Doopliss2008

TIAM: General Gaming edition

HL3 will never live to the hype. They are better just saying that they wont work on a sequel and be done with it.

But it was confirmed in 2007. Obviously it won't be abandoned like that 8 other projects Valve has abandoned before!

I completed Dishonored's main story last weekend. Went for an almost completionist run the first time through.

I suspect that you aren't supposed to spend 24 hours on your first run. Granted, I took a fair bit of dicking around during that.

It was very fun though, so now onward to The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches. Going to get as much as possible on the first run again. Woohoo.

Also, I got a bit carried away with writing a review for Red Orchesta 2 / Rising Storm.

You can read the essay here.   Sorry if it cluttered anyone's activity list, though.

Nooooooo

Don't pull a SimCity on that, please

Why would you rape a franchise like that, intentionally dropping what the games were for a piece of social media spamming crap

well, money, yeah, but that was a rhetorical question

agh the yellow

So I got back into Yugioh with the Yugi reloaded deck.

Kuriboh's eyes are pacmans with inverted colors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=101UmJOXxAE

Why stuff like this is Japan and PS3 only

Ha.

I think Half-Life 3 will go down os the most delayed game in history. This is of course assuming Valve hasn't outright abandoned it of course.

-yourwaifusasnip-

Ha.

I think Half-Life 3 will go down as the most delayed game in history. This is of course assuming Valve hasn't outright abandoned it of course.

Half-Life 3 is never happening, and Marc Laidlaw goes to work everyday to sit into the abandonned Half-Life section of Valve just to sob over  the script he wrote eight years ago, which will never see the light of day because they have hit a market for hat fetishists and MOBA players.

Jordax you should turn off Linkin Park and take a short walk around the block to clear your mind before your next post

I am just not an optimistic fellow when it comes to Valve speculation, that is all.

[spoiler2]Also Linkin Park sucks,

[spoiler2]I actually like Dragonforce, is that a good or bad thing? [/spoiler2][/spoiler2]

Only if you say you like them ironically

Which is the same thing but more hipster

I fully acknowledge that my taste in pretty much everything is absolutely rubbish.

Half-Life 3 is never happening, and Marc Laidlaw goes to work everyday to sit into the abandonned Half-Life section of Valve just to sob over  the script he wrote eight years ago, which will never see the light of day because they have hit a market for hat fetishists and MOBA players.

It really wont happen for a few decades or so, I would say. Right now Valve is focused on Eeeeeeeee-sports (and getting money out of it) and somewhat on the Steam OS.

They already noticied that TF2 doesnt needs attention, even if they dont add anything for a year and just slap a hundred community-made hats, they will still get money from all the keys.

I wouldnt be surprised if CSGO goes F2P and they get all the money with case keys and map packs.

It really wont happen for a few decades or so, I would say. Right now Valve is focused on Eeeeeeeee-sports (and getting money out of it) and somewhat on the Steam OS.

They already noticied that TF2 doesnt needs attention, even if they dont add anything for a year and just slap a hundred community-made hats, they will still get money from all the keys.

I wouldnt be surprised if CSGO goes F2P and they get all the money with case keys and map packs.

Which would even attract more hackers to the game, and as we have seen with TF2, Valve isn't able to intercept them fast enough. Cannot wait to be up against a spinning around, speedhacking, aimbotting and shitty hack advertising spamming AWP'er in matchmaking.

Yes, I do know that VAC does its job, but Valve never held its word on intercepting alts of known cheaters.

Which would even attract more hackers to the game, and as we have seen with TF2, Valve isn't able to intercept them fast enough. Cannot wait to be up against a spinning around, speedhacking, aimbotting and shitty hack advertising spamming AWP'er in matchmaking.

Yes, I do know that VAC does its job, but Valve never held its word on intercepting alts of known cheaters.

Everytime there is a VAC ban wave, Valve puts CSGO on sale. Cheaters can spend like $3 on a single account, or stock up on copies until the next ban wave. Since Valve is getting money, I dont think they will go after the alts.

I already knew that they would never do something about hacking after TF2 went f2p. I mean, really, they could barely stop cheaters when the game was paid and then they just go 'Dont worry guys, we got this (Nah fuck that)' and leave it be.

At least its not as bad as Payday 2, where cheating is as easy as getting a LUA Hook, writing a few commands and you can build your own cheat engine. Totally undetectable since the game has no sort of anti-cheating (unless someone records you doing it), you can do anything from a simple godmode and killing everyone in the map to killing your teammaters and reseting everyone's cash and level to 0.

At this point, if Valve ever releases HL3, ever, it will undoubtedly be met with dissapointment.

It could be the very best game to ever exist, but Valve fans will be expecting more and more.