Raison d'être

TIAM IV: Guydiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Cockmongler

So remember how I was starting a new job today?

Hahaha kill me.

1. Schedule: 9-7, five days a week. 50 hour work week. Not factoring in the half-hour drive to the office. Oh, and no scheduled lunch/dinner breaks, "just go get food when you're hungry." 

2. Base pay before commission: $350 a week. Literally less than minimum wage. And no paychecks until three weeks in.

Summation: *incoherent sad noises*

Less about the lunch break thing and more about the "literally less than minimum wage pay and fifty hours a week" thing. 

Let's just say my feet are ice cold. I'm going to talk to the head guy at the office tomorrow, tell him that, and point out commission don't mean shit when there aren't sales - In the two days I've spent in the store for a long interview or training, I have seen ... drumroll ... one sale. 

I'm actually going to tell him "I'll give you this week, I can promise you that, but I really need to know I'm making the right choice."

On an entirely different note, the Jets game I went to yesterday was good and bad.

Good: Live sporting events are always fun as hell. Also, thanks to my dad being friends with Ray Romano, we were in a suite.

Bad: Let's just say the pulled pork sandwiches and my stomach disagreed. Violently.

Less about the lunch break thing and more about the "literally less than minimum wage pay and fifty hours a week" thing. 

Let's just say my feet are ice cold. I'm going to talk to the head guy at the office tomorrow, tell him that, and point out commission don't mean shit when there aren't sales - In the two days I've spent in the store for a long interview or training, I have seen ... drumroll ... one sale. 

I'm actually going to tell him "I'll give you this week, I can promise you that, but I really need to know I'm making the right choice."

​I figured the low pay and too-long hours was a given. I've never actually worked a job that pays less than $9.50 an hour. Though I only got about 35 hours a week or less at some of them so it evened out to about minimum over time. Still though. So that sounds like the right choice from my perspective.

Where are you working?

Opening videos on the steam community is still fucked up. If you click anywhere other than to close the video window, it will just hide it and the video will still autoplay after a while.

​I figured the low pay and too-long hours was a given. I've never actually worked a job that pays less than $9.50 an hour. Though I only got about 35 hours a week or less at some of them so it evened out to about minimum over time. Still though. So that sounds like the right choice from my perspective.

Where are you working?

​It's a management training program, and I did not know that going in. Basically, and I'm quoting here, it's condensing 15-20 years of going from sales to upper management into one year. Supposedly, if everything goes right, I'd be running a business in a year.

I do not want to run a business in a year.

Bonus misery points: I told my parents all this (I live at home, so this is still a thing). Their response? "Try giving it three weeks, even if you don't want to stay then you'll have tried it and personal growth shit and blah de fucking blah blah blah"

How do I make them understand that my opinion in three weeks will be literally the same as it is now? 

edit: long story short, convinced parents to trim the "tryout" period to this week.

Edited by Simon

I've been thinking about recording all the fast raps I've been learning lately and putting them in a thread.

Is this a thing people would give a shit about y/n

You could at least ridicule me if it's bad

I've been thinking about recording all the fast raps I've been learning lately and putting them in a thread.

Is this a thing people would give a shit about y/n

You could at least ridicule me if it's bad

​I think I could always use more music for videos