Splosion

Magic The Gathering (TCG)

Apparently MTG Arena rigs hands.  Specifically, it draws two opening hands and keeps the one that has a land/nonland ratio closest to the land/nonland ratio of your deck.  People crunched things out and determined that the optimal number of lands is 22 or 26 because of this.

There's also speculation that the algorithm will give the worse of two hands if you are on a winning streak, but I haven't seen proof of this (not that I would put it past Wizards).

Of course what really pisses me off about this is that they added official MTG: Arena forums, but they didn't bring back the official MTG forums, nor did they allow you to comment on Gatherer again.

mtg arena is designed for casual players so that's no surprise. casual players are gonna lose to mana screw once or twice and then never play again, because they can just go play hearthstone where mana screw doesn't exist

On 10/4/2018 at 8:35 PM, Gyokuyoutama said:

Apparently MTG Arena rigs hands.  Specifically, it draws two opening hands and keeps the one that has a land/nonland ratio closest to the land/nonland ratio of your deck.  People crunched things out and determined that the optimal number of lands is 22 or 26 because of this.

There's also speculation that the algorithm will give the worse of two hands if you are on a winning streak, but I haven't seen proof of this (not that I would put it past Wizards).

Of course what really pisses me off about this is that they added official MTG: Arena forums, but they didn't bring back the official MTG forums, nor did they allow you to comment on Gatherer again.

And there goes all of my interest in ever playing, lol.

Arena is really super fucking good though, I got it together with the free 3 GRN packs and the free sealed event, and quickly after that bought the welcome pack which is super worth it

Arena even managed to do what I deemed impossible, namely getting me interested in standard again

Another day, another Masters set that nobody asked for. This time, with a MSRP of US $13.99 per pack! And if you buy a box (MSRP of US $335ish, although it'll 100% be higher) you get a single super rare masterpiece! How amazing!

Honestly though, fuck this set. Modern Masters 1 was honestly amazing, and it's just gone downhill ever since. I thought that MM17 was a step in the right direction, but obviously not.

Edited by alexgndl

It's also going to be the last masters set

Someone really has to explain wotcs extreme aversion to reprints to me because I dont get it from a business standpoint

16 hours ago, A 1970 Corvette said:

lol @ Lord of Extinction and Lavaclaw Reaches

That price point and there's already chaff being displayed on their super secret snek rare

The box art is also looking like it's going to be DIg Through Time. Man, I'm so happy for that reprint, it was getting really expensive at $1.50...I can't wait to open one of those as my rare. I mean, Lord of Extinction is technically passable for a mythic-it's about $12 right now, although that's definitely going to crash hard. At least it isn't Tree of Redemption.

Also inb4 Tree of Redemption (or Perdition, I could honestly see them doing either).

Edited by alexgndl

It's actually very easy to get a UMA box for 240 bucks now and I'm seriously considering it, that IS some fucking value right there

But on the other hand I could buy a switch with that money

8 hours ago, Razputin said:

It's actually very easy to get a UMA box for 240 bucks now and I'm seriously considering it, that IS some fucking value right there

But on the other hand I could buy a switch with that money

Switch is better value. Don't you want to play smash ultimate??!???!??!?

Edited by A 1970 Corvette

No, the real choice is to get Force of Will Boxes.

You can get at least 2.5 boxes for that.  But since you are getting a deal over suggested retail value on the magic cards, we should assume you're getting a deal on the force of will cards, in which case it's more like 4 boxes.

1 hour ago, Razputin said:

Why would I need that many anime tiddy coasters

Like Magic art is any good these days.

Get back to me when the Foglios illustrate new cards.

My friend is apparently (edit: 4-0) on his first Pro Tour draft. WOO TREVOR GO FOR THE TOP

3 hours ago, Gyokuyoutama said:

My brother

Edited by A 1970 Corvette

On 11/9/2018 at 10:57 AM, Gyokuyoutama said:

Like Magic art is any good these days.

Uhh...Seb McKinnon? Noah Bradley?  Just because Terese Nielsen doesn't do art anymore, it doesn't mean magic has shitty art now.

1 hour ago, alexgndl said:

Uhh...Seb McKinnon? Noah Bradley?  Just because Terese Nielsen doesn't do art anymore, it doesn't mean magic has shitty art now.

Shitty isn't the word I'd use.

Generic and spiritless, maybe.

Cant deny the influx of cookiecutter cgi mtg art nowadays, but I'd still be downright embarassed to publicly play FoW with its anime tiddy art

Good thing theres noone to play it with

Force of Will is basically Waifu, the Gathering.

Also, I put Nexus of Fate in my current deck for the lulz, because I have them.

1 hour ago, _Jaybee_ said:

Foglio art reminds me of the animated Hobbit movie.

lol what a weeb.

Playing a good standard for the first time since tarkir really made me realize how obnoxious modern can be. Together with yet another no changes banlist update it's probably making me take a break from modern. At least the new arclight phoenix decks look sweet