Arm the Homeless

Locked and Loaded: In Which Where We Post About Firearms

Since of the popularity of my status post (?) about my recent first try at shooting guns, I've decided to make a thread about it. I'm not too sure if this should belong in the Saloon or not. I'll let that decide to you guys, but discuss about firearms here.

I guess I'll start the conversation by stating my first impression: It's really fucking scary to be firing those for your first time. All I did was fire a simple civilian pistol and then an automatic rifle and it's really scary for a first time.

People always just assumed that guns would be like "Pew Pew" rather than a large BANG at the palm of your hands.

EDIT: This board is officially a weapons board that isn't only restricted to firearms. Feel free to post your knives, bows, swords, whatever

Dr. Evil Brain, unintentionally making a case against video games as murder simulators. Back on topic, I've surprisingly never used a gun. I've lived in the deep South all my life and never once have I had the chance to go hunting.

I wish I still had a gun. I always found them very catahrtic to shoot when I was younger. Up until I was 11 or so I had a .22 rifle and a 12 guage shotgun my dad gave me, and I'd set up targets (really just milk cartons filled with water or dirt) and shoot them when I wad allowed to. Or squirrels, if I didn't have any targets.

Shot my dad's .30-06 when I was like 8.

Knocked me over and thumped a bigass knot on my head, but it was fun seeing that over half of the carton was GONE.

Wait what.

I agree that games can cause aggression, but murder is a completely different league.

But that's a topic for another day

I apologize for that unrelated outburst. Your story reminded me of the video games episode of Bullshit.

I shot BB guns back in the day but that was it.

How to Start a Heated Debate 101

janitor plz we are mature spufers here.

cm.dr = janitor

Edited by DualJay

Target shooting is good fun, the only problem is most ammo is pretty expensive, especially the higher up in size you go

Also you can't just shoot (unless you live in the country I guess) whenever you want. I have found bows to be a nice alternative to guns when you can't drive out to an unpopulated area.

Bows are fun but they don't have the same feeling as guns. The smell of gunpowder and the feel of the vibrations shooting through your chest are good things.

True, true. but hearing the THWACK of an arrow hitting a target is the closest thing I can get to that in the confines of this city.

I'm glad it's starting to cool down in Vegas, I might take my bow out a lot more now.

I never did but kind of want to because I wonder how hard the knockback is for a simple handgun

More than you'd probably expect. Handguns have a surprising kick to them since unlike a weapon with a stock you can't brace it as effectively.

Not "OMG I almost dropped it!" heavy (though it may be the case for higher caliber pistols, my experience is with a simple 9 mm), but enough to jog your hand and bruise your palms if you fire enough in a short period of time (assuming you're not used to it).