Doopliss2008

TIAM: General Gaming edition

At this point, if Valve ever releases HL3, ever, it will undoubtedly be met with dissapointment.

It could be the very best game to ever exist, but Valve fans will be expecting more and more.

Its pretty much Duke Nukem Forever again. As Yahtzee said, its not that it will never be released, but it should never be released, because nothing they do will live to years (currently 7) of antecipation. They would have to do a game so big, pretty and awesome that all these years of nothing will be forgiven.

Taking a trip down memory lane, I found myself listening to the Battlefield 1942 Theme earlier this morning, as it is, and probably always will be, one of my most cherished game soundtracks of all time. Out of curiousity I decided to look up the themes for the Battlefields following it, as it has become tradition for Dice to incorporate the original 1942 into the newer themes. It's an interesting progression. The original track is the best by a long shot, my runner-ups have to be the two Bad Company ones and being the dirty jaded person I am, I feel like I have to say that the BF3+BF4 themes are pretty bad.

Battlefield 1942

Battlefield 2

Battlefield 2142

Battlefield Bad Company

Battlefield 1943

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Battlefield 3

Battlefield 4

Love Bad Company 2. Better game than 3 in many ways, though i enjoyed BF3 as well.

RIP in peace Carl Gustav. Your awesomeness will be missed.

I sniped a motherfucker off the top of a mountain from across the map with that rocket launcher once. Poor bastard never knew what hit him. Rocket just slammed him in the chest and he launched backwards so hard he didn't touch the ground until he was 3/4 of the way down.

I miss that.

It occurs to me now that in the two games I've played I've made a habit of using oddball weapons to good effect. The Carl Gustav as a sniper rifle replacement in Bad Company 2 as well as the shotgun with slugs, and the Combat Shotgun with the scope and slugs in BF3.

Who needs assault and sniper rifles when you have a good shotgun?

no battlefield vietnam

you dun goofed

let me fix it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfgU6hKfY_c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0acN2v6aIc

Jokes aside BF3 theme is bad, but BF4 one is absolute tosh. Who thought that was good idea?

Love Bad Company 2. Better game than 3 in many ways, though i enjoyed BF3 as well.

RIP in peace Carl Gustav. Your awesomeness will be missed.

I sniped a motherfucker off the top of a mountain from across the map with that rocket launcher once. Poor bastard never knew what hit him. Rocket just slammed him in the chest and he launched backwards so hard he didn't touch the ground until he was 3/4 of the way down.

I miss that.

It occurs to me now that in the two games I've played I've made a habit of using oddball weapons to good effect. The Carl Gustav as a sniper rifle replacement in Bad Company 2 as well as the shotgun with slugs, and the Combat Shotgun with the scope and slugs in BF3.

Who needs assault and sniper rifles when you have a good shotgun?

Carl Gustav annoyed me. Thank god that ridiculous splash damage got reduced to be more reasonable. You literally had entire servers running around firing missiles at Infantry rather than vehicles. BC2 had quite a few broken weapons at launch actually. CG, M60, AN-94, VSS Snaiperskaya off the top of my head.

It was still a really fun game though, I think I put nearly 300 hours into the Multiplayer and gold-star'd every single weapon bar landmines or something.

Carl Gustav annoyed me. Thank god that ridiculous splash damage got reduced to be more reasonable. You literally had entire servers running around firing missiles at Infantry rather than vehicles. BC2 had quite a few broken weapons at launch actually. CG, M60, AN-94, VSS Snaiperskaya off the top of my head.

It was still a really fun game though, I think I put nearly 300 hours into the Multiplayer and gold-star'd every single weapon bar landmines or something.

Wut.

Maybe it was because I got into it late but there was like no splash damage on ANY rockets. It was direct hit or nothin'.

Also how do you not have a gold star in landmines? Mines are fun.

As you can probably tell, Engineer is my favored class.

I always wanted to play the Battlefield games, I love the large-ass feel that they have to them (Hell, that's why I liked Battlefront and Halo Reach's Invasion, because fighting felt like it was wider-spread than a hallway in some warehouse)

I love large-scale shooters like that. It's why I'm interested in that one game Binary's modeling stuff for.

I always wanted to play the Battlefield games, I love the large-ass feel that they have to them (Hell, that's why I liked Battlefront and Halo 4's Invasion, because fighting felt like it was wider-spread than a hallway in some warehouse)

I love large-scale shooters like that. It's why I'm interested in that one game Binary's modeling stuff for.

You mean Planetside 2?

Absolutely great game. Used to be a Terran Republic streamroll, but now it's a bit more balanced. I've even seen some NC and VS dominance every now and then.

I recently reinstalled Bad Company 2 since that's a Battlefield game which my pc can run and it's still pretty fun. I used to play BF2 and 2142 a lot before, and still have a copy of 2142. I heard there is a good Star Wars mod for that.

I also found the box for Rise of Nations. There is a serial key in it, but it lacks the CD, doh. Haven't played that for years.

A lot of people complain about Spore for not living up to its promises, and for sacrificing "science" for cutesy stuff. These are valid points.

However, I used to play Spore all the time, and I loved it, mostly, and I think its worth a play. If you pirate it, and you think its fun, you may want to go and buy it. 

I just found out that GOG is owned by guys from CDProject. Guess I'm gonna feed them money instead of Valve whenever I can. Gabe already has all the money of the world, because of Steam being biggest retailer on PC.

From what I've heard the reason Spore was received so terribly is because it has the most cut content a game ever had

Like half of the game's earlier revealed content was scrapped to make it more accessible.

Here is a list of everything removed from the final game.

What it doesn't mention was the internal conflict with the developers. EA was pushing Maxis to release the game, and how the team was divided between making the game "cutesy" and assessable for kids, or to take a more "realistic and scientific" approach with the game.

It's almost 5AM. I have a lecture at 8:15AM. I've been sitting up all night watching anime and playing visual novels.

Help.

If you concentrate real hard as you fall asleep you can enter super sleep mode and get about 5 hours worth of rest.

Or just stay up and push on through the night. Bury your pain, maybe drink a cup of coffee or some Mountain Dew, and go to your lecture, then go home and crash ASAP.

It's almost 5AM. I have a lecture at 8:15AM. I've been sitting up all night watching anime and playing visual novels.

Help.

If you concentrate real hard as you fall asleep you can enter super sleep mode and get about 5 hours worth of rest.

Or just stay up and push on through the night. Bury your pain, maybe drink a cup of coffee or some Mountain Dew, and go to your lecture, then go home and crash ASAP.

I think I'm gonna go for a run at 6AM, binge on yoghurt/fruit for breakfast and bring coffee to the lecture. The problem isn't surviving the lecture, the problem is staying awake during the afternoon.

Help.

I think I'm gonna go for a run at 6AM, binge on yoghurt/fruit for breakfast and bring coffee to the lecture. The problem isn't surviving the lecture, the problem is staying awake during the afternoon.

drink 2-3 cans of V

that shit will keep you up for hours