Just a Gigolo

Overwatch

Anyone that looks like they can actually kill people in a few shots is pretty appealing, so Widowmaker's on the list.

I find it really unsatisfying chipping away at people in pvp with peashooters even if characters like Tracer make up for it by being super mobile. I'd prefer to be slow and kill something in a few hits.

Reaper could be a lot of fun.

He's boring as shit to the point where it'd make me reluctant to main him, but the whole high damage close quarters combat and that crazy smoke thing that lets you position yourself next to a group of enemies or escape is looking pretty cool. Actually since we're talking about which characters are most interesting I'm gonna go ahead and rank mine for the hell of it:

More likely to try

Reaper

Reinhardt

Widowmaker

Bastion

Zenyatta

Less likely to try

Tracer

Pharah

Winston

Mercy

Hanzo

lol no

Symmetra

Tobjorn

The thing that worries me the most in terms of balance is Mercy. I'm assuming that there can only be one of each character per match, so it'll be difficult to balance it in a way so that the team with Mercy doesn't always win.

There is no class limit, like in TF2. Also like TF2, the one with the medics wins.

:pinkiegasm:

So multiple copies of each character? Jesus, that's going to be a clusterfuck.

Arguments about TF2 lore are bad enough because of this shit. Can you imagine what's going to happen when a bunch of Blizzard autists fans get their hands on such a game?

"They have cloning machines!" "Actually if you bought the trading cards you'd know it was heavily implied that they're summoning versions of themselves from parallel universes" "Please, you probably don't even know what color bedsheets Tracer's college roommate from the expanded universe novels had, fuck off casual"

They said they're going to focus on telling the story outside of the game with movies, comics, etc. There will be little story hints in the maps, but that's it.

It's safe to assume that multiple versions of characters is just mechanics, and not story.

And everyone knows her bedsheets were blue.

Having class limits would probably hold the game back to some degree. Super MNC was not very fun when someone chose Assassin before me, and I had to go play fucking Artemis or whoever. Sure, this presents the problem of having three Widowmakers and two Reapers on your team, but to me, it's better than HUNTER(+)FN00BZ choosing Tracer and being utterly useless. A lesser of two evils (though ideally, they'll have measures to discourage this.)

Though this does raise the question as to whether it will be matchmaking or server-based. I really hope for the latter (or both, ideally.) Maybe servers can have custom settings, so that people can set class limits if they like? Wishful thinking.

Oh yeah, the 2015 beta is apparently due for January. Skeptical about that - I'm betting on late February or early March.

As much as Widowmaker's design bugs me, she actually looks like a great character to play. Grappling hooks, bombs, and wall hacking? Sign me up!

Also, all my wants.

Spoiler
xceLKbk.png

>Releasing merchandise for game not even in beta yet

topkek

topkek

...Yes? Is there a problem with making merchandise from characters before their product is out? Was it wrong that I wanted a Mega Ampharos toy before X & Y was officially released, or that I listened to Let It Go before I saw Frozen?

I'm unsure what your point is, besides some 4chan joke (which I don't get, so admittedly, I may be missing the point as well.)

topkek

Even if the game flops you can't say that the figure looks dumb

The figure look great, I know. It's the fact that they're releasing merchandise like this befor the game is even in beta. You know, before there's a fanbase large enough to even care about the gam to begin with.

topkek

Even if the game flops you can't say that the figure looks dumb

The figure look great, I know. It's the fact that they're releasing merchandise like this befor the game is even in beta. You know, before there's a fanbase large enough to even care about the gam to begin with.

I dunno, the announcement seems to have stirred up a fair deal of hype

Maybe if it was an unknown developer/studio

but Blizzard is large enough that they can generate enough hype levels to start doing this stuff at this time

Still rubs me off the wrong way. It reminds me too much of Ubisoft calling the signature items of the main character in one of their games "iconic" before the brand new IP is even released.

It's just presumtuous.