Doopliss2008

TIAM: General Gaming edition

So I recently found a website called itch.io that sells fuckton of indie games. Even taking in mind that 90% not really worth the time, that's still plently of good ones. Here's a few that cought my eye. Sales Pitch is a short, and by short I mean very short point and click, but it has undeniable charm, and hey, for 0 $ you might as well spend 5 minutes with it. And from the same studio there's VA-11 Hall-A. I posted it's trailer some time ago in this bread and completely forgot about it. Certainly on my buy list. The demo/prototype is available for free, so you can go ahead and try that one too. And lastly there is Doki Doki Meme Club but everyone and their mother already heard about that one.

On 4-1-2018 at 4:50 PM, Gyokuyoutama said:

From what I can tell second life was dominated by furries and VRchat is dominated by weebs.  For completeness, gmod (online) is dominated by 8 year olds.

So there you go.

As an eight year old nine tailed kitsune this offends me

1 hour ago, Kraszu said:

So I recently found a website called itch.io that sells fuckton of indie games. Even taking in mind that 90% not really worth the time, that's still plently of good ones. Here's a few that cought my eye. Sales Pitch is a short, and by short I mean very short point and click, but it has undeniable charm, and hey, for 0 $ you might as well spend 5 minutes with it. And from the same studio there's VA-11 Hall-A. I posted it's trailer some time ago in this bread and completely forgot about it. Certainly on my buy list. The demo/prototype is available for free, so you can go ahead and try that one too. And lastly there is Doki Doki Meme Club but everyone and their mother already heard about that one.

Also G A M E J A M S

Fuck you Gara you fucking stupid bitch of a Warframe with your fucking retarded chance to actually get fucking parts so I can fucking build you already. Your fucking parts are supposed to be fucking uncommon but I've gotten more fucking rare rewards than I've gotten Gara parts. I've been doing low level bounties since the Plain of fucking Eidolon came out and I have exactly zero of your fucking parts. Should have fucking bought you with platinum and gotten the fucking shotgun riven, at least that would have been guaranteed to be good, even if it did turn out to be another fucking Phage riven.

And fuck you too, Hydroid. 30 fucking runs against Vay Fucking Hek and I STILL don't have your fucking Neuroptics.

5 hours ago, Kraszu said:

Cold mold on a slate plate.

3 hours ago, FreshHalibut said:

I can't Believe TWEWY isn't dead and it's getting a Switch Release with NEW CONTENT

7 MORE DAYS AFTER 5 GODDAMN YEARS

Full breakdown from what I could tell:

Edited by Wing Lee

1 minute ago, Wing Lee said:

7 MORE DAYS AFTER 5 GODDAMN YEARS

Full breakdown from what I could tell:

At least you don't have to wait 25 years, like we do for Deadly Premonition 2.

Incase you didn't hear last month, this happened: 

Allow me to explain the significance of this if you don't understand. In 2002, Bryan Bosshardt, one of the OG gods of Goldeneye speedrunning, set 53 seconds as the world record for the first level of the game, Dam. Before this video happened, over 100 people had matched his world record, over the course of 15 years. It was no small feat, but became the "beginner" WR to aim for. 0:53 was the record for 15 years. People ran the level, no doubt thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of times, maybe even a million times, for 15 years, and could not get any lower than 53 seconds.

Eventually it became known that a 52 was theoretically possible through TAS, but because it was TAS, it was virtually impossible that a man could actually do it. But Karl Jobst is no man. He is a god.

In the above run, Karl Jobst, after 250 hours of playing Dam, has the fucking planets align under a blue moon on a white Christmas in July. So many things went right in this run. A boost is when a guard propels you forward by shooting you. On Dam, getting 1 boost is semi-rare. Getting 2 is rare. Getting 3 boosts is fucking mega-rare. Karl only had 3 runs throughout the entire 250 hours where he had 3 boosts. And in one of those 3 boost runs, the big metal gate, which still nobody knows what affects the speed of it opening, opened fast (the fastest gate that he had ever seen, he said), AND he got a perfect shot on the lock, which is often where people choke runs, AND the alarm went off late (after he shot the lock) which prevents soldiers from coming out and causing lag. All these things lining up ONCE in the course of 250 hours, combined with the razor-thin perfection of his strafing, finally got a time which was just BARELY a 52. Like if he were as little as 2 or 3 frames slower, it would have been a 53 instead, and Karl would've been in for another 250 hours of Dam. Karl basically human-TAS'd Dam in what was literally the perfect run, after 15 years of culminated attempts from the entire Goldeneye speedrunning community.

I absolutely do not think that anybody is ever going to get a Dam 52 anytime soon again. The chance of all the RNG lining up so perfectly combined with having perfect movement is so unbelievably fucking minuscule, I think it's going to be many years until a Dam run this perfect happens again to the right player. 15 years. 250 hours on a 53 second level. 1 Dam 52.

Edited by TheOnlyGuyEver

6 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Agent is 0:22, Secret Agent is 0:58, 00 Agent is 1:05. I think you were referring to Frigate SA.

Probably yeah. I've heard Frigate is super random due the hostages escape route, I saw a video of some guy doing it in 1:00, but he missed the bomb defusal kit and didnt complete all objectives.

1 minute ago, Moby said:

Probably yeah. I've heard Frigate is super random due the hostages escape route, I saw a video of some guy doing it in 1:00, but he missed the bomb defusal kit and didnt complete all objectives.

Ooph, I know the exact one you're talking about. David Celmins' infamous "the worst fail in elite history". If he hadn't forgotten the bomb defusal he would've been the first person to get 1:00 Frigate SA at the time, if I recall.

And yeah, the hostages can go to 1 of 7 despawn points, so no matter how fast you yourself actually go, you're still relying on the hostages completing in time. The best possible time is each hostage (there are 4) picking their best possible despawn point to run to, and then not getting stuck on any objects or guards on the way there.