Sign in to follow this  
Razputin

Shameless SFV shilling thread

4 hours ago, Rynjin said:

I'm not a Street Fighter guy but Balrog looked fun enough in his preview video I'm considering getting the game to try it out.

If you do pick it up, just remember that the season pass characters are actually paid/unlocks now with the cash shop being out.

You *can* get everyone for free with fight money, the combined story modes of the vanilla cast granting enough for at least one free guy.

But otherwise expect to invest time or money to unlock the rest.

I'm pretty sure there are less scrupulous methods of unlocking guys for offline play, but I haven't done it.

13 hours ago, Razputin said:

Yeah he did that to me too then stopped playing like two weeks after

Enjoy fighting rando's alone

Okay man I'm sorry.

I'm sorry I worked a full time 40 hour a week job. I'm sorry that I had a girlfriend who surprisingly I wanted to spend time with. I'm sorry I had friends I wanted to see. I'm sorry I wanted to play other games as well. I'm sorry that you had some skewed idea of me as some top tier player who practiced non stop and was going to help you be the greatest player since Daigo.

Simple fact is that you expected me to turn you into some great player, and I told you what I was told. Pick Ryu and learn him. I didn't follow that advice and I turned out as a worse player because of it and I didn't really want the same thing to happen to you. But you kept on saying how you hated Ryu and didn't want to play him. I felt the same in Ultra so I picked up Chun-Li and just started playing her instead. So I told you to pick whoever you thought was cool. But you kept on complaining. You kept on whining when I beat you, and often times ragequitting. Here's a fun fact my dude, I didn't want to spend all my time helping you get better when I could have been "fighting rando's alone" (which is what you're fucking MEANT to do) and getting better myself. But I did it anyway because you took the time to play a game which I was interested in.

Here's how I learned Street Fighter 4. I bought the game, bought a controller, and played with Insectan, who at the time was the only person I knew who played it. He fucking destroyed me for months on end (and even at Insomnia 2 years later, he still takes me in almost every single round). But did I go and get mad and complain about how the game was bad, and whine to him about how I should have never bought it. No, I went to websites like Twitch and found people to practice against. People who were all better than me, and who could all tell me what I needed to do to get better. I trained against them pretty frequently, I sat in training mode for hours trying to get my combos down, and my reaction speeds up. I went online and fought random people to get an idea of what to do again certain characters. I did all of that and 244 hours of playtime into Street Fighter 4 I could confidently say that I was an okay player.

Street Fighter is a hard franchise. All fighting games are. Nobody helps you get better at it except for yourself and you definitely weren't going to get amazing at the game by only ever playing against me.

What I won't fucking stand for is you saying that I forced you to buy the game, I never did a fucking thing like that. I talked about how you should play it and how it would be cool to play it together (because I thought you would have been enjoyable to play with) but I didn't pick up your wallet and fork over your cash. I didn't make you go out and buy a fightpad. You did all that of your own accord and you cannot blame me.

I will blame you for dropping the game right after I bought it. I did buy it because I wanted to play together with you. And don't give me this hyperbole shit about looking up to you and wanting to become Daigo. I wanted to play with a friend who dropped the game right after I spent 120 bucks on SFV plus a proper controller and turned into "that guy with his first girlfriend which he never shuts up about", right after months of you starting every other conversation with "tfw no gf"

It was never about getting good, it was about a person who I saw as a friend turning into someone I was actively disgusted by. SFV was the last straw

31 minutes ago, Razputin said:

I will blame you for dropping the game right after I bought it. I did buy it because I wanted to play together with you. And don't give me this hyperbole shit about looking up to you and wanting to become Daigo. I wanted to play with a friend who dropped the game right after I spent 120 bucks on SFV plus a proper controller and turned into "that guy with his first girlfriend which he never shuts up about", right after months of you starting every other conversation with "tfw no gf"

It was never about getting good, it was about a person who I saw as a friend turning into someone I was actively disgusted by. SFV was the last straw

lmfao

Edit: no seriously though are you for real?

Double Edit: Next time you tell one of my best friends to seriously consider killing himself maybe kindly think about offing yourself instead.

Edited by Snail

Yes, that was awful of me and I apoligised for that immediately, I do still feel bad about that and I can't take it back

I'll talk to him about it on steam if he is willing to and let this die down a bit, but I'm pretty sure we're done with each other anyways.

She looks cool, but her whole design seems a bit unoriginal to me. As much as I like the stereotypical Egyptian kinda thing, it seems a bit off that she looks so similar to Eliza from Skullgirls. The orb is cool but (while I've not played her at all) I get the feeling her playstyle will be about as varied as any other SFV character, which is to say not very varied at all. That being said she does look good, and if I was going to play SFV again for any reason it would be to try her.

I still hold out some hope for SFV, there's obviously that rumor going around that Capcom are thinking of releasing a Super Street Fighter V which I think is honestly the best hope SFV has of being more widely accepted. I feel like the V-Trigger system just isn't complex enough to make the gameplay as interesting as IV's was with Focus Attacks.

SFV is a fine game in most cases, it's a good looking game and a lot of the moves do feel fun to hit, but I just never managed to get the same satisfaction learning it as I did learning (and continuing to learn) USFIV and Tekken 7 and frankly the teleporting problems in online matches made all my wins feel cheap because I never knew if the person I was playing against just couldn't react to me, and all my losses against teleporting players were obviously just annoying.

The buildup to Arcade Mode really managed to pull me back into SFV, I love the gold arena aesthetic they've gone with. Curious to see how the Vskill choice will end up, I feel like some pros will decide on which ones are the best and everyone will follow foot and ignore the other option. Akuma's new one looks pretty goddamn sick so far although I miss the midair double fireballs