Huff

Anime General Discussion

3:34 PM - Nitzan: Haha

3:35 PM - Nitzan: Subspuf needs an anime general

3:35 PM - Nitzan: So I can preach kawaii

SORRY BRO BUT I'M DOING IT FOR YOU.

So yeah, all that anime stuff goes here.

Nitz is currently making me watch Nichijou and Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! They're both pretty good and it's been a long time since I anime'd so woo.

95% of all anime is absolute shit. Here's a short list of what I've found watchable.

Trigun:

Space western-esque style show. Not very long and has a decent story.

Case Closed / Detective Conan:

If you've never seen this you haven't led a complete life. If the writers of this show ever were to become actual serial killers they would never be caught. Ever.

Dokuro Chan:

A young boy grows up to invent a machine that completely stops the aging process, inadvertently turning all humanity into a race of pedophiles by having women stop aging at around 12 so an angel from the future is sent back in time to murder the boy and bring him back to life whenever he tries to go to schoool or do homework so when he grows up he won't be intelligent enough to create the machine.

I'm not being clever. That is the actual plot.

Sym-Bionic Titan:

An american anime by Gendy Tartakovsky the genius behind Dexter's Lab and many other cartoons we knew and loved back in the 90's. Sym-Bionic Titan is stylized after things like power rangers and old godzilla movies with some hilarious voice acting from Brian Poseihn. Easily the best american anime I've ever seen and definitely worth giving a watch.

Anything by studio Gibli:

Basically the Disney of Japan without the antisemitism and evil empire. Tons of great movies have come out of this studio as well as a few TV shows and video games. I recommend watching Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle first if you've never seen a Gibli film.

Everything I've listed here can be watched free at this fabulous site here.

TO DO LIST

Everything besides season 1 of K-on

All of Cowboy Bebop

Ultimate Muscle (Blame Facade)

DONE LIST

Season 1 of k-on

Chuunibyou

Panty & stocking with Garterbelt

ALMOST done with Nichijou.

But yeah, anime is pretty good.

My four favorites:

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: Just an overall fantastic series.

One Piece: Classical romanticism and shonen at its best and wackiest.

Gurren Lagann: Uh... giant robots and drills and shit. I can't describe this one because the internet has already done so.

Madoka Magica: I never thought I'd say this about any series, but it's a magical girl anime that is legitimately amazing.

Cowboy Bebop. Gurren Lagann. Melancholy of Haruhi Suziyama. Panty and Stocking. Baccano! Samurai 7. Samurai Champloo. Afro Samurai. Fooly Cooly. I guess. Sailor Moon. Ouran Host Club. And a bit of Black Butler. Seriously guys go watch Baccano! on Netflix. It's great.

Edited by Buddhazilla

What about the japanese shows thread? Does this covers manga as well? There are a lot I watched or used to watch, I just love anime/manga. For anime: Saint Seiya Rurouni Kenshin (Known as Samurai X around here) Inuyasha Shurato Sakura Card Captors (every season + movie) Digimon 1, 2 and Tamers Pokemon until May leaves Medabots (before Metabee upgraded his body) Hamtaro Beyblade (only the first season) Yu-Gi-Oh (until they defeat Pegasus) Flint The Time of Detetive (Jesus Christ, this one is REALLY old and I bet few people saw it) Dragon Ball (From the original to GT) Monster Rancher Shinzo Sonic X Dragon Quest (Known as Fly around here) One Piece (Have to get back to this one) Naruto (Didnt watched after Itachi died) Panty & Stocking (Does this even counts as an anime) Lucky Star Black Lagoon Elfen Lied As for manga: One Piece Naruto Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAMUDAMUDAMUDAMDUAMUDAZAWARUDO! *strikes fabulous pose*) Hokuto No Ken (AAAAATATTATATATATATATATATA! Omae wa mou shindeiru! *head asplodes*) AIKI (Not to be confused with Agent Aika, which was the way I found this manga) Soul Eater Fairy Tail (Got somewhat pissed with this one, didnt got back to it) There are some anime/manga that I never got the name, like this futuristic anime with a guy that could swap places with a girl that lived inside his mind.

Doraemon (dont care what you say, watched it growing up) Keroro Gunsho naruto detective Conan bunch of 90's anime I dont bother to list/ dont know the translations/never got to anywhere outside Asia

I just discovered Carnival Phantasm. Recipe: Take a fictional universe composed of several visual novels from the same creator, all of which are grimdark as fuck. Then toss that out and focus on silly hijinks with the characters. ??? Laugh like a maniac. also fate/zero

Dunno if it is animu, but probably gonna watch. also Dragon Ball- all of them - long time ago Gurren Lagann - watching all over from time to time One Piece - watching when there is new episode.

Recent/ongoing viewing: Black Lagoon - Was good Kekkaishi - Good too. Blue Exorcist - Still watching it, but it's great so far. It's only been released up to episode 19 (of 25) right now but they're coming out weekly I think. Deadman Wonderlan - Good, but ended too early with no real hope of the second season being made due to low viewership. Sad faic. I second Angel Beats, it has ALL TEH FEELZ! Still watching One Piece as they release new episodes, with my little bro. I keep semi-current with the manga (or did, I haven't read in a while now I think of it).

Currently only watching One Piece. I'm at episode 568. I occasionally check out Naruto Shippuden Other then those 2, I haven't watched much animes, except for Ninchijou I might check out more animes later on. I'm interested in watching Fullmetal Alchemist. :)

I'm currently watching: K-On! Season 2, Nichijou, Cowboy Bebop and recently finished watching Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Lucky Star, Kanon and Clannad/Clannad After Story are on my backlog. Tamako Market and Hyōka seems decent as well. Yeah, I like Kyoto Animation.

Edited by Nitzan

Wow, that is some very impressive combat choreography

Well guy who made this is expert in this kind of stuff. He started with Haloid, then did some Final Fantasy stuff, and then Rooster Teeth guys hired him. Then he made some action stuff like this for their Red Vs Blue series. And now that RvB is done, they seem to be giving him free hand. Also, second trailer for RWBY is out since yesterday.