Medic

The Daily SPUF - A blog for you! Posting submissions from subSPUFers daily!

3 minutes ago, Idiot Cube said:

Please report to the TIAM thread for complaining about the local weather.

Those of you who are new here, this is true. General random discussion can be put towards the TIAM thread.

Even if it was old SPUF tradition to post TIAM-style in the Daily SPUF thread, we're no longer shackled by TF2 discussion requirements.

4 hours ago, A 1970 Corvette said:

ayy

71ce5fd7be.png

at least i have no humidity

A few days ago it was 96 degrees with 100% humidity. I live in Florida is anyone's forgotten.

For reference:  Image result for heat index

It doesn't bother me that much, though. I've learned to like all weather, especially with how during Hurricane Season it can go from 90 degrees to thunderstorm (or both) in an hour. There are nice afternoon showers every day which bring mild coldfronts after enough though.

4 hours ago, Medicinal Warlock said:

Have hope, Medic.

All will be well.

Considering all the other dragon games I've played? I have very little hope.

40 minutes ago, Medic said:

Considering all the other dragon games I've played? I have very little hope.

That's fair considering the track record. Though I do like the look of Grim Dragons... As basic as it currently is :smile:

11 hours ago, Silver Wolf said:

That's fair considering the track record. Though I do like the look of Grim Dragons... As basic as it currently is :smile:

Yeah, it's definitely worth trying the demo.

In other news, I just posted this angry thing. Apologies for pushing back your article, Medicinal Warlock but I gotta jump on the new TF2 blog post. We were originally a TF2 blog after all.

18 minutes ago, Medic said:

In other news, I just posted this angry thing. Apologies for pushing back your article, Medicinal Warlock but I gotta jump on the new TF2 blog post. We were originally a TF2 blog after all.

It seems you misunderstood what the GRU and Eviction Notice now do; you don't take damage, your max health is lowered every second. That makes medic healing less effective, not more effective

1 minute ago, Razputin said:

It seems you misunderstood what the GRU and Eviction Notice now do; you don't take damage, your max health is lowered every second. That makes medic healing less effective, not more effective

Really?

That's...

That's really weird.

Either way I fixed the article.

5 minutes ago, Medic said:

Really?

That's...

That's really weird.

Either way I fixed the article.

To be fair it's pretty good in terms of not allowing medics to farm GRU/EN heavies for uber.

1 hour ago, Medic said:

Eh no worries, it's fine.

On the very bright side, at least they are now telling us about the changes beforehand so they can gauge the community reaction. I quite like the new Vita-Saw mechanic, it sounds fun in theory for those aggressive Medics. Not sure how it'll pan out in-game, though.

And dammit Valve, I wanted to write an article on the Eviction Notice. Now I need to wait till after the balance changes to see if I still like it.

7 minutes ago, Medicinal Warlock said:

Eh no worries, it's fine.

On the very bright side, at least they are now telling us about the changes beforehand so they can gauge the community reaction. I quite like the new Vita-Saw mechanic, it sounds fun in theory for those aggressive Medics. Not sure how it'll pan out in-game, though.

And dammit Valve, I wanted to write an article on the Eviction Notice. Now I need to wait till after the balance changes to see if I still like it.

Assuming this is what they actually go live with.

In theory it might work but the whole point of Medic is being calm and calculated and staying alive so you don't lose Uber.

1 hour ago, Medic said:

Assuming this is what they actually go live with.

In theory it might work but the whole point of Medic is being calm and calculated and staying alive so you don't lose Uber.

I was thinking along the lines of it rewarding the Medic for having his wits about him at a really bad moment to make the best out of a disaster. He will not make it out alive, but he can still try to do something proactive to try and salvage the situation.

Although the current 60% is pretty damn ridiculous, no arguing with that.

29 minutes ago, Medicinal Warlock said:

I was thinking along the lines of it rewarding the Medic for having his wits about him at a really bad moment to make the best out of a disaster. He will not make it out alive, but he can still try to do something proactive to try and salvage the situation.

Although the current 60% is pretty damn ridiculous, no arguing with that.

Alternatively it rewards the Medic who flails around panicking and randomly and swings his melee. And it rewards a Medic more than if he did before with the Vita-Saw, unless the Medic died at 75%-100% Uber.

Just now, Medic said:

Alternatively it rewards the Medic who flails around panicking and randomly and swings his melee. And it rewards a Medic more than if he did before with the Vita-Saw, unless the Medic died at 75%-100% Uber.

Ah.

Yeah, that.

7 hours ago, Medic said:

How was the Crit-a-Cola buffed? They removed the speed boost and made it so that the Scout using it gets marked for death for 5 seconds each attack they do. So now the Scout will have to take minicrits to deal minicrits, and not just afterwards.

Muh Flying Guillotine combo crit! D: Noooooooooooooo! I wouldn't of cared if they stopped the stun and/or slow on sandman'd targets but to remove it altogether is out of the blue. Feels more like it was removed since they couldn't be bothered to fix the Natascha bug :|

Now I'm sad :( Also I guess my counter is practically worthless now :c

Edited by Silver Wolf
Link

14 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

How was the Crit-a-Cola buffed? They removed the speed boost and made it so that the Scout using it gets marked for death for 5 seconds each attack they do. So now the Scout will have to take minicrits to deal minicrits, and not just afterwards.

In the post it says that they don't stack. You do one attack, you receive minicrits. You do more attacks, you don't receive any more minicrits. You would have got marked for death anyway.

13 hours ago, Silver Wolf said:

Muh Flying Guillotine combo crit! D: Noooooooooooooo! I wouldn't of cared if they stopped the stun and/or slow on sandman'd targets but to remove it altogether is out of the blue. Feels more like it was removed since they couldn't be bothered to fix the Natascha bug :|

Now I'm sad :( Also I guess my counter is practically worthless now :c

I don't get why they remove the combo. If it's because it's gimmicky, the Rocket Jumper + Market Gardener still exist. If it's because of the Natascha bug, it's like burning down a whole forest because there's a somewhat territorial puppy living at the forest's edge. It's a fun combo, and takes a fair bit of skill to pull off.

Now, I'm just waiting for the Sharpened Volcano Fragment buff. And since I'm obviously dreaming, I also want a free Hellfire Planeswalker Helm. That'll make up for Valve threatening to nerf my Scorch Shot by letting Sniper be immune to afterburn.

This is the article that I pushed back to write yesterday's article. I'll be honest I think it looks kinda weird because the emblem sits in front of Scout's backpack strap. If it wasn't for that, it'd be okay.