Sign in to follow this  
Magmarrax

Guild Wars 2

Oh yeah, if anyone still plays-add me, my ranger's name is Timuk Beardude.  I've also got a Charr Necromancer and a human elementalist, but the ranger's my main.

I started playing this again out of the blue.  Deleted all my old shit characters and went in from scratch aside from a buncha amassed crafting junk and my gold.

So I'm necro'ing this thread-ironic, because I main Necro in GW2.  

So the game is still just as active as ever, maybe even more than ever really.  It went free to play about 2 years ago, and since then we've had 2 expansions with 9 maps added between them and a whole season of Living World (basically a continuation of the main story) with 6 smaller maps.  There's a crapload of new story content, a whole new class, they added raids, gliding, mounts...Guild Wars 2 is basically a whole different game than it was two years ago.

Seriously, if you ever played it and gave up, or wanted to try it but didn't want to pay for it, or even if you just left it a few years ago-give it another shot.  This game has never been better, and it's a shame that the poor launch and huge stretches of time between content releases made a kind of black mark on it.  Even just the free version of the game is worth it, in my opinion-you can still get max level characters and max level gear, and the entirety of the base game (the maps that came out at launch) is available.  The expansions are even better-Heart of Thorns got really good, after the initial bumpy launch, and Path of Fire (which came out last month) introduced mounts, which just revolutionized the entire game.  

I've been playing for nearly 3 years now, and I can honestly say that now is probably the best time to get into the game.  If you wanna add me to get help or just to hang out (I'm on NA servers, on Stormbluff Isle if anyone WVW's), my username is alexgndl.2173.  

I've tried to play a few time since, unfotunately my account got hacked and was used for gold selling. The only way I can recover it is by putting in my old Guild Wars Nightfall key from 9-10 years ago (which I'm pretty sure at this point I've lost), running a full system virus scan, and sending the results to Arenanet.

I'd love to try it again but fuck doing all of that to be quite honest.