Sign in to follow this  
Gyokuyoutama

Non-Magic CCGs

I've finally gotten into Hearthstone, my main concern was that I would just constantly get crushed by meta decks but so far I've won more games than I lost and mostly play vs other f2p shitters just like me

Well there goes my interest in playing Hearthstone, finally grinded together a mage deck that I enjoyed playing and then I log in to see mana wyrm cost two mana. Was there some kind of meta deck that made that card overpowered or something because my own burn mage brew always felt like the underdog against "LOL my legend makes my hero ability twice as good enjoy me making 4 armor a turn"

I have no idea what I'm going to do now, got a bunch of good mage cards but I don't really see a good deck that can be built with it. Mana wyrm was just such an inportant early play.

I'd say play shadowverse because they are way more generous with packs and as such it's possible to build two or three good decks right from the start, but at the moment the meta is shit.  Rotation has turned into something where you need like 12 legendaries per deck (since the card limit for individual legendaries is 3, not 1) and while there are good legendary-light or legendary-free decks in Unlimited, there are also some degenerate combos at the moment.

Scratch that meta being bad thing.  Just play dog aggro and you're good.  (Though I guess that does require 3 cerberi at least, so it's not ultra budget.  But you can make do with no legends other than that.)

And I guess if you want to join the dark side, you could probably make a good city of gold deck with no legendaries.

Edited by Gyokuyoutama