Splosion

Magic The Gathering (TCG)

holy shit

I'm actually not a huge fan of detain. If you look at my azorious deck you'll notice it's mostly "perma-detain" styled enchantments. Why take a creature out of the game for a single turn when you can do it permanently?

NUUUUUUUUUUUU DECK! It's fairly decent, it's more than capable of holding up against similar decks, and it absolutely obliterated my friend's mill deck, which is considered by my group of friends to be one of the best decks we have. So...yeah. Also-me and my friends are going to the Dragon's Maze pre-release event. Kinda having trouble deciding which guild to do...suggestions? I definitely don't want to do Simic, I've already got one of those (and to be honest, everyone in my group has one and I'm sick of Simic) Edited by alexgndl

Also-me and my friends are going to the Dragon's Maze pre-release event. Kinda having trouble deciding which guild to do...suggestions? I definitely don't want to do Simic, I've already got one of those (and to be honest, everyone in my group has one and I'm sick of Simic)

I ended up enjoying rakdos way more than I thought I would so if you like aggro, destruction and direct damage go with that. However Izzet looks like it's going to get very beefy with this expansion if you'd rather go for a control / burn theme.

Golgari champion revealed

probably the most playable champion so far

Saw this guy earlier today and I'm really excited to get rid of my dredge manglers for two of these. Also really nice to see boros reckoner and thragtusk finally have a reliable counter.

Posted Image

Ok, so I'm leaning towards either Golgari or Selesnya for the prerelease...not entirely sure though. EDIT: After going through my excess cards, I realized I have a crapload of white/green token cards, along with a few populate cards, too. Definitely going to need to do some online buying though...the bulk of my populate cards are Horncaller's Chants, and 8 mana for two tokens (as strong as they may be) is slight bullshit.

Edited by alexgndl

That's the thing, though. Boros has a ton of cheap attackers and/or battalion creatures.

And if you have a good start, you can theoretically have this guy out with a battalion by turn 4. An indestructible. Who can be 7/7. By turn 4. I can't think of another guild/type of deck that can do that. MAYBE Simic, if the MtG gods smile on you. Probably not though. Best thing I can think of is rushing a Primordial Hydra out, but that'd still take a few turns before he's up to par with that guy.

that's called wonderland play opening hand: 1x Gemstone Caverns + Flash + Protean Hulk + either Simian Spirit Guide or Elvish Spirit Guide 1. put Gemstone into play when game starts, exile one of the guides 2. Flash Protean Hulk, dies immediately 3. Search 4x Disciple of the Vault, 4x Shifting Wall and 4x Phyrexian Marauder 4. walls and marauders die instantly, doing 8x4=32 damage to each opponent there, you just won on turn zero.

that's called wonderland play.

The difference here is that all top boros decks are built with this kind of progression in mind and more often than not manage to pull it off one way or another. Every card for that guild is just ridiculously powerful.

the point is that Tajic doesn't do anything when he first comes out and needs two other creatures to be useful. Compared to Hellraiser and the Rakdos champion, other contestants for the 4-drop slot, he's just rather mediocre.

Blood Baron is pretty cool, pro White and Black plus lifelink o a 4/4 is very good and dodges a lot of removal. Viashino Firstblade isn't too bad for a common either

Nothing too exciting revealed today. 5 mono colored creature that give anything multicolored an attribute bonus (trample, flying, etc) and some fairly standard spells.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image