Sign in to follow this  
Razputin

Shameless SFV shilling thread

I read it from Matt Dalhgren's interview.

Apparently each fighter will cost around 100000 and costumes 40000, they said that getting a profile level is one of the most rewarding things, which gives you 1000 coins.

Also, how come Sagat, Balrog, Blanka, Honda and Guile arent part of the main roster

21 hours ago, Moby said:

So apparently to buy a single character you have to play for weeks to get enough coins.

It's almost as if they want to reward people who are dedicated to playing the game by giving them free content that developers have spent time and money working on or something as opposed to handing out free shit to any kiddo that picks up the game and plays for 5 minutes xD

19 hours ago, Moby said:

Also, how come Sagat, Balrog, Blanka, Honda and Guile arent part of the main roster

It's almost as if 16 characters is more than enough for a fighting game at launch and developing characters in a new engine with new mechanics and overhauling how old fan favorites work without compromising on their overall playstyle takes time and money for developers to work on or something xD

Seriously man do you do literally anything on the internet except try to shit on what other people enjoy????

Edited by Paero

Tutorial mode lasts LITERALLY 2 minutes, if a 2 minute waste of your time ruins the game for you then you should probably stop playing video games altogether.

You can play in offline mode if you wish.

16 characters is more than most fighting games at launch, people are just used to SF4s massive roster. More characters does not equal a better game in ANY way, especially at launch.

"Crappy story mode" SFV was released this early so it could be played at the Capcom Pro Tour, they never tried to hide this. A full story mode is going to be released when its finished being developed. If you aren't in SF for the competitive multiplayer then you're in the wrong game.

"No arcade mode" thats such a minor gripe it doesn't even fucking matter because no serious player will spend any significant time in there, and its just there for a bit of added spice for casuals. Again, if you aren't in SF for the competitive multiplayer then you're in the wrong game.

"Default language forced" No opinion on this, I'm english.

The problem with the online play is connecting. Once in the game the netcode itself is fine. But I'll concede that this is a major problem currently.

There's a multitude of different game pads used. but yes this is also currently a problem, we can only assume they will be fixed.

"No keyboard options" What a meme.

The only real criticisms are the online play and pad support.

Anyway man nice job copy pasterinoing someone elses criticisms without having played the game in order to try and validate yourself. The point stands that you're not the target demographic for fighting games. They're not single player experiences. They're competitive multiplayer games.

Anyway man as you said before you can get SF4 for way cheaper and it has everything you want, so why not go play it instead of shitposting your opinions here so people without pre-conceived opinions on the game can actually discuss it.

Edited by Paero

I guess I'll go fuck myself for being so damn casual and not supporting devs that cut a lot of content, so they can pull the 'dont worry we will patch that in later' card and cant even make the basic they promised work :^)

I'll probably go with Rashid cause I like both his playstyle and design a lot, that up-arching projectile is sweet. I dislike how you have to buttonmash on his tornado jump moves though

Chun-Li is still proving to be my favorite so far. She has pretty fucking insane combo potential, and her V Trigger makes for some interesting juggles (like backwards.HK, s.HP into her critical art).

I'm still waiting on a combo video for Laura to see what she can do. Karin is also a hell of a lot more interesting than I thought she would be initially, she has some nice mixups etc and when she goes into her V Trigger she just goes insane.

Yeah I know Insectans been having problems with Kens and Karins abusing the alt tab glitch at high levels.

On another note Cannes Winter Clash(?) is over and a Laura player took first place. Too early to say whether she's good or not but she's defo not low tier

So I got a new ISP today, and among faster internet speeds, it seems to have resolved my SFV connectivity issues.

Lobbies work now, huzzah.

That's really fukkin weird though that my ISP was causing GGXrd and SFV not to work though.

Edited by FreshHalibut

Glad to see that stuff fixed

I'm looking for a new main myself, I've been running Dhalsim for a while but he really is too complicated. Maybe I'll just stick with Ryu

Not trying to be annoying, but getting hyped by something that should be already in the base game, but its being added almost 5 months after release is rather sad.

Say what you will, but I'm impressed with how much work went into the Story mode.

Everything is in engine and all the side characters have high-detail models.

Balrogs fun as heck too, even though I have no idea how to play him yet.

That mini turn-punch apparently combos into a lot of stuff.

And his V-Trigger Rush punches are great, five in a row ended by a gigaton punch CA if you have the meter.

Also Story mode giving us a peek of Urien and Juri Early.

Urien already feels fun as heck and I dig that he already has a suit outfit, compared to SF3 where he was roman underpants man.

Not sure what to make of Juri.