TheOnlyGuyEver

Jungle Inferno Update Thread

Played two matches, then got automatically rematched to another server four times in a row immediately after joining another server.  Then I got a message that connection failed too many times and matchmaking completely stalled out.  Quit, boot up again, get a message that since I abandoned my team I'm temp banned from matchmaking.  Join community servers, no connection to item servers anywhere...

3 hours ago, Gyokuyoutama said:

Played two matches, then got automatically rematched to another server four times in a row immediately after joining another server.  Then I got a message that connection failed too many times and matchmaking completely stalled out.  Quit, boot up again, get a message that since I abandoned my team I'm temp banned from matchmaking.  Join community servers, no connection to item servers anywhere...

What? Were you using comp matchmaking? Causal doesn't punish you for abandoning

Im seeing cries of OP everywhere, but it might just be people adjusting to the pyro actually be a threat. I really want to get to playing it myself

Also pyro actually did have a time of being OP, when the backburner gave you +50 HP

32 minutes ago, Razputin said:

Im seeing cries of OP everywhere, but it might just be people adjusting to the pyro actually be a threat.

I agree. It might seem OP because everybody's using it and there are 10 of them on each team right now so you're always on fire, but even so I've noticed in my play that the Dragon's Fury is basically the anti-flamethrower. It excels in DM which is a first for Pyro, but sucks at taking on like more than 2 people.

After spending a day with all the new weapons, here are my in-depth thoughts on them:

Dragon's Fury: Absolutely amazing. It rewards skill by requiring you to hit a 2nd shot while your enemy is still briefly lit if you want the massive damage, it gives Pyro DM arguably on par with the generalists of the game (I've ever hit some neat airshots with the thing), but it's by no means without a downside. This weapon is a weapon, not an airblast cannon. If you want to be airblasting things rapidly, this is not the weapon to use. If you want to jump down onto the cart and kill everyone there, this is not the weapon to use either. Crowd control is not it's forte.

The Gas Passer: I desperately want this to be a good weapon. I love the idea and the area denial of it. But sadly, it's just not very good. The afterburn from it can easily be extinguished, and the gas isn't even counted as a liquid, so no Neon Annihilator combos. The Scorch Shot is far superior if you want to inflict afterburn on a crowd (while also giving yourself some modest mobility).

Thermal Thruster: Really good.  This thing can send you high as fuck and far as fuck. My only gripe with it is the holster time. An entire 1.1 seconds to put away the jetpack. With this limitation in place, it's much more of a positioning or flanking tool like the Detonator; seldom will you ever have your flamethrower out and ready if you bomb into or chase after an enemy. The sheer mobility it gives is great, but it makes it a bit of a hard time to utilize that mobility to directly engage in combat like a Soldier or Scout can.

The Hot Hand: Silly weapon. Look like a silly bastard waving your hand around. Although the speed boost you get from it is pretty big.

Second Banana: You'll notice that between day 3 and day 4 they actually buffed this item. It restores 200 health on eat, recharges in 10 seconds, and drops as a small health kit. It's an odd middle-ground between the Dalokohs and the Sandvich. If you want to focus on healing yourself, Banana is the way to go. If you want to focus on healing others, roll Sandvich. I'll still probably use the Dalokohs most of the time though. That 50 extra max health saves lives.

7 hours ago, Razputin said:

What? Were you using comp matchmaking? Causal doesn't punish you for abandoning

Casual usually doesn't reconnect you to another server after a match began either.

I think it was just another side effect of the servers generally being fubared yesterday.

On 10/21/2017 at 6:39 AM, Razputin said:

Im seeing cries of OP everywhere, but it might just be people adjusting to the pyro actually be a threat. I really want to get to playing it myself

Also pyro actually did have a time of being OP, when the backburner gave you +50 HP

Nah, it was tanky as fuck but that backburner didn't have airblast so it was actually pretty bad. But that was back when people generally sucked at the game and couldn't deal with Pyros well.

Has anyone else been struggling to connect to a match since some of the hotfixes? I was able to connect easily the first day, but now I'm just stucked being "queued for casual" with no sign of joining a match...

8 minutes ago, majer63 said:

Has anyone else been struggling to connect to a match since some of the hotfixes? I was able to connect easily the first day, but now I'm just stucked being "queued for casual" with no sign of joining a match...

Takes me about twenty minutes of queuing to get in.

Other issues:

Contracts take about two minutes to activate between clicking the button and it actually tracking stats.

The gas passer starts out gone for me, and I have to wait for it to recharge before I can use it the first time.  Going to a supply locker does nothing.  The timer also seems to carry over after death.  I don't know if this has to do with me borrowing it or what.

If I start the game with a controller connected it automatically boots in big picture mode with seemingly no way to disable it.  I can use keyboard an mouse for most things, but not class selection for some reason, that has to be done with the controller.  Also the left dpad direction doesn't work even though the controller is fine.

And just now, I got the issue where I connected via queuing to a casual server, and immediately after it loaded got a message that I had been matched and I would connect to server in 10 seconds.  Only this time the server didn't load because of the error "this server rejects ad-hoc connections" despite matchmaking sending me there.

We waited a year and a half for an update that used to be the norm a few years back.

I can't get anything to even work.

16 hours ago, _Jaybee_ said:

You use the gru to get your max health down to 100, and then immediately eat the bar, and then switch back to the gru as soon as you're done. Repeating that cycle 5 times will get you over 900 hp, but 4 times will get you over 850. :D

Did this get patched already? I tried it and it didn't work.

24 minutes ago, Kered13 said:

Did this get patched already? I tried it and it didn't work.

It still works.  I just played a round of 2fort where I had over 100k health.

EDIT: Here's visual evidence:

gX6dxvu.jpg

Unfortunately we still lost because my team couldn't protect the intel even with me locking down half of blu at spawn, but it was pretty amusing seeing the entire team trying to kill me in the humiliation round with crits and not even coming close.

Edited by Gyokuyoutama

Well how did you do it? Because I tried alternating GRU and eating the bar and it never went best 450 even after repeating it like 10 times.

Edited by Kered13

16 minutes ago, Kered13 said:

Well how did you do it? Because I tried alternating GRU and eating the bar and it never went best 450 even after repeating it like 10 times.

You have to quick switch between the gru and your primary while the bar is recharging.

(Hat tip to Wicket for that point of clarification.)

Like with the quickswitch button? You can't just use the normal switch buttons? Cause I already tried normal switching.

Edited by Kered13

1 minute ago, Kered13 said:

Like with the quickswitch button? You can't just use the normal switch buttons?

I suppose you could, but the point is to alternate between the two weapons as fast as possible, so using the quickswitch button is the best way because you can just mash it.

I don't fully understand how the glitch works but it has something to do with the health you lose on switch to the GRU screwing up the math.  So you want to switch to the GRU as many times as you possibly can.