Huff

Speedruns

Cosmo's 18:10 OoT run was one of the most intense things I have even seen.

Yeah, it's fucking insane and if anyone deserves it it's him

Edited by Paero

Cosmo's uploaded his commentary of what I believe to be the single best speedrun ever done by anyone, the now infamous any% OoT 18:10. Dont have a Link (haeaahehehah) since I'm on mobile but it can be found on his youtube channel CosmoWright, which I highly reccomend anyone looking at this thread to watch, whether interested in speedruns or not. It covers from when Cosmo first joined the Speed Demos Archives forum in 2006 all the way up to now, talking about the ridiculius hacks, glitch hunting and the computer science behind his run which dozens of people helped to create through crazy calculations.

What I find the best is that in January he had a goal of 18:45, and said he'd grind out to get the perfect HESS until he got that. Roughly 7 months ago he was aiming to quit with what now is 35 seconds behind his World Record, an that just fucking amazes me.

Cosmo founded SpeedRunsLive which popularised speedrun livestreaming, alongside SDA he's helped raise hundreds of thousand of dollars (if not near on a million) for charity. He arguably deserves that run more than anyone else, and after over 1200 runs RNGesus gave him a speedrun thats 4 seconds off perfect, and without new strats will likely never be beaten.

Cosmo, ur fokken perfect m8.

So ESA's over, significantly better than SGDQ in my opinion. Highlights were Phantasy Star Online Episode 1, and I just caught the end of episode 2 as well. I'm probably gonna hop onto #PSO on the SpeedRunsLive IRC, since the guy running it said that's where to go to begin learning them.

Here's the list of Vods incase anyone wants to watch a run they missed.

360ChrisM's doing a 602 star Mario run. So SM64 120, SMG1 120, SMS 120, SMG2 242. Which is gonna take him pretty much 24 hours. This is the 3rd time I've seen him do it in the past like 2 months, and it's actually pretty fun to watch/have sitting in the background.

http://www.twitch.tv/adam_ak Big skips being maybe found in GTA:VC as I post this

EDIT: VICE CITY CONFIRMED DEAD LONG LIVE VICE CITY

EDIT 2: IT MAY BE APPLICABLE TO GTA:SA AS WELL WHICH WOULD SHAVE OFF LIKE A FUCKING HOUR

DOUBLE PLATE HYPE

EDIT: It works. He did Ice Cream Factory automatically and skipped a large amount of missions. Only question left is if it will crash the game at the end.

This has legitimately made GTA:VC and maybe GTA3 as broken as Ocarina of Time

If someone finds a way to do this same glitch for Drive Misty, I will flip my shit.

He's doing a run now, so you better get on if you want to see history in the making. Notch has also tweeted about this, so you guys better get on.

I lost all respect for Werster when the SGDQ stream started late and he started saying it was really shit and unprofessional, plus he's just generally a negative cunt