Doopliss2008

TIAM: General Gaming edition

I always thought Smash was the fighting game you put on when you had some friends coming over but you don't know them super well so you put on a good game that nobody can complain about (along with cheese pizzas from Little Caesar's and Pepsi) but now my view has been demolished since you guys are talking about fuckin' Oblivion with Mario or something.

Did a little experimenting. It seems like using the ethernet adapter does help to reduce input lag a little, but it's not enough for me to be sure that it wasn't just a placebo effect. However, I still had several moments where the game stuttered or froze for a few seconds. I think that no matter how stable your connection is, your experience will still depend on the other player(s).

I appreciate all the little nods and references in Spirits/World of Light, but probably 80% of those fights are "Throw bullshit at the player until they die"
The other 20% are "Cpu does something useless that references the original game" Like Villager exclusively flying around on balloons.

Part of me is like "Of Course you have to Fight 8 Megamans for Dr. Wily's Spirit!" the other half is like "The Dr. Wily fight suuuuuucks!"

Online Smash Bros. has been a rather unpleasant experience for me. Being a bad player who likes to blame losses on my character choices, I seem to be trapped in low-ladder Hell where everybody plays K. Rool and Inkling, spamming their mighty burial attacks! Or they pick the Belmonts and spam projectiles. Maybe I just need to git gud.

Ever since the recent online update, I've been paired up with people with significantly higher GSP than me. Any time I'm paired up with someone relatively around the same GSP, I win without losing a stock, but any progress I make is negated the very next game when I get paired with someone way higher on the ladder than me. I'm convinced there isn't any MMR in Smash.

Also I have over 1 mil GSP with Ganondorf despite playing one FFA match with him, one that I lost. I don't understand how GSP actually works.

22 minutes ago, LadyBernkastel said:

Ever since the recent online update, I've been paired up with people with significantly higher GSP than me. Any time I'm paired up with someone relatively around the same GSP, I win without losing a stock, but any progress I make is negated the very next game when I get paired with someone way higher on the ladder than me. I'm convinced there isn't any MMR in Smash.

Also I have over 1 mil GSP with Ganondorf despite playing one FFA match with him, one that I lost. I don't understand how GSP actually works.

I'm pretty sure everyone starts with over 1 million GSP.

Edited by LordAIDS Monkey

right now, due to a bug (probably), olimar absolutely wrecks everything when pared with a spirit with a high attack rating( and weapon attack+ spirits), my best so far is ~135 damage from a single F-air on that poor sandbag.

high level computers basically read your inputs, so they can dodge/parry everything perfectly, one way to cheese them is to fiddle with the damage/handicap settings, if you are trying for the achievements. .

I didnt think valve would be able to pull it off but they seem to actually be managing to make artifact crash and burn. Started out with being a giant wealthy company using IPs from their massively popular franchise to use in a game design format that historically prints money and all I hear is bad publicity about absurd moneygrabbing schemes and bizarre balance patches

All I heard about Artifact was about money grabbing.

- Cant refund if you open the tutorial packs

- No ingame currency, new cards and packs are money only

- Some card is overpowered? Increase rarity instead of balancing it

I actually find it pretty funny that both Valve, Activision Blizzard and Bethesda managed to screw up on these last months.

I guess ol' Gabe is getting a lil senile.

On 12/19/2018 at 10:17 AM, FreshHalibut said:

I appreciate all the little nods and references in Spirits/World of Light, but probably 80% of those fights are "Throw bullshit at the player until they die"
The other 20% are "Cpu does something useless that references the original game" Like Villager exclusively flying around on balloons.

Part of me is like "Of Course you have to Fight 8 Megamans for Dr. Wily's Spirit!" the other half is like "The Dr. Wily fight suuuuuucks!"

Wily is bullshit, that is, until you realize it's made trivially easy with Lucas. Since Megaman is essentially Projectiles: The Fighter, you just spam Down B, heal all your damage, find an opening to attack, gain your FS, repeat until all of the Megas are dead, then btfo "Wily" like the bitch he is, just like the games.

Honestly, I found more of the Ace level fights to me more bullshit than the Legend fights, (though this could be because of bias since there a lot more Ace fights than Legends). For example, the one where you fight 1v3 against a team of beam sword wielders on the Kalos Region stage was hair-pulling for me. To me, something like that one was harder than the fight against "The Boss", a Legend Spirit. Because while The Boss was super tough, it was a lot more fair than most. The only hazard being a poison floor, and her defense going up early in the fight. other than that it was just a straight up 1v1 Stamina FD fight. Took every trick I could think of, but finally managed to spike her with Kirby's Up B.

Generally speaking I find that if it's 1v3+ on a Legend or Ace class, you're going to have a bad time.

I got Wily with Simon, Neutral Special up, Metal Killer, and spammed axes until I managed to beat him with 1% remaining

and Boss was fun, I waited to beat her until I got Snake for style points. Been using Snake with her equipped since then and Nikita is fucking destroying everything

The Boss just went full tryhard on me, she tried follow up a dank combo with her up-b for a kill, but missed, and she ran out of jumps and died.

as Ive said before, olimar is currently bugged (or maybe its on purpose), his pikmin is affected way too much by offensive up spirits, so he can just completely delete opponents with 100+ damage f and b airs, which is somehow more powerful than his smash attacks.

So am I just a fucking idiot or do you constantly have to reselect your character after each game of smash?

Also played some 6p smash with friends this new years, holy shit what a clusterfuck. It's always funny to me how smash as a party game is just kind of meh compared to how fun 1v1 no items is

All of the "fight multiple enemies" battles where they aren't like horde battles seem very unfun to me, I know I'm not a good smash player by any means but it really sucks to get your shit kicked constantly from multiple directions and have to find some way to cheese past it all

For the Pauline spirit I cheesed hard as fuck. Used the Cupid spirit which gives you the staff weapon which does more range the further away you are. Since she spawns on the other end of the map I juggled her off from my end with like 3 shots which was enough to send her into the blastzone.

14 minutes ago, Doopliss2008 said:

Im still struggling with the giga mac spirit, kicks my ass everytime, doesnt help he gets an insane boost to damage.

if you constantly bounce on the ropes it fucks with his AI a bit. projectile characters probably work well with this

IIRC I spammed remote missiles at Giga Mac. The missiles messed with his AI so he never really got in close because he was too busy freaking out over missiles.

I was invited to play Pixelmon, a Pokemon mod for Minecraft, with my sister. I've come to realise that I know very little about Pokemon. Namely, what the fuck all these berries and potions do, and what each ability does.

My party's also pretty shitty. Consists of a lvl20 Aron, a lvl10 Phanphy, a lvl18 Flaafy, a lvl21 Deino, a lvl19 Ralts and a level 1 Pidgeotto which has Fly, courtesy of the server I'm playing on.

There's no fucking way child Medic would have been able to beat Pokemon Red/Blue.