Sign in to follow this  
Razputin

Favorite game Mosaic

At first I thought this was another game music thread. *

3/6, not too big of a halo fan Also I wonder why Sapphire is so popular. It wasn't a bad pokemon game at all, but the best one? I'd say at least Emerald, it was pretty much a direct upgrade

* :pinkiegasm:

4/6 >playing WoW I need to emulaCOUGHbuy KH once, I only got to play at a friend's house occasionally Edited by Razputin

/mu/ hipster in full throttle Fucking plebs.

Make a music 3x3 thread and I'll gladly contribute 4/6, was gonna praise NMH and King Crimson but couldn't hear it over the 5 deaf black guys singing karaoke over the wrong song

I do have to ask though, why Minish Cap?

It was my first experience of a Zelda game (because as I said, I had no consoles, just handhelds), I think. And I thought it was awesome, and honestly I've always preferred the topdown handheld Zelda games since (not that I've played all that many though)

i tried to make one but it said something about people who opted out of being shown on a mosaic heres the list anyways: unreal tourmaent doom II brutal doom heXen megaman 8-bit deathmatch roblox spyro the dragon(i havent played it since my parents made me throw away my ps1 for some reason even when it was 20 dollars on ebay) crash bandicoot firefall

Why did it have to be nine? I love too many games. Here's the first nine I thought of, though.

For context, from top left to bottom right:

DOTA2

Iji

Pokemon Red

Fez

Bastion

Dishonored

Grandia

Halo: Reach

The Walking Dead

I've heard a lot about Iji, kind of an indie classic. I should probably try it ouy

Also I've never ever heard of Grandia, but the trailer looks good

Crap, I forgot what was on my mosaic.

Maybe it's a good time to make a new one...

Ta-daaaah!

good picks. Twilight Princess isn't often called favorite between Zelda fans though, why exactly?

Also I really need to try Rayman Origins

I wonder how different this one is compared to my last one

Fun fact: 5 out of 9 of my choices have the number "2" in them.

>2 halos

booooooooooooooooooo

although you are the only one out of three with TF2 in their faves on a TF2 forum

good picks. Twilight Princess isn't often called favorite between Zelda fans though, why exactly?

Personally, I blame nostalgia glitter. Many fans accuse Twilight Princess of being nothing more than Ocarina of Time with wolves.

I played TP before OoT* and loved it. After playing OoT, yeah, I could see what TP took from it, but I still felt like TP did it all better WAIT THIS IS JUST MY OPINION PUT DOWN THE PITCHFORKS AND HEAR ME OUT

Z-targeting has a more satisfying feel to it, you get the horse right away instead of halfway through the game, and the overworld has stuff in it instead of being a big jagged grass texture with one tree.

And besides, TP brings plenty of new stuff to the table. Turning into a wolf is fun as fuuuuuck, the Twilight realm is genuinely spooky, and there are a lot of awesome characters! (And Midna is the least annoying guide in any Zelda game, TRY TO PROVE ME WRONG.)

Twilight Princess built up from the foundation laid by Ocarina, and the result was awesome.

/rant

*My parents didn't let me have an N64. Shut up.

Also I really need to try Rayman Origins

Yeah, ya do. Everyone reading this needs to. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

I've heard a lot about Iji, kind of an indie classic. I should probably try it out.

It's nothing amazing, but it's a nice testament to how much one person can do with limited resources. It has a Deus Ex style of "upgrade this or upgrade that" and there's a number of ways to play it, including pacifism. Soundtrack is surprisingly awesome, too. It's also free.

Also I've never ever heard of Grandia, but the trailer looks good.

Might be the nostalgia talking here, but I enjoyed this more than Final Fantasy VII. Not sure everyone else would agree, but it had some loveable characters, the battle system was cool, and the soundtrack is amazing.

Farewell to Sue is more heartwrenching than To Zanarkand. I ain't even jokin'.

Also here's a list of every game or game series that has received two or more votes from different members, making it an overall SPUF favorite.

[spoiler2]Pokemon series (Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald was the most popular generation.)

The Legend of Zelda series (Five games were liked, but none of them more than once, so any Zelda game appears to be a favorite.)

Elite Beat Agents

Half Life series (2 was more popular than the original.)

Portal series (2 was also more popular than the original.)

Team Fortress 2

Psychonauts

Yoshi's Island

Super Smash Brothers series (One like was given for each game in the series.)

Super Mario World

Halo series (Reach was the most popular game.)

Jak 3

Banjo-Kazooie

Kingdom Hearts

Borderlands 2

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Braid

Super Mario Galaxy

Dishonored

The Walking Dead[/spoiler2]

Edited by Skye

Be sure to pick a zelda game nobody else picked for maximum coolness.

Considering the only Zelda game I've played* was Wind Waker, I'd switch it to that *I played it for about thirty minutes

Revival

I'm in a bind right now because a /v/ 3x3 thread made me realise I want to add Cave Story to my list, which means I have to cut something else

EDIT: shit antichamber as well