tam

Dreams

I had a dream that we had a fifth continent in PlanetSide that was a VR continent. It was square-shaped but had three main paths (I guess imagine the DOTA map?) with smaller satellite bases throughout, and some kind of events triggered the lattice lines and bases to reconstruct into different kinds of bases. Honestly, it looked like Geowarps from PS1 mixed with the Battle Islands. They were clearly designed to be used by two empires and not three. Air just kinda flew above the giant channels in the square ground, leaving them fairly separated.

What's more silly is that my dream invented memories of me playing on that continent previously and I had to take a few minutes after waking up to realize how impossible everything about it would be. My damn dreams seem to do this every time now.

Had a kick-ass fuckin radical dream last night. I flew to Australia and enlisted in the military. And of course because it's Australia there's giant bugs and shit.

During bootcamp I got in the bed on a pickup with some other dudes and we went down this kind of trenched backroad. On the right it was all woods, on the left a big field, which turned into woods eventually. So we're driving and then a fuckin big ass herd of these big ass bugs starts moving down the field going the opposite direction of us. They were called "great converse beetles" and looking like centipedes, except the segments were fatter and rounder, and only had an exoskeleton on the top, which was black, and their bellies were red, with white fur where their legs began. They kinda moved on the back half of their set of legs, with the front half of themselves held up off the ground, looking forward.

Oh and they were also 250 feet tall from belly to back and 150 feet long from head to tail. Apparently they were super aggressive if you got near them bu otherwise didn't care if you kept your distance.

So we're driving with these giant fuckin great converse beetles going opposite to the left of us, and then a herd of giant fuckin goats the size of the beetles come outta the woods at the far left of the field and start battering the beetles, so now the giant goats and the giant beetles are fighting and killing each other. Shit was awesome.

Eventually I left Australia cause I had a dentist appointment.

And to think my dream the night before was literally just me taking a shower and then playing SMB1 on the NES.

I had a dream that the gems from Houseki no Kuni somehow were transported to a 1930's New York, then all of them died (from their Inclusions starving, or something) except for Dia. Then Dia stayed around for about a hundred years playing with their gem-carcasses as if they were dolls before the warehouse they lived in was demolished, forcing her to try and escape back to the ocean where they came from.

There was a funny scene where someone with a diamond ring punched her and then she ended up absorbing it.

Edited by A 1970 Corvette

Mannnn, fuckin shitty bullshit dream last night. So I was making a pizza, right? Some dude knocks on my door. I vaguely recognize him as one of my brother's old school friends, though I don't think he actually was. Dude whips out a switchblade and starts shanking me, piece a shit. Had to force the shank from his hand and drive him outta the house with it, then I called 911 and woke up. Guess dream-911 is just going back to the real world where you're not shanked.

Didn't even get to eat the pizza...

I just had one where someone asked me to buy a bottle of water but I didn’t have enough money. So so someone opened a kickstarter for me to get a dollar to do so. Stretch goals involved Devolver developing and publishing a new Putt-Putt game by taking suggestions from 4chan if they got $1,000,000

I actually dreamed I was a 40 year old-looking German doctor. My mercenary days were over and I had retired, living in a nice house, going to the beach regularly. I look pretty good despite actually being about 80 thanks to my awesome technology that I'm now vaguely famous for. I don't have kids or anything but I am friendly with my neighbours and their two kids. One day, I get a call from Spy. He's visiting someone or other and wants to visit me. I'm taking the kids down to the beach, and Spy decides he wants to visit me then.

Spy looks amazingly well, despite the fact that I know he's not been using my technology and all that. The weather is weird, oddly cloudy and windy, even though it's August. But the wind picks up and I think there's an earthquake and lightning too. Everyone on the rather packed beach runs into a bunch of shelters. The kids go with a younger friend of my neighbours, while I help someone who's got all tangled up in something. I find myself in an old storage room full of old arcade amusement thingies. Spy is there too.

Suddenly Spy stabs me and I find I can't move. He says he wants to take my body. Because somehow my body is nicer than his body. Keeping in mind that I'm an 80 year old who looks like a 40 year old. He sticks something in my neck and I start seeing his memories. Over the last 4 years, he has been using natural disasters as a cover for stealing people's bodies, transferring his mind into a new body then leaving his old body in the wreckage.

I fight back, as best I can. A door breaks down and Heavy comes rampaging in, and Spy somehow makes me attack him. Turns out Heavy is aware of the shit Spy has been up to. Heavy breaks my arms then knocks Spy out, pausing his mind transfer thingy.

Heavy then carries me to what looks like an old part of the map Koth_King, and Engineer and Demoman are there. Demo is more robot than human and he and Heavy beat the shit out of Spy while Engy fixes me up. Before long, I'm fine (apart from the broken arm), but Spy disappears, never to be seen again.

Well... That was... weird... I was basically some weird angel of life/death. (Didn't have a set of wings though, so lamer than it sounds.) I was stood in the middle of a swirling white mist with a vision of how someone would die at the centre. I couldn't make out what it was until I was close, but it was a brain that was bleeding from the inside. Suddenly, I'm whooshed away in a split second with the entire world blurring momentarily from the speed of it and when the world stops once more I'm stood in front of the person I'm supposed to save. Slightly intimidating however when it's someone you personally know. I was never told this, but I just knew via the power of dream logic that the only way to save them was to get them to admit they had a serious health problem and to stop denying their own wellbeing. (You'd think I'd have some slightly more godly powers than "good advice".) Aw well... That part of the dream stopped after that.

The dream then teleported to some cafe/bar place that some friends were at and some guy was grinding my gears by belittling them constantly so I ended up beating the crap out of the guy and then running because I was scared the police would arrest me if they arrived. Time then flashed from day to night as I ran from a busy city square down an alleyway and arrived at a beach with the city dissolving behind me. The guy I fought was somehow waiting for me despite being left black and blue at the bar. He magically pulled a pistol out of mallet space and so did I. We fired a couple of shots and he dropped dead. Seemingly whatever angelic/demonic thing I was from the first part of the dream ran over into the second one, because I realised I'd been shot in the chest but hadn't felt a thing. It was slightly amusing to realise I essentially had godmode enabled though. Looking down at your chest and seeing a fountain of blood pouring out without a hint of pain is quite a weird sensation. It made a nice change from my usual dreams where the pain is very real because my brain likes torturing me.

Then I woke up with a puzzled expression and just said "...Huh."

Edited by Silver Wolf

Man I hate whenever I have a dream where I'm driving. My brakes always seem to only get rid of like 2 Miles per Hour for every second I hold it down so I'm always bashing into other cars and having to do evasive maneuvers when coming close to intersections. Always scary and it sucks.

2 hours ago, hugthebed2 said:

Man I hate whenever I have a dream where I'm driving. My brakes always seem to only get rid of like 2 Miles per Hour for every second I hold it down so I'm always bashing into other cars and having to do evasive maneuvers when coming close to intersections. Always scary and it sucks.

I also get this a lot.  Looking around online, having the brakes fail on your car seems to be a pretty common dream, much like falling, going to work/school naked, etc.