Sign in to follow this  
Gold Standard

The Walking Dead

Terrible show.It's more than the fact it took a shit on the source material. It's the fact that at the end of the day, it's just another generic American drama, but with zombies. The same shit that gets pumped out time and time again to keep the lowest common denominator happy, BUT WITH ZAWMBIES!!!One can dream of a good zombie show some day.

Season 4 finale in shellnut

[spoiler2]

Rick & gang are reunited (minus Beth), but are seemingly prisoners on the safe haven of Terminus. Will it become the next Woodbury, or something different?[/spoiler2]

Pretty excited for next season.

The midseason finale was bullshit. It's not that I'm "emotionally devastated" or anything like that, it was just terribly written and a limp conclusion to a storyline that ultimately feels like a waste of time, in retrospect. The whole episode was pretty much wall to wall terrible.

As far as the ending goes, cheap shots can be (and have been) effective, but this one pretty much just made me shrug and go "Whelp, fuck you too, Walking Dead writers". It was just so lazy.

The midseason finale was bullshit. It's not that I'm "emotionally devastated" or anything like that, it was just terribly written and a limp conclusion to a storyline that ultimately feels like a waste of time, in retrospect. The whole episode was pretty much wall to wall terrible.

As far as the ending goes, cheap shots can be (and have been) effective, but this one pretty much just made me shrug and go "Whelp, fuck you too, Walking Dead writers". It was just so lazy.

I thought the episode as a whole was as decent as it could be since it primarily involved the hospital people, who I could not possibly give less of a fuck about and hope never show up again.

If it hadn't been for Beth going full retard at the end, it would have been perfectly average IMO.

I just had so many issues with it.

• Cop guy running off just seemed really arbitrary. They needed something to go wrong so they threw that curveball in there, and so they could shoehorn in that whole "You could have stopped" scene in. IIRC that was actually a comic book moment, which in that case they wasted on a lame scene and a character no one cared about.
  • Maggie gets brought back to see her sister dead so they can have their whole tragic irony moment which strikes me as very cheap considering Maggie has barely mentioned Beth (if at all?) for this entire season. The writers remind us Maggie gives a shit about her family for one episode and then immediately kill her sister to emotionally manipulate the viewers.
  • Beth stabbing Dawn was incredibly stupid. I understand why it happened but that doesn't make it any less stupid. It would have been better if that whole "someone has to step up to kill Dawn" storyline had been fleshed out well, but it wasn't. The hospital climax was anything but, and it made every previous episode feel like a halfhearted attempt to fill time. Weak, weak story arc.
  • All the character development Beth finally got was just thrown out the window for the sake of shock value, which sucks. I bet you Maggie cries about Beth a couple of times and forgets about her, because her death and everything that happened to her is probably going to be ultimately irrelevant to the overall story.
  • The episode wasted too much time on Gabriel somehow being so useless he lost the entire church. Why?