John Caveson

Warframe

Actually trying to get back into this. Literally last time I played was in beta/release and good lord is there a literal mountain of new things to do. Don't know if it's because i'm starting fresh or not, but it seems like it's a wee bit less farm intensive, or at least there's more options for farming. POE is neat, but not quite what I was expecting. 

Working my way through the quest lines now.

So far I'm enjoying Rhino for Iron Skin making lower-level Infested Survival missions - and really, most everything else lower level - trivial.
The only frames I have are Excal, Rhino, and Frost Prime, I'm working on getting Limbo's and Mirage's parts, but undecided if I should build them first or wait and try and see if I can get another frame, potentially a Prime. Any suggestions?

If we're talking any old frame...that depends on what missions you like. If you like soloing more, I would recommend Loki, modded for ability duration and once you get into syndicates, his mod for silencing attacks while invis will make the game ez mode, if not time consuming if you have lower level gear. For crowd control, Nyx is god tier with range and duration focused to max Chaos. Rhino is a good tank, but he can be a bit of a crutch, instead I would recommend Valkyr or Wukong. Valkyr is easier to get, but Wukong is more versatile. Build for efficiency and duration for both. As for support, Trinity is a good all-rounder, if you build for -duration for Energy Vampire, she can be god tier when working with a team on mission that requires a lot of energy like defense or survival. What you have so forare good all-rounder characters, especially for beginners.

If you want Primes, prepare to do a lot of farming or spending quite bit of Plat for a full set. A lot of the good ones (Loki, Trinity, Ash, etc.) are retired unfortunately, though they do get temporarily unlocked from time to time. Of the ones available right now? Valkyr and Sayrn are good picks.

Yeah, as John said, I'd get Loki. He is amazing for Spy missions, which helps getting Ivara later.

I wouldnt try getting a lot of stuff at the same time or you might get overwhelmed. Try getting unlocking more nodes and some plat for slots first, then try farming for the primes you want.

34 minutes ago, Moby said:

I wouldnt try getting a lot of stuff at the same time or you might get overwhelmed. Try getting unlocking more nodes and some plat for slots first, then try farming for the primes you want.

This right here is probably the best tip for newbies. Star chart is top priority, since that allows you to do bonus missions without restriction (you can't play alerts and other bonus missions on nodes you have yet to unlock, unless you were invited by a friend who has it unlocked) Just take it all one step at a time. Set small goals that you think you can get in a reasonable time frame. Go with the flow of sorts. The frames you have right now are perfect for clearing the star chart.

I wouldn't recommend getting frames like Limbo and Mirage until you get used to the games mechanics and you know what you're doing, especially with Limbo due to his situational use and complicated abilities.

If you get stuck anywhere just give me a holler.

Edited by John Reapson

Currently I have unlocked up to Jupiter, but since I managed to get into Saturn before the update to the Star Map, I also have access to that despite not clearing its Junction in Jupiter, Phobos is currently my only access into the Void. I'm waiting on the stupid Frame Specter to finish building to open the Europa Junction right now. Loki has definitely been on my "To get" list for invisible shenanigans, I just have 3 slots available for Frames and don't know what to prioritize.

Edited by Stackbabbin' Bumscags

One slot for Loki, another for Trinity, whose parts are farmed on Saturn's boss fight, and Jupiter's boss unlocks Valkyr's parts, so you can use the third for her, but Rhino is a good tank frame for now, so honestly it's up to your discretion.

Edited by John Reapson

4 hours ago, John Reapson said:

One slot for Loki, another for Trinity, whose parts are farmed on Saturn's boss fight, and Jupiter's boss unlocks Valkyr's parts, so you can use the third for her, but Rhino is a good tank frame for now, so honestly it's up to your discretion.

Trinity is on Exta, Ceres. Loki is on Neptune, via the Hyena Pack boss. Ember is the frame for Saturn

Bumscags, If you've got access to a clan, you can get Volt (who is versatile but not 'top tier'), Banshee (cheesy), Zephyr (mediocre), Nehza (like Rhino but less tanky and more utility and mobility) and the aforementioned Wukong (not dying, not dying and a shitty exalted weapon similar to Excalibur but less fun). Mirage's quest is pretty easy but it's later on in the game. Limbo is NOT a good choice for new players. Too complicated and easy to get confused.

If you want to get a Prime, I'd recommend Valkyr Prime or Oberon Prime. Trinity Prime just got vaulted, but there's tons of relics with her parts in so try and get her first if you can. I got a bunch of her relics still.

Edited by Medic

I used to have a clan, but I - predictably - got booted when I stopped playing for a bit, I'm a little hesitant to go seeking out another clan since I don't really know how long Warframe will keep my attention. So far I'm mostly playing solo because my computer doesn't really have the resources to play Warframe seamlessly and I really don't want to drag other people down with lag-induced shitty gameplay. I have gone public for some fissure missions, especially the Interception ones, but aside from that I keep to myself. I did have to ask for a taxi through the one Rush mission, though, because it was literally impossible for me to do thanks to the lag and Asswing's crappiness. I may need to have a taxi through the fucking Pursuit mission, because either I don't have the right Asswing or the right weapon, since I'm still using the default Asswing gear.

As an aside: God dammit, Twitch drops, stop giving me fireworks and Latron BPs. You were useful when you got me my first Forma, but this is getting more than a little ridiculous.

WELP

It's a good thing I didn't get myself a clan. My computer is having internet problems, and I can't connect to Warframe's servers, or multiple sites. Some sites are throwing ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE errors, and trying to connect from the launcher times out. No viruses/malware, flushed DNS, cleared chaches on browser. All browsers affected. YT vids no longer play either. 

Can't access subspuf on my PC anymore. 

On 10/18/2017 at 10:41 PM, Stackbabbin' Bumscags said:

As an aside: God dammit, Twitch drops, stop giving me fireworks and Latron BPs. You were useful when you got me my first Forma, but this is getting more than a little ridiculous.

Sell the Latron BPs after the first one. I've made like 200k credits from them.

Admittedly, I haven't even done the pursuit mission. You don't need to even do it aside from the affinity and access to a Defection mission, and even then the Defection mission on Neptune is just as good.

How is Warframe? I've considered downloading it to try it out, but from why I'm understanding it has a leveling system where you have to grind to level up? I'm not sure if it's worth trying since I already play Runescape which is grindy enough...

5 hours ago, majer63 said:

How is Warframe? I've considered downloading it to try it out, but from why I'm understanding it has a leveling system where you have to grind to level up? I'm not sure if it's worth trying since I already play Runescape which is grindy enough...

All of your equipment has a level, but your account has an overall Mastery Rank which you increase by leveling gear until you unlock the next Mastery Test and complete that. Your MR only limits what weapons you can equip, as there are some that are Mastery locked, Frames, however, are not Mastery locked. It's a lot of grinding for stuff, but it's truly not bad. It could certainly be much much worse. For the most part, this is not a shooter where you can take cover and get some pot shots off when your enemies duck out of theirs, you need to keep moving to survive, even while firing. You are a space ninja and especially during your beginning, you are most certainly not indestructible, or even difficult to kill if you just stand there. It really does help a lot to know someone who really knows the game, like Moby or Caveson, when I didn't know anyone who played, it really was a little unpleasant because there's so much to go through. Different weapons, different mod builds for weapons and Frames.

I'd definitely give it a shot, see if you like how it handles. Direct any major gameplay related questions towards Moby, Medic, or Caveson.

Yeah send the gameplay stuff to Moby and Caveson rather than the person who hasn't shut up about Warframe in ages.

Rewards on the Plains though are still sucky. I don't want two shitty fruits for having to assassinate someone, even if it was a random incursion. And 1000 credits is a real kick in the face, even for a newbie.

I'd compare Warframe to the story of Sisyphus, but with a twist.

You start rolling that rock up hills, but sure enough you will be beating people with the rock once you reach the top.

Dang, this game has me hooked harder than anything in a long time. Also got my roommate in on it too. Ground my way to Neptune since I picked it back up last weekend. Those Twitch Prime rewards were a good boost TBH. Running Ivara for stealth, Frost for pretty much everything else. Just unlocked my next main quest (Nitah I think) last night, I'm kinda gunning for Octavia, the skills sound way too entertaining to not try. Haven't even toughed POE since i tried it a bit ago. 

I keep "watching" these Twitch streams in hopes of more affinity boosters, and I actually got 2 Deluxe Frost skins and 4 Wyrms. It will take a while to use all these fireworks though.

50 minutes ago, Binary said:

Dang, this game has me hooked harder than anything in a long time. Also got my roommate in on it too. Ground my way to Neptune since I picked it back up last weekend. Those Twitch Prime rewards were a good boost TBH. Running Ivara for stealth, Frost for pretty much everything else. Just unlocked my next main quest (Nitah I think) last night, I'm kinda gunning for Octavia, the skills sound way too entertaining to not try. Haven't even toughed POE since i tried it a bit ago. 

Octavia is pretty versatile for buffs and CC. I really like her, although the grind to get her is a bit annoying. And although her skills look funny, most people run a sillent, full notes 'song' to activate the buffs for often.

1 hour ago, Stackbabbin' Bumscags said:

I want that fucking Frost Skin, but all I keep getting are Fireworks and Latron BPs, 's annoying as fuck. But it would be goddamn nice if Twitch was actually giving me all my bloody rewards.

I heard you got to disable Twitch Beta, but no idea if that is the case. I just keep streams of these guys doing new accounts to speed run acheivements on the background, without sound and at 160p. I can plat just find with 8 or 9, more than that and I start to drop frames, loading times goes mental and I might crash if too much stuff happens.

Anyway, between posts I got more 250 messages, now its 4 Frost skins, 5 Wyrms and 18 days of affinity booster, along a billion Latron bps, fireworks and displays. And I bought that Frost Skin bundle months ago, since you cant get the sword skin it comes with otherwise.

Also, what are you guys handles? 'MobyTheDuck' here.