Medic

The Daily SPUF - A blog for you! Posting submissions from subSPUFers daily!

16 hours ago, Medic said:

yesterday's article was me being a sentimental twat.

Good article. I feel a similar way about the end of spuf. I mean, I've been angry at valve for years because of how they ran tf2 into the ground but this just takes the cake.

1 hour ago, Raivop said:

Might as well quickly point this out here for Aabicus that Payday 2 is available for free for limited time, because Overkill is giving away 5 million Payday 2 copies on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/218620/PAYDAY_2/

...and I will finish that article someday, you will see.

Will probably never ever play it but free is free.

Yay, Warlock's here! You can finally join the conversation and it only took the death of the entire Steam Powered User Fourms :D

25 minutes ago, A 1970 Corvette said:

61aae962de.jpg

Reminder that Reinhard von Lohengramm did nothing wrong.

(Incidentally I've always wondered how horrible of pacing issues the anime must suffer considering how every other chapter of the novels is "here's the backstory to yet another character" or "someone ruminates on military/political/economic strategies.)

45 minutes ago, Gyokuyoutama said:

Reminder that Reinhard von Lohengramm did nothing wrong.

(Incidentally I've always wondered how horrible of pacing issues the anime must suffer considering how every other chapter of the novels is "here's the backstory to yet another character" or "someone ruminates on military/political/economic strategies.)

I haven't watched much of it at all but so far it has been "backstory to character" for half episode then half of an episode of rumination.

I really don't like Sven Co-op. They change too many of the guns and remove some stuff if you play things like Opposing Force because Sven Co-op lacks the rope entity. Add on the fact that dying doesn't have any downsides in Sven Co-op and you don't really have to manage ammo and you get a lackluster experience of everyone running through the levels without caring about anything even on the hardest difficulties.

The maps MADE for the game might be good, but after trying out both Half-Life and Half-Life: Opposing Force with others, I don't feel like playing it.

For today's article, Medic talks about Rochelle.

To be honest, the characters are one of the last things I care about when playing L4D2. Normally when I play, I was playing with friends, and it's really hard to care about such things with the banter, idle chit chat and salt flinging that's going on. And when I do play alone, I am just there to go apeshit with a katana. I literally can't bring myself to even care about what the characters are saying in the safe room at the start. Not when I can tease my friend about his failure to miss the flight of stairs that's right before him.

On 12/06/2017 at 5:44 PM, Medicinal Warlock said:

For today's article, Medic talks about Rochelle.

To be honest, the characters are one of the last things I care about when playing L4D2. Normally when I play, I was playing with friends, and it's really hard to care about such things with the banter, idle chit chat and salt flinging that's going on. And when I do play alone, I am just there to go apeshit with a katana. I literally can't bring myself to even care about what the characters are saying in the safe room at the start. Not when I can tease my friend about his failure to miss the flight of stairs that's right before him.

I find that, although I'm not really paying attention to the characters, Rochelle is just flat out boring compared to anyone else. The other characters have their own charms and downsides and the like but Rochelle has nothing apart from "I'm a sensible woman."

6 hours ago, Medic said:

I find that, although I'm not really paying attention to the characters, Rochelle is just flat out boring compared to anyone else. The other characters have their own charms and downsides and the like but Rochelle has nothing apart from "I'm a sensible woman."

That ... sounds like a very toned-down Mary Sue. Instead of being straight-up awesome with no flaws, she's decent with no flaws.

Yesterday's article is about the Ullapool Caber by aabicus. I had fond memories of cheesing 1v2 melee battles with my friends with this. To be fair, I was fighting both of them and they thought going Scout and running at me together was a good idea after the fifth time they blew up.

Today's article is about instant cake mixes by Medic, plus her fridge cake recipe. 

2 minutes ago, Medicinal Warlock said:

Yesterday's article is about the Ullapool Caber by aabicus. I had fond memories of cheesing 1v2 melee battles with my friends with this. To be fair, I was fighting both of them and they thought going Scout and running at me together was a good idea after the fifth time they blew up.

Today's article is about instant cake mixes by Medic, plus her fridge cake recipe. 

DON'T REMIND ME ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CABER!

*Sobs*

Should I feel bad about my favorite recipe for cake mix cookies (that I make into sandwiches with frosting)?

I don't think I have ingredients at home to make a Douchissa like that...