Doopliss2008

TIAM: General Gaming edition

2 hours ago, Medic said:

I was invited to play Pixelmon, a Pokemon mod for Minecraft, with my sister. I've come to realise that I know very little about Pokemon. Namely, what the fuck all these berries and potions do, and what each ability does.

My party's also pretty shitty. Consists of a lvl20 Aron, a lvl10 Phanphy, a lvl18 Flaafy, a lvl21 Deino, a lvl19 Ralts and a level 1 Pidgeotto which has Fly, courtesy of the server I'm playing on.

There's no fucking way child Medic would have been able to beat Pokemon Red/Blue.

Don't worry, child TheOnlyGuyEver didn't either.

Mainly because my save kept deleting.

Frankly I don't think adult me would be able too finish Pokemon Red/Blue. I'd probably accidentally break my game or something.

The only ones I bothered to finish were Yellow, Ruby and White 2. I gave up on Platinum and was too lazy to play more of Soul Silver and Fire Red.

First game of Stellaris played as a glorious feudal space empire, and took over half the galaxy.

For my second game I decided to play as a federation type materialist/pacifist.

Of the enemy empires, all but 2 are either militaristic or spiritualist.  Most of them fanatically.  At this point I'm just bribing people into trading with me.

Stellaris is probably the biggest disappointment that Paradox has ever made me pay for. I knew on release that it wouldn't be as fleshed out as it should, but I thought it would be great after a few expansions. Several years later, and all they've really done is the Sonic Team method of throwing the baby out with the bath water with every update.

9 hours ago, Veez said:

Stellaris is probably the biggest disappointment that Paradox has ever made me pay for. I knew on release that it wouldn't be as fleshed out as it should, but I thought it would be great after a few expansions. Several years later, and all they've really done is the Sonic Team method of throwing the baby out with the bath water with every update.

This is why I waited until it was cheap on GoG to pick it up.  Before every "major update" (i.e. "the game is no longer the game that you bought") I do a backup of the old version just in case the new version is crap.

Honestly Paradox are just a bunch of money hungry assholes that aside locking most of the content behind paid DLC, they are willing to increase the price of their games on all regions to match the dollar price even if that makes the game insanely overpriced for that country.