Sign in to follow this  
The Irish Demopan

Doctor Who

Man, that was heartrending, seriously, it's the most tragic fate I've ever seen any companion suffer, the addition of the Weeping Angels laughing wasn't too logical, kinda irritated me, I liked the Statue Of Liberty being an angel but there were loads of plot holes throughout the episode that were impossible to ignore.

You see how I just brushed over the fate of the Ponds? Yep, that's the episode for ya, give you a moment that's so sad it gives you shivers of emptiness as you say goodbye to a pair of lovely people who've known The Doctor for almost their entire lives, THEN IGNORE IT AFTER 3 FU

CKING MINUTES AND EVERYTHING'S ALL HAPPY AND ADVENTUROUS AGAIN.

Dicking shits, this was just dumb, great, although plot-hole ridden, episode up until those final scenes.

Personally, I liked it.I'm big on emotional scenes but just because the sadness wasn't lingered over doesn't mean that it was somehow invalidated by what comes afterward. Especially when what comes afterward reassures you that

the Ponds WEREN'T trapped in a hideous and painful lingering death, since the rest of the episode seemed to imply that they would be stuck literally in that apartment the rest of their lives.Not every Companion parting needs to have the Doctor break down and go nuts for half a season/movie, sometimes the parting can be bittersweet, and not utterly soul wrenching for the Doctor when it really SHOULDN'T be.

No, what pisses ME off was that the show was off for like 18 months with a single Christmas episode that was meh at best, and only had 4 episodes until THIS Christmas. That kind of weird schedule fuck up is what kills of shows.That and bringing the Weeping Angels back feels like they're milking what used to be a VERY frightening villainous race for all it's worth.

Edited by Rynjin

Double post ahoy! I was just wondering-has anyone watched any of the Classic Who episodes? I'm thinking of starting and was wondering if anyone here has actually done it before...certainly not gonna watch ALL of them, just the really good ones. And most likely the very first episode, just because...well, it's the first. Gotta watch it. So if you have watched anything from the Classic era, any recommendations?

Oh my god, it was FANTASTIC. At least in my opinion (and most of the internet's). Amy and Rory aren't mentioned once-while the Doctor being upset about losing them is a key plot point, it's not this huge overarching thing like Rose was. And the ending...oof, that ending. Also, the TARDIS redecoration's great as well. The promotional pics didn't do it much justice, but it really does look absolutely awesome. I've got a great feeling about the rest of this series, and I can't WAIT for it to get back on the air.

So in a recent interview with Russell T. Davies, who ran the show before Moffat, there was going to be a special where (and I swear I'm not kidding) the Doctor met Harry Potter. As in, David Tennant and Daniel Radcliffe, acting together (again) on Doctor Who in character. The only reason it wasn't made is because they couldn't get the timing right to film it, as both Harry Potter and Doctor Who were filmed at about the same time. That is the single greatest thing that could ever have happened ever.

So been fiddling around with some settings and I've seemed to have crashed here too late. Anyhoo somethings I've picked up on the scans into Whoian universes. First of all, Big Finish Productions posted a trailer of their 50th Anniversity production with 4,5,6,7 & 8 staring, called Light at the End:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A-MAp3ZsYs&list=LLvy2FthtVHWO9oq9RurIeVA

And then there is this:

There's an insane, thoroughly unsourced rumor floating around that the 50th Anniversary special's major guest star, legendary actor John Hurt, is going to be playing... the Doctor. And not just some future or alternate Doctor, but the real 9th Doctor, an incarnation that was somehow forgotten in the insanity of the Time War. And in case you're thinking this is all part of an absurdly elaborate "Screw you" to Christopher Eccleston, fear not — the rumor claims that, as Hurt emerges as the forgotten 9th Doctor, Eccleston becomes the 10th, David Tennant the 11th, and Matt Smith the 12th. While I can kind of imagine Steven Moffat doing something like that, if only to piss off insane fans like myself with retroactive renumbering, it's worth stressing that there's no clear source for this rumor at present, and even if there were, it would still be wise to take it with a grain of salt.

Oh, I really hope that doesn't happen. It'd piss everyone off immensely, and to be brutally honest, I'd much rather just see Paul Mcgann (8th Doctor) reappear. He deserves more than just one appearance on TV...

Hmmm... Maybe I'll start watching this again when Matt Smith dies a painful death and never comes back. My girlfriend and I stopped watching once he showed up. It was so bad we literally stopped watching in the middle of an episode after our stream stopped buffering. Maybe by some miracle Christopher Eccelston will be the doctor again.

Posted Image

Hmmm... Maybe I'll start watching this again when Matt Smith dies a painful death and never comes back. My girlfriend and I stopped watching once he showed up. It was so bad we literally stopped watching in the middle of an episode after our stream stopped buffering. Maybe by some miracle Christopher Eccelston will be the doctor again.

Posted Image

Why do you hate everything good?

I love Matt Smith as Eleven, it's just that Series 5 wasn't good enough to let him really get into stride. They had a few good episodes but the the series arc was a total mess and The Big Bang was probably the weakest finale of the new series thus far. Series 6 has a very weak finale too, but not nearly as bad as 5 and I'd say overall the show's quality started to get better. I'd at least try to watch up to that point and give Eleven a chance (although beyond that the current series has been a mixed bag so far).

So the lastest episode. Em, what happened?

Well, in the continuity sense...absolutely nothing. In the story sense,

Clara learned the Doctor's name, which somehow translates into her KNOWING him, while the Doctor told Clara "Hey, you're the female equivalent of Jack Harkness only I can't actually figure out how the ♥♥♥♥ you're doing it".

It's unknown whether Clara/the Doctor actually remembers all of this though, due to the wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff. Also-what do you guys actually think of Clara? It's been a few episodes since she's been formally introduced, and I gotta say-I'm liking her a lot.

Edited by alexgndl

It's unknown whether Clara/the Doctor actually remembers all of this though, due to the wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff. Also-what do you guys actually think of Clara? It's been a few episodes since she's been formally introduced, and I gotta say-I'm liking her a lot.

I would assume the Doctor remembers or can guess what happened with a certain degree of accuracy because, as Ten said once, Time Lords can see possible futures. Actually there are many points in the series where I think the Doctor knows a lot more about the future of the characters than he is willing to let on which makes the series considerably darker when you think about it. Clara is an anomaly of sorts so there's no way to know what her powers are (if she has any) and if she remembers or not. I would assume she doesn't, at least right now. She might remember later because as you said, timey stuff. Personally I really like Clara even if she can be a little too bubbly for me at times. The sexual tension with Eleven really weirds me out too. I get the distinct feeling that not only is Clara attracted to the Doctor but that the feeling is sort of mutual. Not only are Doctor/Companion relations really awkward but the Doctor is still married to River so I'm not into that dynamic at all.

Also-what do you guys actually think of Clara? It's been a few episodes since she's been formally introduced, and I gotta say-I'm liking her a lot.

I would bang She's a pretty cool companion. Her 'it's smaller on the outside' line was my favourite moment from her, and I'm really interested to see what becomes of her story.

Also-what do you guys actually think of Clara? It's been a few episodes since she's been formally introduced, and I gotta say-I'm liking her a lot.

Too Mary Sue for my tastes. I miss Amy.

The sexual tension with Eleven really weirds me out too. I get the distinct feeling that not only is Clara attracted to the Doctor but that the feeling is sort of mutual. Not only are Doctor/Companion relations really awkward but the Doctor is still married to River so I'm not into that dynamic at all.

See, now I really don't think the Doctor "cares" much about his marriage to River. Does he probably have feelings for her? Sure. But I have a feeling that the Doctor just finds the concept of marriage slightly...odd. And I think Moffat's said something to that effect too in interviews, I gotta try and find it.

See, now I really don't think the Doctor "cares" much about his marriage to River. Does he probably have feelings for her? Sure. But I have a feeling that the Doctor just finds the concept of marriage slightly...odd. And I think Moffat's said something to that effect too in interviews, I gotta try and find it.

Yeah, I know he doesn't have any deep feelings for River or his marriage but I wish those would develop. Now I'm thinking that isn't going to happen and she's probably gonna get written off sometime this year since Matt Smith may be leaving after the Christmas special and Eleven has to take River out before the events of the library (unless by "a new haircut and a new suit" she meant Twelve which would be interesting).