Raison d'être

TIAM IV: Guydiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Cockmongler

5 hours ago, Veez said:

I'm in Barcelona right now and I'm taking full advantage of the drinking age and I think it was a bad idea because my head is buzzing and people kept cheering in the streets everytime Belgium scored and it was causing my head to hurt and it's still pretty fucked right now, please notify my next of kin in case I never post again.

Drink tons of water!

Went to a wedding. Was really nice. 16 years together and they finally tied the knot.

I got a bag of stones.

Edited by Medic

So... I am once again back. I hate real life and other stuff getting in the way of doing stuff, but what may one do? I hope that I won't once again forget to visit this here forum.

In other news, I am ATM home celebrating the delay of Article 13. Feels good to have representatives that actually think for once.

6 hours ago, sham1 said:

So... I am once again back. I hate real life and other stuff getting in the way of doing stuff, but what may one do? I hope that I won't once again forget to visit this here forum.

In other news, I am ATM home celebrating the delay of Article 13. Feels good to have representatives that actually think for once.

Welcome back!

I hate Windows 10.

Finally let the fucking thing update (my biggest mistake) and suddenly one of my HDs isn't showing up at all, Disk Management was talking about initializing a drive, chkdsk did nothing, so I just rolled back to a previous version and I gotta just.. not let Windows update. Ever. Oy vey.

10 hours ago, Stackbabbin' Bumscags said:

I hate Windows 10.

Finally let the fucking thing update (my biggest mistake) and suddenly one of my HDs isn't showing up at all, Disk Management was talking about initializing a drive, chkdsk did nothing, so I just rolled back to a previous version and I gotta just.. not let Windows update. Ever. Oy vey.

After weeks of my volume levels randomly changing, but only when I'm not using headphones, I found out that Windows 10 includes a feature where it tries to determine if you are using voice chat and lowers the volumes whenever you are speaking.  As far as I can tell, it defaulted to thinking that any time that the microphone picked up noise I was speaking and so the volume levels had to go down.

Figuring this out wasn't helped by the fact that the sound settings are split between three different locations for no apparent reason.

This is honestly the only problem I've ever had with Win10 so far. It's not the first time one of my HDs has suddenly dropped off my list, and I managed to do something to get it back last time, I just forgot what I did. Trying to initialize the drive Disk Management was talking about was throwing Cyclic redundancy errors, and it was 2:04am so I just said fuck it and undid the update.

Unfortunately, I can't just roll back to Win7, 'cause I totally would. But this was a bought copy of Win10 I got when my computer got upgraded and I'm boned as a result.

On 7/7/2018 at 9:17 PM, Moby said:

I feel I'm the only one that uses Win10 that didnt had any problems with it.

Yeah I haven't had any major issues either (fingers crossed) they just seem to happen to everyone else.

Nowadays what with every single supposed leak being dismissed immediately under the eye of intense professional scrutiny, it's sometimes hard to believe that there was even a time when people fell for stuff like that. Really the last big hoax like that I remember people falling for was Rayman in Smash. But man, I remember that shit, L is Real, and the following Purple Prizes, Triforce in OOT, fake stills of "Halo 4", pictures of beached sea monsters and giant otherworldly fossils. I very vividly remember looking up a video of how to play as a brute in Halo 3 and getting rickrolled. Wonder how many kids these days are falling for "free vbucks enter password here"

I fell for Purple Prizes when I was in elementary and wasted hours trying to hit a certain spot of the castle with the cannon and abusing Action Replay. I'm glad that scrawny fuck ain't a playable character in Smash.

Edited by Veez

There's a shop that sells the little mini Nintendo consoles that are basically just Nintendo emulators. Considered getting one but I'm not gonna use it.

38 minutes ago, Medic said:

There's a shop that sells the little mini Nintendo consoles that are basically just Nintendo emulators. Considered getting one but I'm not gonna use it.

This reminds me that I should probably ask my Grandma tomorrow if I can use her Prime account and buy it through there.

In reboot it is clear that the programs process information much more quickly than the average person, since seconds are considered to be a while (maybe something like a few hours) and hours are considered to be an extremely long period of time (something like a year).

Now consider that the computer user plays games fairly frequently from the perspective of the programs.  Sometimes we even get more than one game in one episode.  Judging from the internal timeframe, these games must be coming down at most minutes apart.  This means that the user plays hundreds of games each and every day.  Additionally if we had a single user who went to sleep or had a job, there should be entire seasons where no games are played.

Then again, it is "mainframe" so perhaps there are multiple users.

But we still have the issue of the games lasting at most minutes, no matter how complicated the game or how much action appears within them.  From the user side they would have to be doing nothing but constantly putting in split second inputs.  Worse still, we eventually learn that time actually moves more quickly in game than it does in the normal computer universe.  This means that if you see a user thinking for what looks to be a couple of seconds on screen, that would actually correspond to nanoseconds in the "real world."

But I guess having games running that fast might explain why playing games damages your hard drive.

On 7/17/2018 at 9:24 AM, Idiot Cube said:

You have reached enlightenment, my child.

It was mostly the course though. Other exams, I've gotten 80% or more. And just to make shit worse for us, this exam was completely different, style-wise, to the test papers they gave us.

Whatever. It's over now. One more course starting September and I'm done.

Today I learned that apparently Madhouse and the creator of Bionicle were going to work together with Guru Larry to make an adaptation of this.

EDIT: Looks like later on Madhouse dropped out and they got the guys behind Johnny test to animated it instead.  Except, obviously, that version of the show didn't come out either.

There's some behind the scenes story behind this in any case.

Edited by Gyokuyoutama