TheOnlyGuyEver

Tell Your Raccoon Stories

1 minute ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Hoooooo boyyyyy. I once had a knife go all the way through my foot, but I don't think that compares.

That's a good one!

I broke my elbow once. Despite being a gaming enthusiast, I've got several neat surgery scars from when real "athletic" activity went wrong. :D

Just now, _Jaybee_ said:

That's a good one!

I broke my elbow once. Despite being a gaming enthusiast, I've got several neat surgery scars from when real "athletic" activity went wrong. :D

This is now a severe injury thread. Everybody get in here!

I've never broken anything, but in addition to the knife, a drill went through the palm of my hand (still a circle-shaped scar) and I used to have a bald spot on the top of my head cause of a big rock.

Here's my X-ray. No cast for it, but I do now have two 8 in titanium rods and some wire in there now. You think it sucks when you wack your "funny bone?" Now if I wack my left elbow there I pretty much have to stop whatever the fuck I'm doing for a few min due to the pain. :(

gPEvuYC.jpg

Edited by _Jaybee_

3 hours ago, _Jaybee_ said:

Here's my X-ray. No cast for it, but I do now have two 8 in titanium rods and some wire in there now. You think it sucks when you wack your "funny bone?" Now if I wack my left elbow there I pretty much have to stop whatever the fuck I'm doing for a few min due to the pain. :(

gPEvuYC.jpg

ow

Frick, owwwww. Get well soon.

I damaged/broke my left collar bone three times from the moment I was born until age 6. First time was just because I was a too-big baby being born, bro. Second time I was just a toddler trying to climb on my parent's bed when I fell and hit my shoulder on the hard corner of a nightstand. Third time, I was just about to go into kindergarten. I was playing on a treadmill with some friends at their house when I decided it would be a good idea to try running on it at its highest speed. It was not a good idea. I never had surgery done, but I did have to wear a special brace each time.

Back during 9th grade, I was playing flag football in P.E. I leaped to tackle a guy, my fingers got tangled up in his shirt and flag belt, I fell, and found that I had broken my left ring finger at the second knuckle from the tip. That was the only thing I've had surgery for. I ended up having to perform a Shakespeare scene with a cast on my finger.

9 hours ago, Mersopolis said:

Frick, owwwww. Get well soon.

I damaged/broke my left collar bone three times from the moment I was born until age 6. First time was just because I was a too-big baby being born, bro. Second time I was just a toddler trying to climb on my parent's bed when I fell and hit my shoulder on the hard corner of a nightstand. Third time, I was just about to go into kindergarten. I was playing on a treadmill with some friends at their house when I decided it would be a good idea to try running on it at its highest speed. It was not a good idea. I never had surgery done, but I did have to wear a special brace each time.

Back during 9th grade, I was playing flag football in P.E. I leaped to tackle a guy, my fingers got tangled up in his shirt and flag belt, I fell, and found that I had broken my left ring finger at the second knuckle from the tip. That was the only thing I've had surgery for. I ended up having to perform a Shakespeare scene with a cast on my finger.

I'm fine now, that was almost 10 years ago (I think, lost about half of that day to a concussion, too).

Other highlights:

Broken Collarbone (fell down the stars as a 2 year old)

Broken Pinky finger (left hand, on the growth plate, I can't straighten my left pinky with the rest of my fingers anymore, not a big deal)

Broken collarbone, again (skiing accident pre-highschool)

Broken Leg (done while skiing, but not from a crash, I weight lifted in highschool and am a pretty big guy, my patella tendon pulled my leg apart at the growth plate because my thigh muscle was too strong for my leg. I was skiing a mogul run, hit one kind of funny, heard my leg pop, and went down :()

Broken right pinky knuckle (this was a "boxer" type break, from hitting a solid object instead of the person whom had made me mad)

Broken Left Elbow. (Motorized bicycle accident. I didn't put the bike together properly, and went down at speed when the engine moved in the bike frame, and locked up the chain, sending me over the bars got a nice concussion from that, too)

I am thankful that I have broken no bones and I hope that trend continues.

I would be ruined if I broke an arm.

24 minutes ago, hugthebed2 said:

I'm surprised you survived that, have any lasting burn marks?

Well, now that you mention it, as a kid I grilled my hand really good on the top of a Kerosene heater, after I fell on it while roughhousing with my brother.

That was also how I broke my pinky on the growth plate, too.  For a fat guy who isn't all that active, I've got a lot of scars. :biggrin: I've even been in a couple of car accidents, too. (no injuries for either one)

Well, when I was a little baby I was crawling on top of a truck stop table and fell and hit my head on the hard floor. Then, not too long after my dad held me up to show me to Grandpa (least I think it was Grandpa) and I had my head whacked by a ceiling fan that was slowly spinning. I like to think the first one made me super dumb but the second made me super smart, although I guess it could be the opposite.

The only real injury I can boast of is when I broke my ankle. I was circling my bike on the driveway waiting for my mom to come out so we could go to my friend's house. I fell off and my ankle got wedged between the pedal and the driveway. I couldn't walk back inside and my mom had to get the old-ass office chair my dad kept in the garage and cart me into the house. I had to walk from the garage door to my room because the chair couldn't fit through the garage door with me on it, which was very painful. The next day I went to the doctor, got a cast and some crutches and used them for about a month.

I just smoked another one with my Golf tonight on the way home, fuck. I would be more mad, but the front end of my car is already all fucked up from the poor dog that I hit last year...

It's just "more broken" now. :/

Back when I actually tried to get good at shooters, I tended to listen to eurobeat during matches.

It did seem to significantly increase the number of things I killed.

Oh no, for shooters I'd definitely would recommend drum'n'bass instead. Eurobeat is the kind of music that needs engine sound in the background, it's just not complete otherwise. In the car though - +30 horsepower guaranteed.

may cause severe lack of fuel efficiency and higher risk of speeding ticket