Sign in to follow this  
Huff

Rick and Morty

S2E1 was fantastic especially in the animation department, and the B plot was really good because Beth really needs more development. 

S2E2 was fun and had a good song, and E3 was good as well, though the ending was unexpectedly sad.

It was nice to see Mr. Poopybutthole again after so long.

Also they're not talking about anything but Summer's new habit of peeing her pants over on /co/ jfc. I just wanna talk about how much even this little bit of development has affected Beth.

Edited by Huff

Rick and Morty s2ep4 was good

http://webmup.com/3a7d2/

​When I saw this webm before the episode, I thought it happened after an actually emotional scene, but then the thing happened and I'm genuinely confused. I want to laugh, but I also want to feel bad for ironic reasons.

​Of course you feel bad, one of the show's most beloved characters was near-fatally injured! It was quite moving, even more so than that scene from the last episode where Rick attempts suicide but is stopped by Mr. Poopybutthole.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rickandmorty/comments/3h9xcl/so_uhhh_mr_poopy_butt_hole/cu6asnh

Earlier on, there's fake memory involving Frankenstein's Monster in Vietnam. Vietnam isn't a pleasant memory, it's just that the parasite character has to be good in the memory. When Jerry has his head stuck in the bannister, the memory isn't "good", it's just that the fake character is good in the memory.

So, at some point, the episode changed from what's happening to become an inserted memory, and the memory is where Mr. Poopy Butt Hole is shot. So, when did the transition happen? When the family is finished catching parasites. Being a parasite is a bad memory, but being shot by a family member isn't the parasite being bad, it's the family member being bad, and that's allowed.

So, it's right after Beth doesn't kill Jerry. Near the end of the episode, there's a cut to the view of the house having the blast doors open, and almost immediately, Rick says "Rikki-Tikki-Tavi[1] ", a fake catchphrase introduced in a fake memory.

And what's the last line of the episode, in the after-credits scene? "And that's the way the news goes", another fake catchphrase.

The ending of the episode is just a fake memory, starting right before Rick says "Rikki-Tikki-Tavi".