Splosion

Magic The Gathering (TCG)

I'm staying with my own Boros deck. If I'd finish it completely it'd look something like this, but I doubt I'll finish it completely. I'd rather focus on my Modern decks seeing as those don't rotate out Also, if you're gonna selfmill, I'd really suggest running UG so you can use Chronic Flooding http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=270786&type=card

I'm staying with my own Boros deck. If I'd finish it completely it'd look something like this, but I doubt I'll finish it completely. I'd rather focus on my Modern decks seeing as those don't rotate out

Also, if you're gonna selfmill, I'd really suggest running UG so you can use Chronic Flooding

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=270786&type=card

The self mill is part of my golgari deck to dump creatures in the graveyard. Here's the rundown of my guilds.

Selesnya - TOKENS EVERYWHERE / life gain

Azorious - Heavy control with lockdown enchantments and detain

Rakdos - Aggro / Direct damage

Golgari - Self mill / Aggro with a splash of control

Izzet - Control / direct damage

Dimir - Control / milling

Simic - Undying exploit with Zameck guildmage

Orzhov - Extort sentric / minor control

Gruul - Best attempt to make Gruul not crap

I haven't made a final decision on my boros deck. I may splice it with my soldiers or go for an angel theme it's mostly dependant on how I'll need to balance it against my other decks. Alot of these decks are going to be really solid though so I may be able to go a bit nuts with Boros. Here's a few of the combos I'm working in.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

With 2 gyre sages on the field alongside ooze flux I can give myself infinite creatures, if champion of lambholt happens to be out at the same time that also gives her infinite power making everything unblockable.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Not quite as impressive as the last one but very very effective in most scenarios. Puts heavy punishment on an opponent for attacking and gives me time to get extort pumping out enough damage.

Just found this pic Complete Vitnage deck. That's like a car's worth of money it makes me a bit nauseous

Try 10 cars. I've seen a Black Lotus graded at 9.5 (not even a perfect 10 in quality) with a price tag of $25,000. A few of those other cars are in the $1000+ price range as well. Speaking of ludicrous amounts of cash spent on cards, I FINISHED MY RAVNICA DECKS! They still need more playtesting and tweaking here and there for balance but they're all essentially complete at this point. Rakdos probably needs the most work in the form of a few lower cost chump blocker creatures and some more desecration demons but nothing huge like the changes I've made to the others.

I'm going to the Grand Prix in Utrecht this weekend I am gonna spend so much money there I'll have to give PTSD therapy to my wallet EXCITE

You should slap together some sort of troll deck to take with you. I had an idea for a deck centered around hexproofing and duplicating fogbanks as a milling deck that milled at the speed my opponent actually draws cards. I was thinking of panoptic mirror + time reversal as well to toss out the milling concept for my wincon to become "opponent ragequits game" http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=270314&type=cardhttp://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=239968&type=cardhttp://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=245187&type=cardhttp://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=47930&type=cardhttp://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=195630&type=card Four of each of those 5 cards plus a hefty amount of counterspells ensure you'll never make any new friends ever again.

I'm mostly gonna do the draft events, and I'll give my Merfolk Deck a go at the modern tournament Maybe I'll even try the Standard tournament although my deck isn't even close to being comp-worthy

I got both the Elgaud shieldmate and Avacyn in the same booster. Nice addition for that Vengeance of the humanity deck I have lying around. Alhought Avacyn will be a bitch to play, 8 manas but my creatures can't be destroyed.

Reminds me of the card storylines of Yu-Gi-Oh

I miss when yugioh had a plot and decent storyline for a show of it's type. Sad it devolved into "30 minute long toy commercial" like every other formulaic anime designed to sell a collectible game to kids.

Oh um yeah I just came back from the Grand prix I played terribly but my drafts were pretty damn good, got a Boros Reckoner, Gideon, and foil Watery Grave. Sold them all to pimp my Merfolk deck and now the blue part is done (yay) Also my friends played Legacy (an Elves combo deck and a Goblin agrro deck) and got some incredibly epic matches. I played Modern myself, and although I only won 2 out of 6 matches I think it went really well for such a low-budget deck, losing 2-1 every loss but one and always going head to head. In total I spend about 120 euros on magic this weekend.

Ok, so my friends finally sat me down and showed me how to play...I'm hooked and I want my own deck now. I don't know anything about the meta, or the guilds, or really anything. All I know is that I was using my friend's green deck, and that there were a bunch of deathtouches/tramples in it. So yeah, I need help...oh, and I'm on a VERY tight budget. Like, probably $20 USD, 40 at the absolute most.

for that budget you're probably best off buying a prebuilt deck. I've heard the Sorin vs. Tibalt dual deck is pretty cool, and you could fuse them together for a decent 3-color deck

I ended up just buying a Deckmaster's Toolkit and a few boosters (me and a friend might split a booster box later) and I ended up with a fairly decent blue/black mill deck, along with a completely untested angels/humans white deck. I totally have a new favorite card though-I got Stuffy Doll from a booster...he's so funny.

So Pax East's Swag Bags (Yes, that's what they're called.) comes with MTG starter packs - I have a Green, a Black, two Red, two White. I get the sheer basics - Kill the other guy, don't get killed, use lands/creatures/sorceries wisely. But what else should I know?

So putting a Stuffy Doll in a mill deck is really funny-if you play it right, there'll be a point where your opponent can't attack you, because he would kill himself in the process, but he has to do something or else he decks out next turn. Next time he plays me, I'm also going to (hopefully) have Wingcrafters as well-not even flying stuff can get through.

*quick google* PERFECTLY BALANCED.

Hence why it's banned and restricted in every format ever and easily worth a 1000 bucks At the Grand Prix there was a card stand with a massive collection of power 9 cards showcased beneath a glass plate and it just made me feel uneasy

So putting a Stuffy Doll in a mill deck is really funny-if you play it right, there'll be a point where your opponent can't attack you, because he would kill himself in the process, but he has to do something or else he decks out next turn.

combine Posted Image with stuffy doll

Hence why it's banned and restricted in every format ever and easily worth a 1000 bucks

i did some quick googling

it is worth a touch over $5000.

WHAT THE JESUS

WHAT THE JESUS

Not meaning to say Yu-Gi-Oh is better, but I'm glad that Konami does things like tin re-releases to stop cards (for the most part) from ever getting past $200.

I DO want to get into Magic though. I should probably look up some deck types.

Oh god of course this thread explodes the week I leave. Alex if you're going for a blue/black mill deck then innistrad zombies are where you should start looking. Most cards that work well in that barely push past the 50 cent mark. Take a look at my zombie mill. While it can win by pure deck destruction the milling also ramps up creatures to where it isn't your only win con. If you want to go for pure milling though make sure to have a stall/control heavy deck.

Also for anyone interested in getting into the game Simic Aggro is a fantastic beginner deck and if you forego rare dual colored lands it becomes extremely cheap to put together.

Hmm, ok...any recommendations for good sites to buy cards?

I use www.abugames.com

It's a tiny bit more expensive when it comes to expensive rares but everything else is the cheapest I've found.

WHAT THE JESUS

Actually a graded mint condition Black lotus can sell for well over that, you've gotta remember MTG has been around for over 20 years now and with how big it's gotten the original series of cards have become huge collectors items. Edited by Splosion