Sign in to follow this  
Razputin

Podcasts

Do you guys listen to podcasts and if so which ones? 

A few weeks ago Scampsixteen showed me sleepycast, which is a podcast starring some of the more well-known Newgrounds animators like Stamper, Spazkid and Psychicpebbles. They're an absolute riot to listen to

By now I've listened to every podcast they have done and although they bring out a new one weekly I'm kind of looking for other podcasts. So if you have any recommendations for good podcasts I'd love to hear them

I watch the Drunken Peasants Podcast.

I used to watch a couple more, but they take up so much time.

EDIT

I might as well post the old podcasts I used to listen to.

I listened to But Wait There's Lore (a WoW lore podcast), until all the cast members left because the guy running it was taking all the profit and did none of the work. I also listened to the Pizza Party Podcast (a cartoon based podcast), but they were too tumblry for me.

:pinkiegasm:

Edited by Just a Gigolo

Co-Optional Podcast General Gaming podcast thing, has >totalbiscuit and >jesse cox so it's a love it or hate it kinda thing. Generally has some good guests on and is enjoyable.

Keeping the Rave Alive Hard Dance podcast, ranging from Big Room House to Hardcore usually. Easily my favorite podcast, and the guy that hosts it (Kutski) has been listening to rave music since the early 90's so you get a lot of cool knowledge from it. Has a couple of special segments, one where he takes a song and speeds it up to 170 beats per minute to see if it sounds any good, another where he showcases where the samples in tracks come from (which can be really fucking weird sometimes), another where he just tries to find the absolute hardest, fastest and craziest song around and the final segment where he takes one of his vinyls from the 90's and plays it, which gives a really nice insight into how the harder styles of dance music have changed.

Hard with Style Hardstyle podcast, lost a bit of its charm after Headhunterz stopped hosting it and began just getting some medium sized producers to do it instead, but still has nice music regardless.

Isaac's Hardstyle Sessions Interchangeable with Hard with Style really because the Hardstyle scene isn't really big enough for them to have completely different setlists, but they usually have different things. The appeal of it for me is that DJ Isaac just has more personality than the people that host HwS nowadays.

Not Actually Podcasts more Webshows but I'm putting them in anyway:
Drama Time and the PG Show by Preacher PG Show is really only interesting if you're into WoW, but on Drama Time he gets viewers to write in about guild drama and stuff like that in various MMOs, and the stupid things that they or their guild mates have done over the years.

Super Best Friendcast, Idle Thumbs, and Song Exploder, mostly. Also My Brother, My Brother, and Me when I've gone through everything else. Song Exploder used to be part of the same network but they split off some time ago.

Also I can't wrap my head around how Psychicpebbles actually sounds like that.

Edited by Buddhazilla

Apparently it's some medical condition. Virtually harmless and fixable but he doesn't want to get it fixed because it's his identity now.

I usually only do the Pizza Party Podcast and SleepyCast, solely because of the laughs.

The podcast which has had hold on my heart for the past 2 years--- Cox n Crendor in the morning! Jesse Cox and Crendor made this podcast where sanity goes to die and its so hilarious and fun!

With topics ranging from Florida Man to chokin on goat meat, its just crazy and wonderful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKiXLEIyfZM is hilarious

So the biggest problem in the universe podcast just abruptly ended, Dick Masterson, one of the hosts, isn't there for the final episode and it's Jon leaving gamegrumps all over again

I'm really sad the show just ended like that

I've been listening to a ton of the Last Podcast on the Left lately, it's a horror/comedy show where they talk about monsters, aliens, serial killers, and government conspiracies.  Absolutely hysterical, they do a really good job of it and they're all really funny.

Sleepycast announced a while ago that they're ending once this season is over; everyone is moving to go do their own shit and it simply wasn't feasible anymore

I'm in dire need of a replacement podcast now, the Dollop is good only one in five episodes

I've been super into The Adventure Zone lately, even got my boyfriend into it, though it only updates every other Thursday. 3 brothers and their dad bumble through a custom D&D campaign (yes it's a comedy podcast).

I've also gotten into 99% Invisible which is about design in all aspects of the word, really well-produced and entertaining.

Oh yeah this thread

It's been a year now but BPITU has split up into two podcasts, Maddox and Dick both having their own show. Maddox became unlistenable but the dickshow is absolutely hilarious. Would be my favourite podcast if it wasn't for the fact that there's still a ton of bad blood between the two and it often gets brought up during the show, which varies from funny antics to people getting doxxes until they lose their job.