Splosion

Magic The Gathering (TCG)

21 hours ago, alexgndl said:

tumblr_pl3a9hbvfu1s40s2j_400.jpg

It's so big and stupid.  I love it so much.  Instantly going into Xantcha.

I hope somebody drops this on me in standard just so that I can blast it with Mortify after I get my 5 2/2 zombies, lol.

So even though I post about it a lot, I haven't actually played Magic in like...a year.  A few of my friends and I got together today, so I brought some decks to test out.  And wow.  I made some good-ass decks.  I won a game with Slimefoot, even though I had been manascrewed the whole game and only had 4 mana to use.  Deathspore Thallid was just stupidly good, absolutely the MVP of that deck next to Slimey himself.  A friend of mine did really well with my Gishath dinosaur deck, which was nice to see.  And then in the next game, my friend sat down with my Varina zombies deck.  And good god.  

I've been working on this deck for about 4 years now-I had started assembling the cards for a zombie deck back during like Khans of Tarkir, when Sidisi, Brood Tyrant came out.  And then last year, when Varina came out, I swapped over to her.  Which turns out to have been the right move because she is like...ridiculously consistent.  My friend won on turn 5 or 6 with Approach of the Second Sun.  It was like halfway down his deck but he managed to dig that deep in the space of just a couple of turns.  It was super impressive.  Also kind of nice to see a deck that I'd spent a ton of time and money on do so well.  Kinda wish I'd been piloting it, but hey-it's my deck so I'm counting it as a win for me.

hi friends just noticed this thread exist anyways i play a lot of commander my favorite colors are simic

here are the decks I have:

• Kruphix, God of Horizons - Big ramp, big mana, big eldrazi. Just goodstuff, only combo is an incidental one from doubling cube + capsize.
  • Derevi, Empyreal Tactician - Value flicker-based deck capable of grinding with the best of them, main win-conditions (other than shear value and oppression through Opposition and flicking removal creatures) are Approach and Palinchron combos.
  • Slimefoot, the Stowaway - grindy graveyard-centric golgari value, can reliably tutor urborg coffers.
  • Inalla, Archmage Ritualist - wizard tribal combo deck, wins typically with one of the following: Wanderwine prophets, Dualcaster Mage + Ghostly Flicker, Ashnod's Altar + Bloodline Necromancer.
  • Nezahal, Primal Tide - voltron control deck, has a Sunder to make stalling for the kill easy.
  • Estrid the Masked - modified precon enchantress, definitely the worst of my decks

I keep wanting to build Najeela WUBRG goodstuff/split cards tribal.

Edited by DualJay

3 hours ago, DualJay said:

I keep wanting to build Najeela WUBRG goodstuff/split cards tribal.

You know rainbow goodstuff is a fun deck to play now and then, I recently proxied out a deck that was just "5 color cards I've always wanted to play" and it was a blast. 

My problem is that 99 cards isn't nearly enough for everything, so I'd have to rotate stuff out

Also >playing commander simic in 2019

26 minutes ago, DualJay said:

Can you imagine not understanding that simic or UGx is the ultimate color combination always and forever?

Green/blue players aren't even smart enough to realize that that combination of mana goes in the order GU not UG.

41 minutes ago, alexgndl said:

No, Dual's correct.  Color order goes WUBRG.  Also Dual-got a list for Slimefoot? This is my Slimefoot deck, would love to see how you built him.  I think he's my favorite commander in a really long time.

You list colors so that the number of colors in between them is the smallest, reading WUBRG left to right, cycling back to white once you get to green.

Look at literally any green and blue card or any red and white card.  Coatl is 1GU, not 1UG.  Lightning Helix is RW, not WR.

Green blue decks are generally referred to by the abbreviation UG because of UG madness, though that deck in and of itself made a mistake in its name. 

Really, colors go in order of importance. Since blue is the most important color in the game, it's always said first.

I can write up the slimefoot list in a bit, it's always getting a bit fiddled about and such. Main thing is Rune-Scarred Demon is a very, very powerful creature.

Edited by DualJay