Sign in to follow this  
hugthebed2

Doujin/Japanese Indie Games

This is the Daily Sugu Thread thread for your orange_juice games and other things localized from Japan. Mainly here so that those that don't want to hear junk about it can just avoid this thread, rather than to actually have tons of discussion.

Today's topic: The lackluster new Voice Pack for 100% Orange Juice. Why no Peat? Why do people care about Poppo? 

At least Yuki's voice is okay, and Kemono Friends fans can resonate that their favorite game has the voice actors for Fennec and White Rhino now.

Poppo is about as awful as I would have expected. I guess FBF couldn't afford Danny DeVito, because that's what my first choice was. They probably didn't pick Peat because nobody likes male Juusus except for maybe NoName.

Overall all of the voice packs end up using higher-pitched voices for characters than I expected. I'm okay with Fernet's though. I was expecting the lower-pitched ohohoho type voice but it seems like she's more of the uppity princess type. Not bad either way. Yuki could have been deeper as well, but it's still fine for her.

I don't like Hime's voice, so that means that it's working as intended.

2 minutes ago, A 1970 Corvette said:

Poppo is about as awful as I would have expected. I guess FBF couldn't afford Danny DeVito, because that's what my first choice was. They probably didn't pick Peat because nobody likes male Juusus except for maybe NoName.

I don't think people even like NoName, that's just us.

On the topic of orange juice though I was really hoping that the second voice pack was going to have all 8 of the "extra base game characters" (i.e. not-starters, npcs, or bosses).

Because damn this is going to get expensive if it's four at a time forever.

8 minutes ago, Gyokuyoutama said:

On the topic of orange juice though I was really hoping that the second voice pack was going to have all 8 of the "extra base game characters" (i.e. not-starters, npcs, or bosses).

Because damn this is going to get expensive if it's four at a time forever.

I'd be surprised if they released voice packs for DLC. Then it'd be DLC for DLC and that's kind of insane.

1 hour ago, A 1970 Corvette said:

I'd be surprised if they released voice packs for DLC. Then it'd be DLC for DLC and that's kind of insane.

"If it comes to that, we've already worked out a good way to handle it that I don't expect to be controversial in any way."

I tried to play Elona once and it was very complicated, the menus are navigated using some weird ass combination of keys and I didnt put in the effort to figure out what to do.

May try it again some time.

15 minutes ago, hugthebed2 said:

"If it comes to that, we've already worked out a good way to handle it that I don't expect to be controversial in any way."

Clearly, you have to send them recordings of you making Poppo noises.

40 minutes ago, Paero said:

I tried to play Elona once and it was very complicated, the menus are navigated using some weird ass combination of keys and I didnt put in the effort to figure out what to do.

May try it again some time.

My dog wasn't very appreciative of me riding him around while carrying a grand piano.

1 hour ago, hugthebed2 said:

have u ever farmed an online board game for 8 hours on the last day of an event

Now that the dust has settled, what is the absolute best new-gen costume?

I actually like Injun Aru a lot.

4 hours ago, A 1970 Corvette said:

Now that the dust has settled, what is the absolute best new-gen costume?

I actually like Injun Aru a lot.

Cop Yuki was the only costume I saw and thought "I absolutely need to get this."

In retrospect it kind of surprises me that no one mentioned in this thread that the new 2hu is on steam.

On that topic I'm starting to think that ZUN's intentionally doing crap art at this point.

22 hours ago, hugthebed2 said:

I feel bad for using the presents in Singleplayer because that means I'm denying others in Multiplayer from getting gifts.

It's okay, everyone else who actually wanted to see the event did it too.

Plus, now I'm more than halfway through the campaigns on Extreme now!!

4 minutes ago, Moby said:

What do you even get by giving 15 gifts?

I pretty much got all the Christmas costumes just from playing with randoms.

It unlocks a new Extra Scenario, which gives a new special costume for all characters (I also got dice from beating that scenario).

Got through Bunny Must Die a bit more in preparation for Rabi Ribi eventually. I don't want these steam library games to go to waste.

Actually, I'm apparently right at Chelsea. I only defeated 6 others apparently however.

Edited by hugthebed2