Sign in to follow this  
The Irish Demopan

Doctor Who

Eccleston's Doctor had just fought in a war and doomed his entire race. That was apart of his character, but Eccleston's doctor had completely gotten over all that junk by the time Tennant took over

Eh?I didn't see it that way.

Tennant had two chances with different companions to not suck, Eccleston was stuck with Rose the whole time, and yet he did it better. Tennant's emo bitch attitude about Rose pretty much ruined any chance Martha Jones ever had, but at least Donna was so awesome she didn't get ruined by it.

I think Martha's shitty character ruined any chance she had, but okay.

Another fun fact, both Tennant and Eccleston tried out to be the 9th Doctor, but Eccleston got it.

And yet Eccleston only lasted a year.Funny that.

The Doctor STILL isn't over killing his race. In I think "The Beast Below", when he was talking to Amy about it, he said "I might come to terms with it someday". And then there's a few other examples, mostly in "The Doctor's Wife". So when you're saying that Tennant wasn't over it, and what a pussy he was...yeah, no.Also, in "Rose" it's highly implied that the Doctor had only just recently regenerated. He was only around for maybe a year at most in that timeline. Imagine killing your entire race, regenerating (which is essentially dying) and then scarcely a year later, dying YET AGAIN. Don't you think that would make you a tad bit on edge?Oh, and the one person that knew who you were, what you had done and still loved you for it (and had made you a better person in the process) was just sucked into a parallel world that you can't get to, she's trapped there for all eternity.

Eh?I didn't see it that way.

Well Tennant fans usually don't have a good grasp on reality.

I think Martha's shitty character ruined any chance she had, but okay.

Good job pointing out all those character flaws she had.

And yet Eccleston only lasted a year.Funny that.

He chose to quit so he wouldn't get typecasted as the Doctor. It had nothing to do with the quality of his performance. He'll always be the actor who was the first choice to be the Doctor, and there is nothing you can do about that.Funny how you ignore facts to make a point that isn't even there.:pinkiegasm:

Good job pointing out all those character flaws she had.

Same problem Rose had (she has serious dependency issues) except it made even less sense and was even more grating because she's supposed to be a DOCTOR. They're supposed to have the confidence to take charge of a situation. I could understand the first few episodes, the whole "There is an alien filled universe, and I can travel through time and space in a police box" thing can be overwhelming.But she NEVER grew out of it. Throughout the whole time she was actually a Companion I don't think she ever did anything useful.After she left the Doctor's company (like in the finale and in future appearances)? Yeah, she was pretty cool. When she was with the Doctor, it was like she was black Rose, but with the added pathetic-ness of him not returning her feelings at all.

He chose to quit so he wouldn't get typecasted as the Doctor. It had nothing to do with the quality of his performance. He'll always be the actor who was the first choice to be the Doctor, and there is nothing you can do about that.

Obviously it didn't work. Have you seen what he's done since Who?He was a fairly minor part (major in about 4 episodes, but never after that) in Heroes, and he was the bad guy in the god awful faithless bastardization of the Dark is Rising. That's really the only notable things he's done lately.Granted, Tennant ain't done much lately either, but he's had about 3 years less to do it in, and he has a ton of stuff in post-production or in filming currently.I enjoy our discussions Gigolo.

Obviously it didn't work. Have you seen what he's done since Who?

He was a fairly minor part (major in about 4 episodes, but never after that) in Heroes, and he was the bad guy in the god awful faithless bastardization of the Dark is Rising. That's really the only notable things he's done lately.

Granted, Tennant ain't done much lately either, but he's had about 3 years less to do it in, and he has a ton of stuff in post-production or in filming currently.

I enjoy our passionate love making Giggybear.

The point was he didn't get kicked out, so saying he only lasted a year as a bad thing means nothing.

Just throwing this out there, but I'm not the only one who thinks Tennant was inferior, the creators of the show can back me up on this. And Jesus too.

:pinkiegasm:

Edited by Just a Gigolo

There's actually 5, then the christmas special, then the rest of the season's in Spring 2013. Damn BBC. I thought "A Town Called Mercy" was good, but "The Power of 3" was excellent, in my opinion. VERY nice nod to the Brigadier there, thought that was nice.

How in the name of Horakhty do you call 5 episodes a season?

Well, the Inbetweeners (British version) had 3 seasons of 6 episodes each...but they're really just splitting up the season into 2 parts in this case.

Lasts week had some nice references to old Doctor's lives and friends. The Brid's daughter was a nice touch.

This week. Rory dies again in an episode but then he's not. Fitting farewell to the Ponds.

So 87 days til Christmas Day, eh?

Edited by The Irish Demopan

Well that was a ♥♥♥♥ing letdown. whoop yep they got zapped and died here's two minutes to feel bad okay we're done have some River Song SHE'S OUR FAVOURITEThis is probably the second most disappointed episode I've seen in recent memory.(The number one is the previous Christmas special, the Lion/Witch/Wardrobe-esque one, which disgusted me on a moral level. "Yes, kids, if you wish hard enough, your dead Dad will come back to life for Christmas!" Jesus that pissed me off and that's actually very hard to achieve. I think this total brush over the loss of my favourite companions has left me very bitter indeed.)

Edited by Skye