Splosion

Magic The Gathering (TCG)

I'm mildly concerned

​Not gonna lie, me too.  I'm not a huge fan of Battle for Zendikar, and returning to the two most popular planes back to back seems like they're relying too much on nostalgia here.

I'm silently hoping that they're just doing the first two with familiar areas because the two-block switch made them have to scramble to put together a story.

On the other hand I do enjoy Innistrad as a setting more then Zendikar so maybe it'll turn out better.

yeah I feel like Zendikar block 1 was honestly really boring from an overall design perspective the first time around and really rode high in sales and popularity because it had expensive bomb shit of some form or another in each of the sets

Innistrad has room to be cool tho I think.  Presumably they wanted to take a 1-block break from the eldrazi fight to deal with the chain veil thing.

Ludevic  as a legendary pls

also the Lady of Videns to get a commander with spider synergy

Edited by The Headless Mooseman

After careful thought, there's only one thing I want from the new Innistrad block. A legendary R/G werewolf.  That's it. I get that, and I will consider the block a success, and one of my favorite blocks ever.  All I want.

en_TcBOuvOgDK.png

I like this a LOT. I can see a ton of shenanigans happening with it.

Also really like this one, I've always enjoyed Living Weapon as a mechanic, it's just a shame almost all of the cards for it suck.  This one isn't too bad.

commandbeacon.jpg

I LOVE IT

​Haakon Haakon Haakon Haakon aaaaaa

​HOLY SHIT YOU'RE RIGHT

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHI wait how would you get it reliably

Ok so Sidisi as your commander to tutor up Haakon might be better but it doesn't have the flair of tutoring for land every time

q55h2TX.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA