DualJay

Best superpower?

Best Superpower Package?  

17 members have voted

1. 2. Projection or no?

• It is better to project a second body which has your superpowers, which you control from a distance.
    • It is better to have the superpowers yourself, even though it makes it harder to hide your identity.
  2. 3. Best source of powers?

• Money - your massive access to resources allowed you to purchase your superpowers. You're rich.
    • Magic Relic - you have a relic item that grants you superpowers. Your powers can more substantially ignore the laws of physics, but you must have the relic to use them.
    • X-Gene - you are a mutant. Clones of you will have your powers, and you are bounded more heavily by physics. There may be a way to negate your powers.
    • Eldritch - Magic aliens/angels/demons gave you your powers. Your powers cannot be replicated or stolen, except by whatever gave you your powers.
    • Science - you were given your powers in a lab experiment. The process could be repeated on others, or undone to take your powers away.
    • Magic Heritage - you are descended from a wizard or something. So long as you carry on in the family tradition/duty, your powers cannot be taken away.
    • Super Training - you trained until you had your powers. Your powers require focus and discipline to use, but cannot be taken away.
    • Posthuman Experiment - you are posthuman, and this gives you your powers through strange science. Your powers are extra strong, and you are extra smart, but a little crazy.
    • Medicine - hardmode - you have a drug you must take regularly that gives you your powers.
  3. 4. Best Powerset?

• Speedster (Substantial superspeed)
    • Flying Brick (Superstrength, flight, durability)
    • Bruiser (Massive superstrength, massive durability)
    • Psychic (Telepathy and telekinesis)
    • Telepath (Massive telepathy)
    • Psychokinetic (Massive telekinesis)
    • Precog (Can see the future and have some clairvoyance)
    • Augmented Human (Substantially stronger, faster, and more agile than a peak human. Some superspenses and minor healing factor)
    • Regenator (Massive healing factor, substantially stronger than a peak human)
    • Adaptive Regenator (Massive healing factor, adapt to gain resistance to past injuries, eventually become monstrous and superstrong)
    • Supersoldier (Peak human, ridiculously high combat skill)
    • Gadgeteer (Superhuman intellect at device creation)
    • Tactician (Superhuman intellect at tactics and prediction)
    • Flying Artillery (Flight, some sort of energy projection)
    • Force Fielder (Project extremely resilient force fields)
    • Elementalist (Can control the four classical elements)
    • Fleshsmith (Can warp and alter organic matter, can make yourself incredibly tough and strong, usually very creepy and monstrous)
    • Alchemist (Can transmute or summon matter)
    • Invulnerability (Completely immune to harm, no other powers)

Vote in the poll

Assume they're all relatively balanced against each other - so the speedster is not the flash vs captain america

Also what would you do with your powers? would you become a superhero? would you make your identity public? would you do it for cash? would you work for the government? would you have a supername?

Edited by DualJay

No superhero-ing. I might use my powers to help people if I'm around at the time but seeking out danger to the point people expect me to solve all their problems? No thanks.

Side note: I picked Psychic because it's a very close second, but if it was proper Shapeshifting (partial and not, control over it) instead of Fleshsmith (which just makes me think of Crawler), that'd be my choice.

I went for that posthuman adaptive regenerator. Sure there's a lot of crazy but I could destroy ISIS. And I would totally become a superhero.

Also, crawler is totally The Best Choice.

I'd mostly game the stock market honestly. Not too much, only a few million. I'd also help people out, say if a lady was about to fall off a cliff I'd drag her back and tell her to be more careful. I'd also send anonymous tips to the spooks letting them know where bombs are.

Precog is a great power honestly, he who controls the future may as well control the present. Plus it's not like it can be found out, you can just claim it was luck.

Personally my favourite power is invisibility by far. But I went with precognition because it allows you to basically make all the right decisions. Though admittedly it might fail to just straight-up physical powers, it also would help you avoid those fights to begin with.

Ideally, nobody would ever know you have the power, nor feel any need to fight you at all.

Just now, Raison d'être said:

I'll start throwing a haymaker and he'll run into it and get knocked out.

This comment gives me cancer. I'm always triggered when precogs hit speedsters. All they'd see is the speedster dodging.

also a lotta precog wannabes around here.

7 minutes ago, DualJay said:

This comment gives me cancer. I'm always triggered when precogs hit speedsters. All they'd see is the speedster dodging.

also a lotta precog wannabes around here.

I don't need to see him to know he's gonna hit me.

Besides, why is this asshole coming after me? I made a few million bucks off the stock market and saved a couple dozen people from their deaths when suddenly Captain Dipshit decides to run me down. What's his problem?

Edited by Raison d'être

a supervillian speedster is his problem

---

Okay, do people change their choices if say, 1/1000 people also have superpowers? What about 1/100? 1/10? Everyone?

I think things like Precog are better with lower amounts of supers. In higher density situations, a more physical ability probably would be best, so I'd say regenerator for me.

Or invulnerability, because something about that seems fun. 

I've always been a sucker for reality benders who can only do so if they legit believe that's what's going to happen or how reality already works.

but I'll go with regenners this time I guess

If supernatural threats are commonplace, I'd be a superhero and take flying brick or bruiser. I like the idea of knocking bad guys and monsters into next week with my fists alone.

But if other superhumans are nonexistent, I'd live my life as normal and go with precognition. Seems pretty easy to hide, as long as I don't react to every single one of my predictions. I always hate having to deal with unknown variables and adapt to things I wasn't expecting - being able to plan for literally everything would be pretty sweet.

In terms of obtaining powers, magic and super-science are the most "sensible" - that is, they make it easier to suspend your disbelief. But there's just something I find really cool about being able to perform impossible feats just because you worked really hard for it.

Study hard, become IRL iron man/ the next elon musk/etc, get rich while doing so.

Also with the bonus of augmenting yourself with your own inventions, leading to bonus powers.

Best part is nobody can really pin it as a superpower, so you're safe if someone does start hunting supers down.

Since Reality Warping/Doctor Manhattaning isnt on the list, I'd say super telekinesis would be the best power.

Moving stuff with your mind basically means you can have forcefields, high strength, flight, along other stuff.

Probably would only use my powers for convenience/personal gain. Not having to take a bus to go somewhere would be nice already.

Becoming a hero would be too annoying since all the menaces in the world are high in power and would turn your life into hell.

Funny this should come up now, I just started rereading Worm the other day for the nth time.  

Tinker powers are still bullshit.  I'd have to go with

Spoiler

Contessa's "path to victory" power as best power though.  Her power is literally to win.  That's it.

^Worm spoilers,if you haven't read it.

Edited by alexgndl

2 hours ago, alexgndl said:

Funny this should come up now, I just started rereading Worm the other day for the nth time.  

Tinker powers are still bullshit.  I'd have to go with Contessa's spoiler power as best power though.  Her power is literally to be a spoiler.  That's it.

You caught up on Twig yet? After that is Worm 2.

7 minutes ago, Rynjin said:

You caught up on Twig yet? After that is Worm 2.

I haven't read Twig or Pact yet, actually. I have a huge backlog of stuff to read, and I keep doing dumb things like rereading my favorite stuff over and over. Can't wait for Worm 2 though, really hoping Riley's the main character.  Or Valkyrie, but I highly doubt that.

1 hour ago, alexgndl said:

Tinker powers are still bullshit.  I'd have to go with SNIP power as best power though.  Her power is literally to win.  That's it.

spoiler tags for those that haven't read it fam

also i'm not sure if i can recommend pact tbh

Edited by DualJay