Doopliss2008

TIAM: General Gaming edition

Join TF2 casual.  Some sniper is repeatedly shooting a wall. The only guy using mic initiates votekick on sniper. Vote fails. Guy proceeds to bitch about this. Votekick initiated on the guy who initiated the first vote kick (reason: "idle"). Vote succeeds.

Nice to see that TF2 hasn't changed after all these years.

Apparently the Culling devs made a meme filled stream, removed Culling 2 from Steam, will refund everyone and then release Day 1 Culling 1 for free, this time paying attention to the community.

Something good came out of this, I guess?

11 hours ago, Doopliss2008 said:

Is anyone is up for a runthrough BL2 with me? I have it modded enough that if you a game I host, it will not be like the borderlands you know.

Modded how so? I'm curious.

hollow knight is a god damn masterpiece and does everything right in the metroidvania front. it's been so long since I've wanted to 100% a game that badly, and the atmosphere of each unique zone made backtracking through them an absolute joy. shoutout to the transition from the dingy crossroads to greenpath for being my Gamer Moment of the year. this song just slowly creeping in as you progress:

I didn't really have any trouble with anything apart from the final boss of the grimm dlc, but that was probably because I finished the main game at like 70% completion, having a high amount of health an upgraded gear just from exploring. Path of Pain was a bitch too.

Hollow Knight turned into one of my favorite games from the start. I actually missed Path of Pain, might have to try that later.

Nightmare Grimm can suck a fat dung beetle though.

Best game I've played in recency is Subnautica. Bought it years ago on early access and beat it soon after it went full release earlier this year.

So many early access games stay stuck in development Hell forever and then end up hardly delivering on any promises at all; Subnautica is not one of those games.

I'll probably make a shortcut with this later today. Supposedly it reverts it, but for how long?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -nochatui -nofriendsui

Edited by hugthebed2

My steam hasn't updated yet and it's bugging me to update it. I think I'm gonna hold off based on what I'm seeing here. :smile:

Finally got around to finishing ME Andromeda. The ending was surprisingly intense, if a little... grandiose. But, if ME3 had ended similarly, with a similar boss fight, it'd have been amazing.

Final verdict? MEA was okay. Honestly, the main problem I had with MEA was that when I played, it made me want to play a better Mass Effect game. The combat was solid (if easy), the story was... well, it had a story, and I quite like exploration sims so I didn't mind that aspect. I just didn't connect with the game as a whole as well as I did with the other 3 (2 especially, though 1 gets credit for the lore and worldbuilding). Also, no quarian waifu so 0/10 into the bin it goes.

My current favorite theory about the game, though, is that its over-the-top-ness and same-but-different feel makes it seem like Mass Effect Andromeda isn't a canonical continuation of the series as an offshoot but instead an in-universe fiction, presented in form of video game or tv series or whatnot. It doesn't perfectly fit, especially with certain references, but it does present a more believable approach than the current "this is what happens to the universe 600 years later."

Edited by ToasterToastin'
Guess I was on an old version of the page and didn't see current convo. Now I'm relevant!

Started playing Trails of Cold Steel.

I can't believe how many times I've pressed the jump button from Neptunia only for nothing to happen.

I wouldn't mind some of the new Steam Chat/Friends features (uploading images, invisible mode, group chats being saved, chats in general being saved rather than gone forever) but the UI sucks, it's all too big and shiny, like it was designed for people with difficulties seeing but they accidentally made everything that weird blue colour.

I should have gotten into graphic design. I could've latched myself to some big web/tech company like a leech, and kept myself relevant by making arbitrary changes to the website/UI every few months.

9 hours ago, Medic said:

I wouldn't mind some of the new Steam Chat/Friends features (uploading images, invisible mode, group chats being saved, chats in general being saved rather than gone forever) but the UI sucks, it's all too big and shiny, like it was designed for people with difficulties seeing but they accidentally made everything that weird blue colour.

this. i really do like the new features but the UI for the chat is annoying