Doopliss2008

TIAM: General Gaming edition

On 11/27/2018 at 1:54 AM, Expresate said:

I just want to leave this here:

ltclWPH9Cduvl7DQyGvrdmRoX_Wpk7doykMDEwr3

The healthy way to treat everything on the internet is as something that might accidentally be nice but will inevitably be ruined in the long run.

Valve used to be one of the most innovative companies, but now they just get sloppy seconds on every new fad.

1 hour ago, Doopliss2008 said:

PSYCHONAUTS 2 HYPE

NOW ALSO PSYCHONAUTS 2 HYPE

TOO MUCH HYPE

NEW OBSIDIAN GAME LOOKS GOOD AHHHHH

*ded*

Edited by Expresate

5 hours ago, Gyokuyoutama said:

Valve used to be one of the most innovative companies, but now they just get sloppy seconds on every new fad.

At least Hi-rez is pretty on-top of fads but Valve takes their sweet-ass time.

Speaking of chasing after fads, Overkill's The Walking Dead came out (along with its first DLC two weeks later) and it doesn't seem to be doing well since their parent company Starbreeze filed for Swedish Chapter 11 a few days ago. And then had their offices raided because of insider trading. I still can't believe they wasted away the money printer that was Payday 2, but they certainly tried to replicate it since they made the same damn game 3 times (Payday 2, Raid: World War II, and TWD).

3 hours ago, Doopliss2008 said:

PSYCHONAUTS 2 HYPE

They're publishing that too, if they stick around long enough.

5 hours ago, LadyBernkastel said:

Watching the CS:GO community flip their shit over going F2P is so so nostalgic.

when can we get sad reacts on this forum

6 hours ago, LadyBernkastel said:

Watching the CS:GO community flip their shit over going F2P is so so nostalgic.

Just like old times.

Inb4 mercenary badges.

Unless you bought the game in the last year I don't see how so many people can be upset about the free to play thing. Trust replaced prime ages ago, and new players is usually a pretty good thing. The "battle royale" gamemode is actually pretty okay, it reminds me of minigame servers on CS:S. People just got triggered over "Valve making a BATTLE ROYALE???" and then discounting the entire mode in their first match without treating it as just another gamemode like Demolition or Arms Race.

Yeah, the source engine IS holding back the mode, but 18 players is actually pretty okay and as long as you're aggressive it isn't "a boring slog" (except for maybe the first few minutes if you're in a remote location). A shame allchat only works if you talk via the console.

Man, the new AI/CPU in smashU is much better than before, I used to roll them in smash4, but they bodied me this time around.

also if you are having trouble with items ruining your fight with a incoming opponent, turning off items in rules then fighting them seem to help

4 hours ago, Doopliss2008 said:

Man, the new AI/CPU in smashU is much better than before, I used to roll them in smash4, but they bodied me this time around.

also if you are having trouble with items ruining your fight with a incoming opponent, turning off items in rules then fighting them seem to help

The CPUs were made with the help of top Japanese players such as Amsa. That's why they know actual combos and tech.

Really, Battle Royale games are easy to make compared to other games. Get a chunk of land, throw random items all over it, add a way for players to teleport in, create a reason for areas to become instant death zones, add a stupid banner when there's only one person left and pray that whoever did the net code is good at their job.

The Danger Zone doesn't look too bad from what I've seen, but I can't help but think of this every time I read about it.