Sign in to follow this  
Razputin

Favorite game Mosaic

iPods and images do not go well together so I'm not gonna bother trying the actual mosaic

Borderlands 2

Bastion

The Orange Box

Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Super Mario Galaxy

Burnout Paradise

Cave Story

Skies of Arcadia

Super Smash Bros Brawl

GsAPOYd.jpg

dammit some things got cut off

top: Touhou porject, TF2, Paper Mario : TTYD

middle : Mother 3, smash bros, portal 2

lower: borderlands 2, pokemanz, skyrim

lets see here

Cave Story

Bastion

To The Moon

Team Fortress 2

Dota 2

Portal Series

Dark Souls 2

Fallout 3

Dishonored (This one is tentative, though)

Revival due to list update

I wanted to do the 4x4 with a big center like you guys did in the waifu thread butI couldn't decide on a satisfying 12th game so instead I just cheated again and counted the orange box as one game

Reviving this thread because I'm genuinely a little curious as to how tastes change over time, and also Ben jumped the gun on me in actually making a new one.

6zUBneg.png

Tried to shoehorn in a theme rather than make it look nice because I'm not smart, but at least it didnt take me very long. Hope theres some more dogs in undertale 2ch2

In order of least likely to get removed from this list to most:

Spoiler

Pokemon Gold is always the one I pick over Crystal or the remakes because of a very worrying reason: nostalgia. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that those are better games, but if it wasn't for the original they probably wouldn't have meant very much to me. The weird thing about my favourite game of all time is that it's the first one I ever played, back when I was 6 or 7 years old, that made me feel nostalgia in the first place. That moment that I have talked about time and time again, when you set foot on familiar ground and have a whole new/old world open up to you right after you think it's all over, is just indescribable, I don't think another game has even come close to that for me. That moment solidifies what in my heart the Pokemon games are about, an unrestrained journey into a weird, wild world. It was my first real taste of that as a kid, and though the more recent Pokemon games are failing more and more to capture it, Gold never won't, no matter how many shortcomings it has, like its arguably bad designs and crappy level curve. Iwata's determination to include essentially a whole extra game in the cartridge is something that is probably going to stick with me for the rest of my life. CLICK
I'm fully aware that they aren't actually dogs, by the way, but it felt like they were more iconic than, say, a Houndoom.

Undertale resonates with me in a way that I think I needed a few years to fully understand, and I honestly think a part of that is how obviously, how fucking crystal clear it is that Toby Fox's heart and soul has been put on display in this game. Seeing him talk about his desperation to share his ideas and worlds with people really hit me hard because I can empathise completely with that and how difficult it can be for people to overcome the hundreds of barriers that can stop them from achieving that. I already gushed about undertale here so you can read that if you want to know why I like it.
I'm going to let you in on a little secret if you've decided to read this edited post on a zombified subforum about nothing - video games are art. They are. Paintings are good, books are good, music is good, films are good. But I don't think any of those can make me feel the same way I do playing a video game? Like, I've always felt, and I'm aware this is something that affects no one else, that if I can read some manga of something then I'm always better off watching it animated, so I can see it move and have a backing soundtrack to it to accentuate it. But then you have cases where the directions an adaptation goes clash with the original author's intentions, and you get instances where the original is better, despite lacking everything the adaptation added to make it better in another person's eyes. Undertale isn't an entirely solo endeavour but it feels like every set piece, every song, every battle is hand crafted so that it can tell the story Toby has been dying to tell. And that really gets me. CLICK
Also Undertale wins out by having the most dogs out of any game on this list.

Mother 3 is an improvement on the game that inspired the above. Earthbound is good, really good, and everyone should play it, but they should also play it so they can move on to this game. Mother 3 tells a really good story with really good characters, and unlike Undertale, it has a finely tuned, mechanically fun JRPG underneath it. Rolling HP bars and a rhythm-based battle system give you more opportunities to be skillful, and make fights more intense than its predecessor. Huh, I felt like I'd be able to talk about this one a lot more, but it's just a really good fucking game with the sense of humour that made Earthbound renowned. CLICK
Also, this game has a dog as a playable character, who barks every time you hit something.
As an aside, this game is never getting localised, and if it does, the localisation will not be as good as the fan translation unless the actual writers of M3 oversee all of it, and I doubt that will be the case.

Super Mario Odyssey juuust manages to squeeze past Galaxy 2 as my favourite platformer. I was expecting Galaxy 3 in HD and was obviously surprised when the game pushed the envelope even further. So there's no real need to go into how it looks and sounds fucking gorgeous, with a surprising range of art styles like the Ruined and Bowser kingdoms. The capture mechanic is genius, doing away with the traditional powerups and allowing for the whole 'mind controlling enemies' trope, something I fucking love in video games. Tons of content, and uplifting ending sequence, an actually difficult final challenge at the end of the game, all edge this out as the best Mario game I've ever played. And I really like those! Also this song made me buy a Switch!!!
The dog in this game fetches your hat for you, and he also wears a hat. Nice!

Minish Cap, however, stays here rather than being booted off by Breath of the Wild. I'm not big into Zelda games, and actually prefer the top down 2D ones, so the fact that I enjoyed BotW as much as I did must mean something. I didn't even like Link to the Past very much, which was the first one I played on GBA. But Minish Cap really struck a chord with me as a grand adventure. With its colourful and fluid spritework and neat shrinking and cloning mechanics, there was just something special to me about a world that changes depending on your size. Attics become dungeons, grasslands become forests, and in a couple of really cool fights, regular ass enemies become bosses. This is the quintessential Zelda game to me, and I'd recommend it to anyone who's looking for more since it is kinda underappreciated. CLICK
Believe me that it would be been easier to get an image of a dog from BoTW for this panel, but there are definitely dogs in MC and they are your friends! Unlike cats, some of which can actually kill you.

Hollow Knight sets an entirely new precedent for metroidvanias that I didn't even know existed. This fuckin' world man, it's a world that yanks you right in and makes exploring every single area an absolute treat. Each area is distinct and colourful, there's a million types of enemies, and the gameplay just feels so fun. If a game can draw me in like that and have the goods to back it up, then that's all I really need. CLICK
There are no dogs in Hollow Knight.

Ghost Trick is the most recent addition to this list, which I played at the urge of my good friend Benjamin. This game just oooozes personality, man, the sort that I grew up with playing games like EBA and WarioWare that had wacky characters as their backbone. This one actually has a damn good storyline for them to follow, and ooooohh those animations... So glad I sat down and played this. An extremely satisfying game.
Ghost Trick also has the undisputable best dog on this list, Missile. No exceptions.

So here's the awkward one...you see, at some point this list would have had Modern Warfare 2 as one of my favourite games. THen it would have had TF2, then Dota, then Overwatch...but I think that while these games have all had unique selling points and memorable moments, and in some cases have been where I've met my closest friends, they have all just kind of vessels that connected us together. And it turns out I can only play TF2 or Dota for 5000 or so hours before I get utterly tired of them, and it feels like every step the devs take or fail to take is a step in the wrong direction. I never thought this would happen with recent games like Overwatch or Siege but here we are...I don't want to play them solo, and might only drop into a game with a bunch of friends.
Halo 3 was the game I was, hands down, THE most hype for, out of all of them. I bought Crackdown just to play the demo, and I ended up getting the super legendary edition with the helmet that you couldn't wear. Halo was babby's first fps for me in a very literal sense, as my parents were actually pretty strict with giving me games above my age range and it took a lot of begging for me to get Halo in the first place. But the threequel...man, it just had fucking everything. A 4 player co-op campaign with a kino as fuck ending (an ending that I had been pumped for for 6 years), actually fun multiplayer when I was a kid and had no idea how to do anything well but swear at grown-ups, a map editor that let you set up crazy fun custom games, and tied it together in this package that I just. Played. For years. It kind of signified my leap from console to PC, but *sip* those were the fuckin' days, man. CLICK
So yeah, if I have to put a multiplayer game on here, it really does have to be Halo 3, for the impact it had on me.
Halo 3 doesn't have any dogs in it either, but I think I was creative enough to do the theme justice.

Furi is at the bottom and it was contending with THPS2, which I think would have given me a bit more variety? But no, Furi is a truly unique, special game that does everything right, particularly the smooth as fuck level curve that carries you through two difficulties. This game just makes you FEEL like Batman, like you're the guy swinging the sword and gun around at light speed.
And some people say that the buildup sections between fights are boring and bad. Are you one of these people? If so, then fuck you, because these segments absolutely make the game as much as the mechanics do. All these games on this list made me feel something, and Furi had this in spades with its perfect pacing, game feel, and MUSIC OH MY GOD. CLICK!!!
And there's no dogs in this game too. There IS a rabbit.

Honourable mentions/series I didn't want to put in twice:

Spoiler

Pokemon Platinum + HGSS

SMG 2

Breath of the Wild

Earthbound

Braid

THUG2

Cave Story

Portal 2

Spiderman 2

Jet Set Radio Future

Journey

Celeste

Nier: Automata

The End is Nigh

A Hat in Time

Edited by Silent
now with game names

The only two games I'm really playing right now are PlanetSide 2 and Breath of the Wild, so those two. Hard to think of anything else really.

I guess the games I consider classics like Half-Life, Deus Ex, Halo ODST, and games that had really fun multiplayer like Halo Reach and Advanced Warfare probably count. Everything else kind of seems like nostalgic games that I probably wouldn't run through again. Maybe that still makes them favourites? I dunno.

Edited by A 1970 Corvette

Huh, I never did one of these. Well, I'm lazy.

It would go like this:

Undertale | Fallout New Vegas | Warframe

A Hat In Time | Castlevania SOTN | Hulk Ultimate Destruction

Ghost Trick | Dragon Quest 8 | GTA San Andreas

With honorable mentions to:

Spoiler

- Need for Speed Underground 2

- Burnout 3: Takedown

- Okami

- Stardew Valley

- Enter The Gungeon

- Binding of Isaac

- Hollow Knight

- Castlevania Aria/Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin

- Skullgirls

- Saints Row 2-4

- Bully

- Lisa

- Cave Story

- Fable: The Lost Chapters

Oh boy, this thing again!

wCsh9H1.png

The theme for my 2018 mosaic is Funny Faces! And since it might be hard to tell what some of these games are, here's a list:

1. A Hat in Time - just a nice little 3D-Platforming romp that reminds me why I loved games as a kid (even when they scared me a little!)

2. Team Fortress 2 - after all these years I still find myself getting pulled back in to it. That proves a lot, considering how quickly I get tired of most online multiplayer games.

3. Zelda Breath of the Wild - Trap Link best Link! (But Midna is still the best side character.)

4. Shovel Knight - It's too bad Shovel Knight and the boss knights don't have faces, because they would probably be more recognizable. Oh well!

5. Celeste - A game with simple but well-explored mechanics and a surprisingly heartfelt story.

6. DOOM 2016 - I think this game speaks for itself by now. Obviously I had to cheat for this funny face, because the demons' faces aren't particularly funny and Doomguy never takes off his helmet (and even if he did, I don't think he can make any expression besides an angry grimace)

7. Dark Souls 2 - Yeah, I know it's the much-hated middle child of the series, but it's the one that got me into the series. And furthermore:  BOOOONNE FIIISSSSST!

8. Super Mario Odyssey - This is a game full of fun little moments, and gives you the freedom to make such moments for yourself. I think this in-game screenshot taken by yours truly really captures the whimsical nature of the game.

9. SUPERHOT - ...An exploding red glass head is kinda funny, right? I hope so, because you'll see a lot of that in this game!

iaYosDe.jpg

No theme because I'm a lazy asshole and I challenge you to tie this shit together.

Explanations:

Spoiler

Europa Universalis 4: I love this game so much I buy its overpriced DLC on launch. I'd play it more but recently they put in a really bad change and I feel like it'll take a bit before they revert it or at least make it less ass.

Warframe: It's a really grindy game, but I like grinding (as long as it's not War Thunder tier). I dislike F2P on principle but the way the game does it is probably the best way they could.

TF2: Without TF2 I wouldn't be here now and I still get the urge to play it every now and then. But damn it's sad that community servers are gone and that playing nowadays is like bowling alone.

Ace Combat Zero: Both it and AC5 are the best AC games (nevermind the fact they're the only two I've played other than 4) but I put Zero because I put it last time and it's nice to have continuity. The writing is cheesy but I love it and (spoiler warning of course) it's certainly got the better climax, in my opinion at least.

My Summer Car: I love this game, it looks so simple but it's anything but. The guy who works on it is a really nice guy and updates it fairly consistently (last update was a week ago), always adding even more shit. It's still technically in Early Access but it's basically a full game at this point, and even if it stopped getting updated a year ago it would still be more than worth the money, especially considering how moddable it is.

Rome: Total War: I still come back to this game every now and then, despite it showing its age, especially performance-wise since it only uses one core.

Payday2: I've had a love-hate relationship with Overkill over the years, but at its core Payday 2 is a damn good game. It's the only real game I have 100% achievements on (once everyone in my crew is free, which sadly isn't very often) and I have a lot of good memories with my boys in it. damn good memories.

Red Orchestra 2: A good, relatively realistic shooter that I'd play a lot more if I could still run it at decent settings.

Jak 3: Not much to say other than it's a great ending to the Jak series. I kinda wish Naughty Dog would revive it but I know that it would suck so I'm glad they don't.

Rude to wait till I’m asleep to post

w6nAlv3.jpg

Sunshine is kind of a representative for a bunch of Mario games but it’s definitely one of the big boys. It has that good GameCube feel, it’s probably the smoothest feeling platformer I’ve played, and big comfy. I replay it every summer.

Undertale is a masterpiece, and my second favorite game. I think I’ve written how it makes me feel somewhere around here, but I just absolutely adore it and am currently feeling Emotions about Deltarune.

Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations is a rep for the entire AA franchise and probably the best one I’ve played. Still gotta finish SoJ and Ivestigations 2. There’s nothing else like these games.

Hey, Chibi-Robo!! I like this game a lot and it’s weird as hell! It’s surprisingly rich in stuff to do and story to tell and I wish the sequels were interesting.

Ghost Trick is my favorite game of all time. I’ve probably gushed about it somewhere. Please play it even though like half of you guys who have responded have already?

Hotline Miami is my third favorite game! The fever dream feel and the gameplay are both really solid and the story is told very well (not so much in the sequel). Don’t even have the mention the soundtrack.

Dishonored was a game that earned a spot in my favorites years after I initially played it. Dishonored knows how to make you feel powerful, like a competent agent in its world. Dishonored walks up to you, looks you in the eye, and calls you “sir” before getting down to business. It respects you and expects respect back. The morality system is really good, the characters are all enjoyable except Piero, and the gameplay and level design is varied and complicated and excellent. I really need to play Dishonored 2.

Furi’s a good game with a bopping soundtrack. I think I’ve gushed about this one somewhere too. Has some issues but the feeling that some of the swells in the battle gave me still send chills down my spine.

The Witness is a bit of an odd duck here for some reason I can’t articulate. Maybe because of its bare-bones story? It’s puzzles are a lot more abstract than those of the other puzzle games on this chart? Well regardless, the main reason The Witness is here is because it has the most masterfully crafted game world I have ever had the pleasure of traversing. Sure, most of the panel puzzles were fun to figure out, but the hidden perspective Easter eggs, aesthetics, and environmental puzzles are nothing short of genius. It boggles my mind to try to comprehend how much foresight and logistical planning was put into the island to have all these puzzles fit and still look comfy and beautiful as hell.

uhh here are some other games I’m probably forgetting some?

A Hat in Time

The Binding of Isaac

Payday 2 (I’m feeling sad after last night’s update)

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario World

Pokemon RSE, Platinum, HGSS/GS, XD

Luigi’s Mansion

Elite Beat Agents

Rhythm Heaven

What Remains of Edith Finch

Portal 2

I don’t care for TF2 at all any more but I can’t deny the effect it had on me

Super Smash Bros Brawl and Melee

Stardew Valley

DOOM 2016

fuck how did I forget Yoshi’s Island???

I also forgot Punch-Out!! Wii. That is a good game and a great example of a competent reboot. Also the characters are underrated. 

probably more might update this tonight?

jOUYjqN.jpg

Spoiler

1. Metal Arms: Glitch in the System: A game series truly taken too soon. Multiplayer was fun as a kid as well as having a humorous and fun campaign. Getting all the secret chips so I could unlock more multiplayer levels was fun for that splitscreen action.

2. Team Fortress 2: Imagine me putting this here. The community server life was absolutely amazing and helped me grow as a person. Got back into it last year after a two-year break and still having fun killing peeps and finding exploits. Led to meeting all of my amazing friends I have now.

3 Luigi's Mansion: I love the ghost models and the atmosphere of this game. It pains me so much to see that Luigi's Mansion 3 is using the Luigi's Mansion 2 ghost designs. Have probably run through the mansion over 20 times since we got it all those years ago.

4. Sonic Adventure 2: The game I've owned the most. Once on dreamcast before soap and watering my dreamcast, once on gamecube, and now on PS3. Chao Garden was amazing as a kid (but it's more of an annoyance to me now) and had a ton of fun doing glitches and stuff when I 100%ed the game a few years ago on PS3 in order to play Green Hill Zone.I can cope with poor control in games and the emerald hunting missions aren't bad if you grew up with them.

5. SMITE: Probably something that would get axed first, because I didn't want any game that enabled my competitive attitude where I switch to swearing a ton. However, Smite is a game that I wish I still had people to play with because it's really the only MOBA I enjoy. Every top down MOBA is a huge snorefest for me. It also helps that Jing Wei is nothing short of amazingly fun. 

6. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Definitely a game that I love. I grew up with this, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess all close but this one has to be my favorite especially considering I love the environments and even recently bought Master Quest for Gamecube and it was a lot of fun. Great for doing glitches and tricks too.

7. 100% Orange Juice: This one is honestly more here for how it grew up with me in a way as a teenager. I love the characters and I've got all of the franchise's games. It's also fun wrecking people with that sweet sweet 35% winrate.

8. Quake III Arena: Had to put in either this or Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. Wish games didn't have to all have ultimates and abilities in order to win over gamers. Grew up with it and I'll always play Klesk.

9. Pikmin 2: Da best PIkmin game. It has loads of content compared to the other 2 and it's filled with many different emotions. Those groups of flying bomb guys will always be scary.

All of these games here are games that I have played for a long time and would not be against playing right this very instant. It's cool to see that Ocarina of Time is getting a big modding scene at the moment. I guess honorable mentions by playtime would be CS:GO, but even though I have 1300 more hours on it than CS:S, I still consider CS:S to be the best one of them all. Payday: The Heist could technically be on here too, but I've pretty much burnt out on that game. How did I get 635 hours out of a game with 9 levels? Who knows, the game is good. More obligatory gamecube games are Melee, Chibi Robo, and Kirby Air Ride. Another game I considered was Army Men: RTS for gamecube. Really fun game but I need to beat it legitimately because I had to use cheats as a kid.

I would've done a theme with glitches, but it's kinda tricky for a few of them unless I compiled them myself, which I really don't want to do. I don't even know any Quake III glitches.

Edited by hugthebed2

Everyone's explaining themselves and I'm not gonna let a chance to shout my opinions slip by

4 hours ago, A 1970 Corvette said:

The only two games I'm really playing right now are PlanetSide 2 and Breath of the Wild, so those two. Hard to think of anything else really.

I guess the games I consider classics like Half-Life, Deus Ex, Halo ODST, and games that had really fun multiplayer like Halo Reach and Advanced Warfare probably count. Everything else kind of seems like nostalgic games that I probably wouldn't run through again. Maybe that still makes them favourites? I dunno.

Spoiler

PlanetSide 2: This game feels like it was designed for me. It's got such a breadth of playstyles and content that even with my 1500 hours I can say I still haven't experienced all of the game. The game has a lot of things that no other shooters do either out of design or out of necessity (like clientside hit detection) and the depth is insane. The infantry play is harsh to new players but it's very rewarding once you get it, the headshot mulitplier combined with CoF management, movement meta, absolutely INSANE hipfire, large health pools with medkits and long time to kill means that if you know what you're doing you're very rarely out of a fight just because someone got the drop on you. And that's just from a normal shooter perspective, factoring in the huge battles and open world the game is fuckin' stellar. Further factoring in how many screw-ups the development teams/management have done, it's amazing the game is still fun and also slightly saddening to think about how amazing this game could have been if even half of the things that went wrong didn't happen.

Breath of the Wild: Open world games are old hat but this one feels good. It looks pretty, mechanics are solid, the world is fleshed out enough to feel alive... It's a game that makes you want to keep exploring. It has a sense of wonder that not many games inspire. This is the only Zelda I've played for more than hour and I'm glad I played at least this one. 

Half-Life: It's the gold standard for what a linear singleplayer FPS should be. Half-Life 2 was good but I think the original was much better focused, and had WAY better feel for most facets of the game. I find it hard to imagine anyone who likes singleplayer FPS and doesn't like this game.

ODST: It's a singleplayer FPS with a gloomy futuristic city, where you play an elite shocktrooper that is hopelessly outnumbered and has to fight guerilla style against a superior force of aliens, all while recounting what happened to his squad while he was catching a nap. This game either hits most of my points for themes, or maybe I played it at such a developmental time in my life that it became my standard for aesthetic. It's got the normal Halo gameplay but mixes it up with a bit of a focus on exploration. And it has a bitchin' soundtrack (which is something I usually don't care for or bother remembering in games)

Desu Ex: It's a perfect example of how a game from almost twenty years ago can still be ahead of everyone in some ways. It's just a cool fuckin' game man, and the gameplay is actually pretty interesting. In terms of RPG hybrids, this game is about as deep into the RPG side I can get without losing enjoyment. Most of my praise for this game is mirrored by others so just watch Ross's Game Dungeon on it and call it good.

Reach: Similar to Halo 3 in its gameplay but with a better weapon sandbox and mixed things up with armor abilities. Invasion itself is a selling point and I played the shit out of that, but the enhanced Forge and community creativity with it also made for lots of fun. It was just kind of a "definitive" Halo experience for me. I thoroughly enjoyed 3 but I think that Reach beats it in terms of variety.

Advanced Warfare: Added a really fun and intuitive advanced movement system to Call of Duty's twitchy gameplay and the map design supported it well. Adding in the weapon variant system made the game have even more customization that I absolutely love. I really wish I played this when it first came out, rather than when it was dying out two years later. Even with that I loved it. Everything after has been a mockery and hasn't hit the same note that AW did. Also the game was a little bit cyberpunk in the "PMC branch of a megacorp" kind of way and I fuckin' loved the visual design of the guns, maps, and the (non-retarded) cosmetics. The campaign was disappointing because it didn't leverage the main draw of the game, but nobody expects anything from a CoD campaign and Kevin Spacey was funny.

My criteria for a good game is a game that I can sink hours at a time into. Pretty much all of these are except for perhaps ODST. Half-Life's modding lets me stretch out more of that delicious gameplay whenever I see something that might be fun.

Edited by A 1970 Corvette
Somehow I forgot to explain Deus Ex

1 hour ago, hugthebed2 said:

Payday: The Heist could technically be on here too, but I've pretty much burnt out on that game. How did I get 635 hours out of a game with 9 levels? Who knows, the game is good.

Payday 1 has a lot less weapons and heists in it than 2 but they're all very distinct as opposed to 2 which, while I of course still love it, also has some redundant levels, especially since Harvest and Trustee seemed to be in every other heist at launch.

And not to mention Overkill seems addicted to throwing in new heisters who will NEVER get new lines like Rust and Ethan and Hila.

Wow I was just thinking about updating this the other day and I go to subspuf to see it already bumped. I'm also very curious to see how everyone's taste has

changed

I'll update my own in a bit

mosaicbe8eeb45351b677383ddca1d29a8357b92dfbd98.thumb.jpg.dcfb1e95b5e141c3d5977935c2c551d3.jpg

The site I posted in the OP refused to take some pictures and cropped the civ V logo Kraszu also used wrong the entire time so I kinda gave up

-It's fucking great to see how much love Furi gets on these forums because the game is amazing

-shoot me but I think Black Mesa is better than original Half Life, Xen missing is a good thing since Xen is obnoxious as fuck

-why do I still play TF2 weekly

18 hours ago, Snatcher Cube said:

SUPERHOT 

Even though I loved the game, honestly I see Superhot as the epitome of wasted potential. The gameplay is amazing but the storymode is over in like two hours and I found myself skimming through plot because they really failed the metagame narrative they tried to pull. With only 1 type of enemy and maybe 6 different weapons I had to laugh when the credits read "thanks to our backers for letting us make Superhot with our fullest creativity" or something along those lines

27 minutes ago, Razputin said:

mosaicbe8eeb45351b677383ddca1d29a8357b92dfbd98.thumb.jpg.dcfb1e95b5e141c3d5977935c2c551d3.jpg

The site I posted in the OP refused to take some pictures and cropped the civ V logo Kraszu also used wrong the entire time so I kinda gave up

-It's fucking great to see how much love Furi gets on these forums because the game is amazing

-shoot me but I think Black Mesa is better than original Half Life, Xen missing is a good thing since Xen is obnoxious as fuck

-why do I still play TF2 weekly

see lad, I found 4:3 picture, made it easier for myself

49 minutes ago, Razputin said:

Even though I loved the game, honestly I see Superhot as the epitome of wasted potential. The gameplay is amazing but the storymode is over in like two hours and I found myself skimming through plot because they really failed the metagame narrative they tried to pull. With only 1 type of enemy and maybe 6 different weapons I had to laugh when the credits read "thanks to our backers for letting us make Superhot with our fullest creativity" or something along those lines

Yeah, in retrospect, that one was a poor choice. At the time I was struggling to come up with a 9th game that really stuck with me, and I ended up going with the first thing I could think of that could be kinda-sorta wedged in to that contrived "faces" theme.

You'll be happy to know that since yesterday, I have picked up a new game that I think is much more fitting, both for the mosaic's theme and for the game's impressions on me. With that in mind, here is my updated mosaic:

Spoiler

0LSusJP.png

Yakuza 0 is...astonishing. Like Odyssey, it's another game full of fun little moments, except instead of a chubby Italian plumber, these moments are played out by two of the most badass criminals in Japan. From Kiryu getting really intense about slot-car racing, to Majima's karaoke cover of "24-Hour Cinderella" (pictured), these men will delight you with their goofy antics...and then get right back into their very serious storylines full of intrigue and violence. What more could you want from a game?

Since pretty much everyone's done this, I might as well chime in:

8MtGMXm.jpg

Rep for anyone who recognizes all 9.

Edited by Gyokuyoutama