Splosion

Magic The Gathering (TCG)

Quick low-level brain blast: How effective would a mostly-green deck be if you had two revives in your hand and more than enough forests in play to support it?

Quick low-level brain blast: How effective would a mostly-green deck be if you had two revives in your hand and more than enough forests in play to support it?

Very. Revive > Sundering Growth > kill an Oblivion Ring or something of theirs > get another token Revive 2 > rinse and repeat Or in a Golgari (green-black, focuses on graveyard effects)... whoo boy. Revive and such is a fantastic card.

If you're staying standard-proof, definitely get a playset of Mind Sculpt, Thought Scour and Dream Twist. Two Consuming Abberations would be great as well, just like a playset of Jace's Phantasm for some easy alt wincon If you don't mind formats, definitely try to get a playset of Hedron Crab. Probably the single best mill card in existence, and cheap as hell

The ten champions for Dragon's Maze have been revealed

Posted Image

(click for larger image but it's still pretty damn small)

I thought I was done with my guild decks...

DAMN YOU WIZARDS!

:(

Ok, so Red/Green werewolf deck-good idea or not? I'm hopefully gonna have a prototype up on Tapped out this weekend if I decide to make one, but it sounds like a cool idea to me.

Ok, so Red/Green werewolf deck-good idea or not? I'm hopefully gonna have a prototype up on Tapped out this weekend if I decide to make one, but it sounds like a cool idea to me.

Werewolf decks are really hit or miss. Unless you build them perfectly around the transform mechanic they're generally awful. Unless you plan on dropping a ton of cash on a set of huntmaster of the fells I would avoid werewolves. I have a werewolf deck myself that does well enough (with the aid of lucky draws) but aside from the sort of build I have you can't deviate too much without crippling the deck.

Gruul Werewolves

If you do decide to make one here are the absolute must have cards.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=262700&type=cardPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imagehttp://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=366325&type=card

Edit: A great alternative to werewolves is inistrad vampires. A few have the transform mechanic but you don't have to build around it to be effective. Plus any deck that lets you beef up vampire nighthawks is always a good bet.

Edited by Splosion

Werewolves isn't comp good, but with the cards Splosion suggested you can definitely make a very flavorful, fun and effective kitchen table deck Also flavor > raw power

Speaking of comp, I just tried out UWR Control on Cockatrice, one of if not THE most powerful deck in the format right now I feel like I'm maining meta knight in brawl but godDAMN does that deck feel good. You're just in control the entire game

i managed to get me a few 1998 cards at my high school by trading newer cards for older ones when i was in mid school um i also have a bunch of rlly old pokemon cards and yugioh cards and a jace the mindsculptor that i got from my first booster pack(that came with the deck)

Ok, here's the werewolf deck I was talking about, comments/suggestions? Can't really get too many more cards, especially not really expensive ones like Huntmaster of the Fells.

When going for any sort of themed deck (wereolves, vampires, etc) it's best to stick to that theme alone. So with that said I'd remove creatures that arent werewolves and replace them with a few mayor of avabruck. Aside from huntmaster it's one of the best creatures for a deck like this and not all that expensive. I think I got a set of 4 for about $6 when I put my wolf deck together. Also kruin outlaw combo so perfectly with alpha authority so cinsider getting at least one or two.

I'm really excited for the new expansion purely in the hopes that it will balance out some of the weaker guilds. Mainly hoping we get more Gruul that makes the core gruul theme playable but some more golgari / izzet flavor would be nice too. I'd really like to see some more balanced cipher cards as well since hands of binding is essentially all that's really worthwhile. Let's just hope anything boros in this expansion is underpowered garbage. Boros doesn't need any help. Also, MAGIC DoTP 2014 ANNOUNCED!!! Looks like there's going to be another 150 hours I can say goodbye to.

So I'm drafting with some friends...managed to get what seems like a decent enough Simic deck. We're dueling now with them, wish me luck! EDIT: So I went 2/2, it's not a bad deck at all. The evolve mechanic's pretty decent, I like it.

Edited by alexgndl

HELL YEAH! Looks like izzet's guild is about to get some much needed love from dragon's maze.

Posted ImagePosted Image

So excited for this set. They need to hurry up and release it already.

Posted Image