Sign in to follow this  
General DeGroot

The Thread that Makes you go Hmmm

sort of a mix of deep philosophical thoughts, profound insights and shitposts. Either images or posts of some vaguely discernible drivel about life, the universe, or something in between that creates a deep feeling of Hmmm.
I'll start:
 Maybe the reason EA is buying all these companies is so they can sell them to smaller companies in lootboxes.

In Back to the Future 2, Biff steals the DeLorean, goes back to 1955 to give his past self the almanac, then comes back to 2015, and leaves the DeLorean for Doc and Marty to find. But when Doc and Marty later go back to 1985, they somehow switch to the new timeline Biff created. Shouldn't Biff's changes to the past have caused him to return to a Biff-ified 2015, leaving Doc and Marty stranded in the original timeline with no time machine?

52 minutes ago, Idiot Cube said:

In Back to the Future 2, Biff steals the DeLorean, goes back to 1955 to give his past self the almanac, then comes back to 2015, and leaves the DeLorean for Doc and Marty to find. But when Doc and Marty later go back to 1985, they somehow switch to the new timeline Biff created. Shouldn't Biff's changes to the past have caused him to return to a Biff-ified 2015, leaving Doc and Marty stranded in the original timeline with no time machine?

Clearly Back to the Future time travel works on Dragonball logic.

Marty McFly is the Soulreaver of the Back to the Future universe.  You can't actually change history unless he travels through time.

9 hours ago, Veez said:

Is the only reason we all stick around on this dying website because we have no one else to socialize with?

the real hmmm here is that we have anyone to socialize with at all.

Still occasionally wonder if there's a color or something really fundamental that I perceive differently from everyone else and the only thing that has stopped me from noticing is that I haven't brought it up to someone

2 hours ago, A 1970 Corvette said:

Still occasionally wonder if there's a color or something really fundamental that I perceive differently from everyone else and the only thing that has stopped me from noticing is that I haven't brought it up to someone

We all see colours differently anyway. Things like RGB colours and Pantone books are just an agreement on how you make each specific colour, but we probably don't all see Pantone 872C the same way.

3 hours ago, A 1970 Corvette said:

What the fuck, this. That’s been on my mind since I was a kid

It's still weird to think about that millions of people play games like Dota, Fortnite, or Overwatch without even reading the patch notes to each patch whereas if I were to play those games I'd flock to the patch notes immediately if an update were to hit.

5 hours ago, hugthebed2 said:

It's still weird to think about that millions of people play games like Dota, Fortnite, or Overwatch without even reading the patch notes to each patch whereas if I were to play those games I'd flock to the patch notes immediately if an update were to hit.

On a kinda related note I wish I could relive my first experiences with games like Planetside and TF2. The games I've played for thousands of hours and now have a very deep knowledge of, I wanna go back and play when I barely knew anything at all.

3 hours ago, A 1970 Corvette said:

On a kinda related note I wish I could relive my first experiences with games like Planetside and TF2. The games I've played for thousands of hours and now have a very deep knowledge of, I wanna go back and play when I barely knew anything at all.

I remember my very first match; Thunder Mountain stage 1, BLU. In that same day, I got my very first weapon drop (either Degreaser or Danger Shield) on a later match on Barn Blitz BLU, the same match in which I got my Gibus (and coincidentally thought you could pick up hats by walking over them).

7 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I remember my very first match; Thunder Mountain stage 1, BLU. In that same day, I got my very first weapon drop (either Degreaser or Danger Shield) on a later match on Barn Blitz BLU, the same match in which I got my Gibus (and coincidentally thought you could pick up hats by walking over them).

I remember my first game on PC was goldrush and I picked heavy on red and won cuz that's how you won

But I don't really remember my REAL first game on xbox 360

4 hours ago, Medic said:

Would free to play games have worked nearly as well if they had even a tiny cost to play them?

No, having to go through the payment process alone is bothersome enough for a lot of people to never try a game, even a 1 cent payment would probably hold just as many people back as a €5 paymenr

2 hours ago, Razputin said:

No, having to go through the payment process alone is bothersome enough for a lot of people to never try a game, even a 1 cent payment would probably hold just as many people back as a €5 paymenr

Might also mean we'd have less pay to win games though and higher quality overall?

14 hours ago, Medic said:

Would free to play games have worked nearly as well if they had even a tiny cost to play them?

Depends on the game.

For those focused on constant multiplayer quickmatches, no.

For those with more single player elements, probably.

8 hours ago, General DeGroot said:

Is there any real difference between doggystyle and reverse cowgirl? What about in a zero-G environment?

Technically, no, it just depends on whose moving their hips. In zero-G? Define that. Are we talking in low-Earth orbit? I think the general rules still apply depending on relative position to Earth. In "true" zero-G, think that depends who is moving their hips more.

23 hours ago, John Caveson said:

Technically, no, it just depends on whose moving their hips. In zero-G? Define that. Are we talking in low-Earth orbit? I think the general rules still apply depending on relative position to Earth. In "true" zero-G, think that depends who is moving their hips more.

Nailed it. Greatest question of our time solved by John Caveson.

Everyone go home.