Sign in to follow this  
Gyokuyoutama

ITT Post Virtual Youtubers

Recently my Youtube recommended feed has started sending me recommendations for more and more obscure virtual youtubers.  The more I click, the weirder stuff comes up later.

So I thought it might be interesting to see how long we can keep a thread going where each post needs to have a video from a different virtual youtuber.

With the opening post I suppose that I have to start with the most obvious example of all, Miss Kizuna AI:

I'll leave the other obvious ones for other people though.

I guess we might as well get this one out of the way:

Honestly despite likely having the production values of all the virtual youtube channels, I don't really see the appeal of Mirai Akari.  How would you describe her other than "generic virtual idol"?

1 hour ago, Gyokuyoutama said:

Honestly despite likely having the production values of all the virtual youtube channels, I don't really see the appeal of Mirai Akari.  How would you describe her other than "generic virtual idol"?

Mirai Akari is relevant because she was the first.

I guess we might as well finish of the top tier with everyone's favorite virtual old man fox girl lolita nojya, Nekomasu:

It should be obvious that I have a soft spot for Nekomasu.  But I think he has a general appeal compared to other virtual youtubers in the earnestness that comes across in his videos.  Unlike all the other super popular virtual youtubers, it's basically just him and whatever technology he personally owns.

I guess that we're through all the big names so I'll just occasionally just post whatever channel happens to come to my attention.

Here we have Nora Cat, a virtual youtuber who picked the absolute worst name if you want to find the channel with an English search:

Nora Cat's usual videos are hour + long streams, so I haven't really seen much of this channel.  All I really know about the channel is that at some point a technical error revealed that the creator was actually a male Japanese nerd, and not the totally real catgirl with a vocaloid voice that everyone totally thought it was.

Oh and now that I actually look at this video I didn't watch guess Nekomasu has the top comment so apparently he's a fan.

Now to get to the really obscure.  This thing popped in my recommended videos after looking at a bunch of virtual youtubers:

I was hesitant about posting this because I thought it might be a one-off but there's a second one so I guess it's a new channel?

Anyway, this is one of those videos where I know just enough Japanese to be even more confused.  Is she really talking about how Videodrome of all things is her favorite movie?

I don't really know anything about this YUA but this video has engrish so it's good enough for me:

I guess she learned English watching Patlabor?

Wait just one minute! Why the heck would anybody in the right mind watch a 15 minute video about some wacky waifu playing a videogame? I mean, it's better than watching a 15 minute long video about that Pewdy fella',  but this is still absolutely unacceptable in my book! The entire idea of this stuff existing is funny. But not so much in a good way. Yikes! But I won't judge none, because I have my own wacky interests that shall not be mentioned.

On 23/02/2018 at 5:13 AM, LordAIDS Monkey said:

Wait just one minute! Why the heck would anybody in the right mind watch a 15 minute video about some wacky waifu playing a videogame? I mean, it's better than watching a 15 minute long video about that Pewdy fella',  but this is still absolutely unacceptable in my book! The entire idea of this stuff existing is funny. But not so much in a good way. Yikes! But I won't judge none, because I have my own wacky interests that shall not be mentioned.

TMAVR-033

On 2/23/2018 at 5:13 AM, LordAIDS Monkey said:

You type like a big silly billy.

I suppose for historical accuracy, I should post the real first virtual youtuber, Ami Yamato:

That's 6 years ago, so even if we accept Mirai Akari's pre-Mirai Akari days this is till undoubtably the first.

Needless to say this channel never really caught on.  Even with the current virtual youtuber explosion, it's only to 95k subscribers after 6 years.

Judging from Pixiv and subscriber counts, a new challenger has emerged for the top tier of virtual youtuber popularity:

Though honestly even I'm nearly completely bored by this.  We already have a catgirl and we have way too many PUBG lps.

I guess the design is somewhat reminiscent of Mine Yoshikaze stuff, I'll given them that.

Edited by Gyokuyoutama