just started leveling a Necromancer(dat CoF charr light armor) Frost and Flame has started, and will be adding guild quests. Problem is, I'm on a EU server(Desolation), so being able to do these with my guild will be possible, but a real pain because loltimezones. So I'm contemplating switching to a US server, but I still want to have a chance of running into you guys. Wat do?

I'm on Desolation, but im not really playing any games these months because of some exams, so I can't join you any time soon, and timezone is a problem, indeed. I wonder if server change is still free.. Thought they'd change it when they added guesting. At least guesting does allow us to play with others from different servers. Seems like I'll miss out on the Frost and Flames for janurary and februrary. Hopefully the older events are still doable in March.