Splosion

Magic The Gathering (TCG)

6 minutes ago, alexgndl said:

I find it incredible that the last time we had a good Standard, Return to Ravnica had just rotated.  And now that Ravnica's back, standard is good again.  

Mirrodin/Kamigawa standard was shit.  Ravnica/Time Spiral standard was awesome.  Lorwyn/Alara standard was shit.

I think you may be on to something here.

I put together an Esper Teferi deck.

Went 3-1 with it last Friday.

I'm an asshole, lol. The last guy I stalled out to win was pounding the table everytime I blasted a hexproof creature with a Cast down, using a Detection tower, haha.

My UMA box (no i don't have a problem i can stop any time i want) was decent, highlights were a snappy, lotv and foil spoils of the vault. Topper was temporal manipulation. Gonna sell most of it and will break even

RIP Degenerate free casters.

Lavinia-Azorius-Renegade-Ravnica-Allegia

Didn't do all that well last week at FNM, but I did get to kill TWO Carnage Tyrants in one turn with a Detection Tower and two Cast Downs. That guy was NOT happy to see that, lol.

Edited by _Jaybee_

42 minutes ago, A 1970 Corvette said:

I never thought I'd say it but I like an azorius legend

Second time ever for me, first time was Ephara, back during Theros block.  But I liked most of the gods besides Pharika so she doesn't count much.

9 hours ago, A 1970 Corvette said:

I never thought I'd say it but I like an azorius legend

9 hours ago, alexgndl said:

Second time ever for me, first time was Ephara, back during Theros block.  But I liked most of the gods besides Pharika so she doesn't count much.

>not worshipping our lord and savior Gosta Dirk

filthy, uncultured swine

dsec9pgpk9521.png

Anguish  BBR

Instant

Destroy target artifact, creature or planeswalker.

I absolutely adore this card already. It takes Dreadbore and for an extra B, gives instant speed and a wider target range? Sold.

28 minutes ago, alexgndl said:

dsec9pgpk9521.png

Anguish  BBR

Instant

Destroy target artifact, creature or planeswalker.

I absolutely adore this card already. It takes Dreadbore and for an extra B, gives instant speed and a wider target range? Sold.

Red/Black gets their own Assassin's Trophy, wew lad. Wish Mortify was better...

They appear to continue the trend of making the RtRtR mechanics either really bland or rehashes of old ones. To be fair however newflashback and newscrey are very fun and newbloodlust and newmonstrous have potential

4 hours ago, Razputin said:

They appear to continue the trend of making the RtRtR mechanics either really bland or rehashes of old ones. To be fair however newflashback and newscrey are very fun and newbloodlust and newmonstrous have potential

I gotta say though, making Doomed Traveller its own mechanic and then tying it to Orzhov was a stroke of genius.

Is it though? It seems rather uninteresting to me, even if its obviously strong. It really is a mechanic that makes or breaks on its support: I first need to see what orzhov gets to do with all these 1/1s.

19 hours ago, Razputin said:

Is it though? It seems rather uninteresting to me, even if its obviously strong. It really is a mechanic that makes or breaks on its support: I first need to see what orzhov gets to do with all these 1/1s.

I agree, I do want to see more support cards.  But still, saccing things to get value is pretty much my favorite way of playing the game, so any mechanic that actively rewards that is pretty fine by my standards.

37 minutes ago, A 1970 Corvette said:

So nuRakdos doesn't work with Chance Encounter

booo

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

On the plus side, imp tribal! 

All jokes aside I'm still mad hyped for both Rakdos legendaries from this set. Rakdos and Judith are both super interesting, might make decks for both of them.

yjs1xsu8a9821.jpg

What the actual fuck is this. Why would they print this in the same colors as Freed from the Real and Intruder Alarm. 

Why.

It is absolutely insane how much good stuff Orzhov has gotten the past few days.  I'm going to have to make at least 3 or 4 cuts to my Ayli deck to fit everyone in.  Also I might have to change my Ayli deck into a new-Teysa deck.

Also this:

bycty5d11g921.png