Doopliss2008

TIAM: General Gaming edition

That is false, at least the encryption bit: https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/9up1g6/fallout_76_uses_tls_to_encrypt_data/

I get F76 has problems, but now people are straight up lying. If you want, I'll report back here on release after doing a quick run with Wireshark.

It's worth noting, this isn't BGS going in blind doing networking for the first time in their lives. They specifically hired people from id software who have done this for a living.

Edited by Expresate

On 11/6/2018 at 10:03 AM, Spectre said:

As someone who witnessed EA do the exact same bullsh*t to my all time favorite franchise (Command and Conquer).

I'm still pissed about this.
I'd accepted that the franchise was dead and had moved on, but then EA decided to pull off their shitty brand of necromancy and created an abomination that's not even Command and Conquer anymore. "New C&C game!" "Oh, wow, really? After they canceled what was supposed to be Generals 2? Wonder what thi--" "It's a mobile game!" "Literally nobody fucking asked for this. Give us Red Alert 4, Generals 2, retcon Tiberian Twilight for fuck's sake, just not this." "Here's some gameplay!" "This isn't even C&C anymore what the hell did you do"

Boot up computer.

Heroes 4 starts updating.

The hell?

"Added Polish version of game."

Honestly I'm surprised for multiple reasons that there already wasn't one.

I'm such an idiot. If I hadn't spent an extra 2k standing on gem blueprints, I'd be building Garuda by this evening.

Big Haul of Visual Novels on GoG.  And this time it's (mostly) not yuri stuff.

Also Ys and Legend of Heroes on sale.

So far the most enjoyable feature of Umineko has been rapidly switching between the original and redrawn art.

Fallout Seventy-Shit seems like it could be a really good game if they didn't make completely retarded decisions like removing human NPCs (oh boy can't wait to see if Mrs. Jones is dead or a robot) and making PvP worthless. What a shame.

The fallout of Fallout 76 (pun intended) and Artifact subreddits were quite entertaining to watch.

Found a nice summary of both discussions: F76 and Artifact

The whole shitstorm made me find out that Bethesda's engine was originally purposed for multiplayer games, then refurbished for singleplayer and then poorly modded for multiplayer on Fallout 76.

As if the F76 gameplay wasn't bad enough, end game content is...

Spoiler

basically Skyrim's dragons with a different model/skin.

End game progression goes like this:

Edited by Spectre

1 hour ago, Kraszu said:

Did it flop? It can't be as bad as F 76 meltdown that is still going on.

It hasn't really flopped. The release is in a week, so they technically still have time to fix it. But, it came out that the $20 price tag isn't intended as an upfront cost to cut down on microtransactions. The microtransactions in Artifact are actually even more brutal than the likes of Hearthstone, ESL, etc.

It's not entirely accurate to compare it to F76. F76 is just a bad game. Artifact appears to be a great game, but if Valve doesn't make significant changes, it'll be held back by its business model. (or everyone will play it anyway and validate Valve's bad behavior.)

Everyone will definitely play Artifact and validate Valve's bad behavior anyway.

The retarded thing is that Elder Scrolls Online multiplayer doesn't seem to be nearly as bad as Fallout 76 multiplayer. It's clear they can do some sort of multiplayer thing so why are they fucking it up so much?

On 11/21/2018 at 11:02 AM, LadyBernkastel said:

Because a different studio developed ESO and Bethesda is incompetent.

It's still basically the same studio though. Zenimax owns Bethesda.

9 hours ago, Medic said:

The difference between Zenimax working on the game and Bethesda working on the game I’d say is rather significant. Given their reputation, Bethesda likely has a lot of creative freedom. The way that Bethesday and Zenimax would develop similar games may be entirely different. This is just conjecture, of course.

17 hours ago, Medic said:

Zenimax Online is the studio that developed ESO. Zenimax is the big conglomerate parent company that owns Zenimax Online, Bethesda Softworks (the producer) and Bethesda Game Studios among others. For example, Todd is the Creative Director for Bethesda Game Studios. He does not work for Zenimax Online or Bethesda Softworks and only tangentially works for Zenimax in that they own the company.

Edited by Expresate

6 minutes ago, Moby said:

I guess that guy hit a nerve from Nintendo's lawyers, because his entire account is gone.

Yeah, he said on Twitter a few days ago that he was basically a dead man walking in terms of his channel. Looks like BrawlBRSTM won.