Guy923

Stream Streaming Thread

I figured now that streaming is so easy anyone can do it whenever we might as well have a thread to announce who's doin what when, to make everyone's life easier. Help those bored fuckers find somethin to watch and help people who have a fetish for being watched rock their socks off

also general discussion on streaming I guess

have at it

I just set my privacy to where friends can watch me anytime I'm streaming so y'all can view me whenever I'm playing. I might even go public if Valve implements adequate moderation tools to keep the chat in check from trolls and phishers.

Also there's discussion going on whether streaming from the client can lead to screen-hacking by forcefully hacking the client, especially with the whole "view your desktop" thing.

Is this dude just being paranoid or do you guys think it could be a major concern?

Mine is set to any friend, no request needed. I'm pretty confident that my computer can handle 720p streaming when the need arises. It worked with The Crew so it should work fine for most other games.

So, hop in and watch me play stuff, if ya want. I guess I'll announce here if I'm playing anything of note. Probably lots of The Crew and Tales from the Borderlands whenever new episodes pop up. I'll probably get around to The Wolf Among Us as well.

Whenever I stream I get noticeable fps lag. Ironically, despite me having shitty internet, streaming in 480p at 1k bitrate works fine without internet lag.

So expect me to stream fps-laggy CSGO/TF2 times or singleplayer games.

How you thought it was a good idea to stream movies on Twitch is beyond me.

But yeah, I stream a lot more often because I'm listed on the TFtv sidebar. I will probably look into this Steam thing, though, and see how good it is.